Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > General Altitude Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar

General Altitude Discussion Discuss anything Altitude related that doesn't belong in another forum.

Old 07-31-2011, 04:35 AM

Default Are there any more rotation servers?

I love altitude, and I recently decided to come back to it for a while. But I've hit a rather annoying obstacle whenever I try to find a game to join. Most servers now are only hosting one game mode, usually Ball.

I love being able to play all of the different game modes that Altitude offers, so I'm often limited to only Official #2 and Official #3. TDM is very fun as it allows a Deathmatch type environment and an objective to achieve. Ball, provides quick skirmishes that keep the action going. FFA breaks up the monotony of teams and allows a more free environment to roam around in. And even the other modes are also worth playing such as 1DM and Team Deathmatch.

Unfortunately, the only way I know to "check" a server is by using the commands to see which maps are available. This is quite tedious and often drains the will to play afterwards. Are there any other servers similar to these (What happened to Official #1?).
Old 07-31-2011, 04:51 AM
Super Moderator

New England Adventure's one that has maps of all game types on rotation.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:44 AM

That seems like a good server to have fun in. I like that it has a ten player cap, fourteen seems too crowded and anything beyond that often degenerates into a big fuzzball skirmish.

It's too bad I haven't seen anyone online on the server, though. It's always empty when I go in. I do wish it had some bots, I often just wait until someone else joins, but it gets really boring to just fly alone without something to do or shoot.

Definitely looking forward to a few matches on it, though!
Old 08-01-2011, 06:04 AM
Super Moderator

In my experience if you find a friend to play with you servers tend to fill up pretty quickly.
Old 09-11-2011, 03:14 PM

oh-clan servers.

1 is football.

The other is about 7-8 maps that are pretty cool to play. It are Ball matches with 14 players max.

Another one has the same maps as the 2nd mentioned here and has max of 6 players if you really want to do teamplay.

More if some people are interested in it?

I'm hosting these on a home hosted i5 2500k that has plenty of CPU power and ram. On 100/100 mbit fiber.