Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Suggestions
FAQ Community Calendar

Suggestions Post ideas and suggestions here.

Old 06-09-2008, 03:34 AM

Default Powerup stacking

Mainly so Lams won't forget;

When you have a wall but fly through another wall power up, let it stack so that when you do drop a wall it will be slightly bigger. Nothing too extreme that would get really stupid, but something like if a wall is 8 units long have each additional wall add one unit. Just made up numbers but nothing so easy that anyone can get a screen wide wall but not so small that Blank couldn't abuse it at a whim.

dunno how to do it for missiles, maybe make it stack how many missiles is launched so one person can create his own cluster ****? Of course you'd have to reduce the base damage and tracking probably but eh.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:38 AM

This reminds me of the powerups in Diddy Kong Racing for the N64. I actually think it would be cool to have three tiers of powerups.

For picking up one missile powerup, you would get basically an Explodet missile that can be exploded by hitting S again or if it hits a wall. For picking up two missiles in a row, you get the regular homing missile. For picking up three missiles in a row, you get 10 missiles that shoot out in all directions; they would be non-homing but they could have proximity sensors so they blow up when they get close enough to someone.

For walls, keep one wall as it is now, two walls should be a slightly bigger wall with slightly more elasticity, and three wall pickups would be a normal sized explosive wall or something.

We could also add in the other powerups like magnets, shields, and ammo, which would just get stronger/bigger each time.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:42 PM
Super Moderator

Yes. This is a wonderful proposal.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yes.jpg (53.8 KB, 34 views)
Old 06-09-2008, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowsickle View Post
Yes. This is a wonderful proposal.
I APPROVE.

But seriously, I think we'd be better off with no stacking powerups and just... more powerups Plus, it already kind of sucks how people whore health/powerups (I would never do such a thing sir!), this would really only encourage that.

Then again, we could always allow powerups to "level up". Like if you have X powerup in your possession and kill an enemy (obviously without using said powerup), the powerup goes up a level. Kind of encourages not whoring/spamming powerups ASAP but you also risk dying before you can use them. Meh?

On another note: unless you do my achievement idea (^_^), planes at full health shouldn't be able to pick up health.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:53 PM
Super Moderator

Agree that powerup stacking wouldn't be good. Partially for the reasons Blank mentioned, and also because it's just kind of a weird, confusing system that I don't think adds much.

One note also about not being able to pick up health when you're full: the one downside of this is that you can't pick up a stray health on the enemy side to prevent the bad guys from getting it. Not a common situation, but blah.

anyway, to be honest I still want back the old way (no health on death and use runways to heal), at least for team games. I think this new thing works great for FFA, but I still prefer the old school setup. and I feel even more strongly about having powerups be pickups instead of dropped on death... this is one of those things that I think really can make maps a lot more interesting. in particular, they let the map designers make fun little areas that normally wouldn't be worth going into, but that you'll risk for the powerup (thinking of something like the lower right deathtrap tunnel on Cave).