Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Tech Support
FAQ Community Calendar

Tech Support Trouble running the game? Found a bug? Post here.

Old 07-31-2011, 03:07 PM

Default Altitude will not consistently launch. HELP PLEASE!

Hello, I have the demo of altitude and I'm having trouble with it. Sometimes (on a minority of occasions) the game launches fine. Most of the time however it seems to launch but then stops responding even before the splash screen. When it does this it actually launches 3 tasks, 2 of which do not respond and 1 of which is not in the taskbar. All 3 of these tasks come from the same process so I have no way of shutting down the ones which don't respond. I have a feeling the one running is the one I cannot see except in the task manager. I am having the same problem with the steam demo and the straight download demo.

Sorry if this is rambly.

Thanks

Also, I run WinXP
Old 07-31-2011, 08:54 PM
Administrator

Have you tried killing other applications (especially security or media software) that is running before attempting to launch Altitude? Does this problem occur even after you've recently rebooted your computer?
Old 07-31-2011, 09:14 PM

It happens whether I restart my computer or steam (I've done thius several times with mostly indifferent results). The strange thing is it seems to be completely random whether it does or doesn't work, so pinning down what the hell's going on is nearly impossible unless I quit and run it 10 times after every change!

Will see if I can stop AVG (it's my parents' computer, my dad'll flip if I do nit without asking! :P)

Thanks for the reply
Old 08-01-2011, 06:54 PM

Disabled the AVG firewall, game launched consistently, turned firewall on, the same seems to be true, thanks for the reply once again. NO idea why that wqorked but who cares eh?