Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Clan Organization
FAQ Community Calendar

Clan Organization Clan recruiting and other things clans want publicized.

Old 07-27-2011, 06:56 AM

Default Orion's Official Clan Thread

Orion's Official Clan Thread
[The above image is meant to reflect all past members of Orion]

Our Clan:
Orion sparked from an interest shared by myself and 6 close friends. Enticed by visions of starting and maintaining a successful clan, we took it upon ourselves to try to accomplish exactly that. As much as it pains me to say it - and I mean that sincerely - schedules became overwhelming for many of us since Orion's inception and many players were forced to abandon their dedication to the clan, and in many cases to Altitude itself. With all of Orion's founding captains struggling to make time for scrimmages and competitions, many of Orion's junior members began to disperse and follow their own paths.

To my knowledge, I [Alnilam/AnimalMan] am the only active Orion member still sporting a clan tag. As I have been asked to co-captain PIE, my loyalties lie with them for the time being; but, should those loyalties ever dissipate, I genuinely intend to begin recruitment for Orion again and to make it the successful clan it was meant to be. Until then, RECRUITMENT: CLOSED. To those of you who, for however short a time, were a member of Orion: I thank you sincerely for a great time and I wish you the best of luck in all of your current and future endeavors, both in-game and in all other aspects of life.

Our Servers:
[Orion] 1 life server
[Orion] Ball Server
[Orion] Belt (All Game Modes)
[Orion] TBD server
[Orion] Duels*
[Orion] Exclusive Belt*
[Orion] Custom Map Server*

[Servers marked with an asterisk (*) are private clan servers.]

Our Clan Members:
This list is meant to reflect all past members of Orion.
Red Giants (Founding Captains)
- [Orion]Alnitak (Executive Recruitment Chair)
- [Orion]Alnilam (Manager of Clan Affairs and Communications)
- [Orion]Mintaka (Server Owner, Server Administrator)
Red Giants (Honorary Captains)
- [Orion]C4 Exp(5).rev
- (5) sprently [Orion]
- [Orion]Aero
Blue Giants (Founding Members, Server Admins)
- [Orion]Meissa
- [Orion]Saiph
Main Sequence (Junior Members)
- {Orion}Hapkido
- [Orion] Doritos
- [Orion]GhostRunner
- [Orion]bradpowers
- [Orion]Cap.Blanco
- [Orion]RedLight[TH]
- {SWN} Medo [Orion]
- [Orion]League
- [Orion]Betelgeuse
- [Orion]Serrion
- [Orion]masterofbooks

Last edited by Orion; 06-24-2012 at 10:05 PM.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:04 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Greekjr14 Send a message via Skype™ to Greekjr14

Always nice to see new clans coming up (especially tbd) and I wish you good luck with your team!
Old 07-27-2011, 08:15 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to evilarsenal

Old 07-27-2011, 08:20 AM

Good to have new ambitious players.
Good luck with the clan
Old 07-27-2011, 09:42 AM

Hey guys, good luck , always good to have new clans...

Old 07-27-2011, 01:12 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to Demuyt

Good luck to you guys.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:15 PM

I dig the clan pic
Old 07-27-2011, 05:53 PM

Another organised TBD clan, awesomesauce.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:23 PM

It nice to see new clan in Altitude. Sign up in Pwned TBD tournament.

Good luck with ur clan, Orion!!!
Old 07-27-2011, 06:55 PM

Great to see a new tbd clan, best of luck to you! Also you may want to consider recruiting people outside of your friends irl, otherwise you may have trouble having enough people for games.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:56 PM

Thanks to Evil for the bracket.

=Servers=

APL 1-6 pw=aleague

= Week 1 schedule, Double elimination 5v5 TBD=

Round 1 - 10pm GMT [BO3]

Round 2 - 1030pm GMT [Bo3]

Semis - 11pm GMT [BO5]

Final & 3rd place playoff - 1230am GMT [BO5]

Losers bracket

Round 1 - 1030pm GMT [BO3]

Round 2 - 11pm GMT [BO3]

Round 3 - 1130pm GMT [BO3]

Round 4 - 12am GMT [BO3]

Here is a link for a time zone converter, make sure to click 'use following time' and enter accordingly, as opposed to 'use current date and time'. http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc

We have 4 US and 2 Euro APL servers, team captains should decide a free server between them to play their matches.

Teams will be seeded for week 2 as per the results from week 1.

Good luck!
Old 07-30-2011, 05:47 AM

i don't like the way it turned out. but oh well.

EDIT: asked for still:

Last edited by ModernArcher; 07-30-2011 at 06:04 AM.
Old 07-30-2011, 06:50 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Duck Duck Pwn

Orion the new V3????
Old 08-01-2011, 11:02 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to evilarsenal

APL s6 is a tbd league, i suggest u guys sign up and test ur strength ^__^
Old 08-02-2011, 01:17 AM

=Week2=

5PM - Altitude time (GMT)

Ok, here's where the seeds come into play.

Had i released the format for week2 early on you will see that there would have been ample room for match fixing so i hope it now makes sense :S

No bracket, week2 will be a round robin 5v5 TBD. Each team will play one map against each other, the map will be chosen by the team with the lower seed, so if you spot a teams' weak map, now will be the time to capitalise.

Teams will be awarded points relative to the seeding from week 1. The team with the lower seed will take points relative to their own seed, whereas the team with the higher seed takes points relative to their opponents seed.
e.g
Orion beat KLF - Orion recieve 8 points
or
KLF beat Orion - KLF recieves 2 points.

Keep in mind that the teams with the lower seed will choose the map so that is a good advantage.

Teams will be awarded 1 point for each game won in week 1.

After a quick totting up of scores, the two teams that have accrued most points over both weeks will play a BO5 final to determine an overall winner.

With 6 servers and 8 teams (crosses fingers for Ai) i can see this ( - the final) taking an hour + 1/2, maybe more.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:37 AM

thanks for letting me in team aka {Orion}Hapkido

Last edited by orangebelt; 09-01-2011 at 05:35 PM.
Old 08-07-2011, 01:57 AM

Round 1 - 5PM GMT

Round 2 - 530PM GMT

Round 3 - 6PM GMT

Semis finals - 630PM GMT

Final - 8PM GMT

-Losers bracket-

Round 1 - 530PM GMT

Round 2 - 6PM GMT

Round 3 - 630 PM GMT

Round 4 - 7PM GMT

Round 5 - 730PM GMT

-Same as last week, all matches will be BO3 with the exception of the final which will be BO5.

-Please note that because this is double elimination, the team that enters the final from the losers bracket must win 2 BO5's against the opposing team in order to win.

=Week2 map pools=

-BO3's-

Asteroids, Fallout, Justice, Scrapyard, Middleground.

-Final-

Focus, Asteroids, Grotto, Cave, Mayhem, Fallout, Tron (wildcard)

Good luck!
Old 08-20-2011, 08:02 PM

Well, I am sorry fellow Orion members, this is GhostRunner, I am sorry to tell you that I will not be able to continue with this clan. Due to some things going on this year, I will not be able to play with you, I am sorry for this. Orion is an amazing clan that can go far. You guys are the best, I'm very sorry.
Old 08-22-2011, 04:39 AM

I guess I'm in? Happy to be here. I'm not going to be able to do much (if any) competitive play, but I'll be around to play scrims with ya guys when I get a chance.
Old 09-03-2011, 02:54 AM

Default New captains

So, things have gotten extremely busy for us three captains lately, and we have been guilty of some neglect to the clan. It is becoming fairly clear to us that we three, alone, do not have enough time to manage the clan during the winter, when we are busiest, and thus, we are seeking to make one or two of our most trusted members captains, who will be able to enroll orion in events when we are unable to.

We will be on, likely this weekend, to pick them.

We are not retiring from our positions, and still plan to have an active part in the clan, especially during summer. However, this allows orion greater flexibility in competing in events, as we are not always free for them, especially during this time of year, when we our busiest.
Old 09-03-2011, 04:51 AM

Smile

OMG I AM SO HAPPY WE HAVE THREAD! WOOOO!
Old 09-03-2011, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion View Post
So, things have gotten extremely busy for us three captains lately, and we have been guilty of some neglect to the clan. It is becoming fairly clear to us that we three, alone, do not have enough time to manage the clan during the winter, when we are busiest, and thus, we are seeking to make one or two of our most trusted members captains, who will be able to enroll orion in events when we are unable to.

We will be on, likely this weekend, to pick them.

We are not retiring from our positions, and still plan to have an active part in the clan, especially during summer. However, this allows orion greater flexibility in competing in events, as we are not always free for them, especially during this time of year, when we our busiest.
ty um so u will pick on altitude or on forums
i no im not going to be it but just want to no or maybe i will be picked lol i am {Orion}Hapkido
Old 09-03-2011, 06:22 AM

After a bit of deliberation, we would like to ask the following three members to consider becoming captains: [Orion]Aero, (5) sprently [Orion], and [Orion]C4 Explo(5). If you accept this offer you will be given the same privileges as each of our three current captains, including: full admin status on all clan servers, permission to sign Orion up for tournaments (Please check with other members to make sure enough players will be available for each game.), and recruitment of new members (We ask that recruitment nominees are approved by at least 50% of the captains. We realize this means communication will be necessary in many circumstances and that the recruitment process may be a bit tedious, but we ask that you respect this and only admit new members after consulting other captains.) Our only condition is that, given that myself, Alnitak, and Mintaka formed the clan, we reserve extended permissions where we see fit; by that I mean only to say that if at any time the three of us disagree with other captains on something, our decision is final. That being said, I don't expect many arguments will arise.

Any of the members listed above who wish to become a captain are asked to email their account ID (ex. 4a3e2199-d507-4a0d-a9d2-fa86e2b49ecd) to OrionTBD@gmail.com. Primary clan communication is migrating to a clan forum we set up, which will be linked to on our clan website (http://oriontbd.tk) in the coming days. We ask that ALL members of Orion create an account on the forums, preferrably with the same username you use in Altitude; for instance, my username on the forums is "Alnilam".

Thanks to Aero, sprently, and C4 in advance for your replies. Remember, if you would prefer to stay a normal member, just let us know. We are merely offering you the opportunity. (*For the record, I am aware that Sprently and C4 are in leadership positions in Rev and that Aero is also a member of Rev; as such, I repeat that this is simply an opportunity we felt we should offer. If you feel more inclined to lead Rev, please do not feel obliged to do both.)

Last edited by Orion; 09-03-2011 at 06:27 AM.
Old 09-03-2011, 06:34 AM

Quote:
After a bit of deliberation, we would like to ask the following three members to consider becoming captains: [Orion]Aero, (5) sprently [Orion], and [Orion]C4 Explo(5). If you accept this offer you will be given the same privileges as each of our three current captains, including: full admin status on all clan servers, permission to sign Orion up for tournaments (Please check with other members to make sure enough players will be available for each game.), and recruitment of new members (We ask that recruitment nominees are approved by at least 50% of the captains. We realize this means communication will be necessary in many circumstances and that the recruitment process may be a bit tedious, but we ask that you respect this and only admit new members after consulting other captains.) Our only condition is that, given that myself, Alnitak, and Mintaka formed the clan, we reserve extended permissions where we see fit; by that I mean only to say that if at any time the three of us disagree with other captains on something, our decision is final. That being said, I don't expect many arguments will arise.

Any of the members listed above who wish to become a captain are asked to email their account ID (ex. 4a3e2199-d507-4a0d-a9d2-fa86e2b49ecd) to OrionTBD@gmail.com. Primary clan communication is migrating to a clan forum we set up, which will be linked to on our clan website (http://oriontbd.tk) in the coming days. We ask that ALL members of Orion create an account on the forums, preferrably with the same username you use in Altitude; for instance, my username on the forums is "Alnilam".

Thanks to Aero, sprently, and C4 in advance for your replies. Remember, if you would prefer to stay a normal member, just let us know. We are merely offering you the opportunity. (*For the record, I am aware that Sprently and C4 are in leadership positions in Rev and that Aero is also a member of Rev; as such, I repeat that this is simply an opportunity we felt we should offer. If you feel more inclined to lead Rev, please do not feel obliged to do both.)
how come aero gets it when hes new
Old 09-03-2011, 06:46 AM

Aero is actually a very experienced player. When he joined the clan he was playing on a new account because he forgot the information for his original account. Since then he was able to recover his first account and from what he has told me about his play time and kills, he has more play time than pretty much anyone else in the clan.
Old 09-03-2011, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Aero is actually a very experienced player. When he joined the clan he was playing on a new account because he forgot the information for his original account. Since then he was able to recover his first account and from what he has told me about his play time and kills, he has more play time than pretty much anyone else in the clan.
how about sprent
Old 09-03-2011, 08:36 PM

I think orange wants to be a leader
Old 09-03-2011, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorPayne257 View Post
Orange has just set up another TBD clan. Might be a conflict of interest IMO.
Old 09-03-2011, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorPayne257 View Post
my friend wants me to but they chosse him so i said let him
Old 09-03-2011, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribilla View Post
Orange has just set up another TBD clan. Might be a conflict of interest IMO.
i made it before they were getting leaders well the group
Old 09-04-2011, 05:52 PM

Sprently has accepted