Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Suggestions
FAQ Community Calendar

Suggestions Post ideas and suggestions here.

View Poll Results: Would you want to see Clan Organisation tools in Altitude?
Yes 69 82.14%
No 15 17.86%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-31-2011, 09:29 PM

Default Demand: Clan Organisation tools

Hello,

PewPew is growing like lettuce... and people seem to look up to the clan.

Thats cool but it also comes with a problem. People go and add the |PewPew| tag themselves, without my permission! AND THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO ABOUT IT.

Altitude should really come up with a clan organisation tool.
So that only the leaders and specific members or ranks can hand out the tags.
Also the tag should show under your name. So you whould have Shabeng with under it |PewPew| and then come my health and energy.

I hope you can fix this for these children and noobs who seek attention by adding the tag ... its so frustrating!
Old 07-31-2011, 09:45 PM

By complaining about this, you've garenteed that many many people will add the tag, just for the lulz.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:51 PM

Well, this were suggested many times, with many variants. But obv we need this thing.
Also, curious why TD say No
Old 07-31-2011, 09:58 PM

Obviously. But it was nesesarry inorder to get this out there. This needs to be controlled somehow.
Also I think this kind of tweak will allow Altitude to grow on.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedduck View Post
hmm i was bored and didn't want to read the whole thread.

Oh come on. Then why vote no? Turn don't Borger voting at all man.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:50 PM

I think this is an indicator that your clan is becoming more and more like SWN. The truth of the matter is that clans like SWN and Pewpew are so cool that people just can't resist putting on the tag. You'll probably have to get used to it d:
Old 07-31-2011, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fartface View Post
I think this is an indicator that your clan is becoming more and more like SWN. The truth of the matter is that clans like SWN and Pewpew are so cool that people just can't resist putting on the tag. You'll probably have to get used to it d:
Ok. Thats completely besides the point for you are addressing my personal issue where as I'm helping the Altitude community here.

Clan leaders should be able to send out a message in game to all their members, online and offline, through a clan chat kind of box.

Clan leaders should be able to rank clan members and maybe these ranks should involve certain permissions which could be connected to a server. So if some one would gain the rank of co-leader, he would automatically be made admin on all the clan servers.

I should be, as stated in the originalpost, able to hand out guild invitations and manage them. I am not the only out there with this specific issue.

Altitude is lacking clan organization tools and that's for fact.
Old 07-31-2011, 11:48 PM

This is a very old request and to my knowledge there as never been any response about it from the devs.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:32 AM

I asked Lam about this.. he said that he and karl don't plan on adding an in-game clan system in the near future.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt.Vesuvius View Post
I asked Lam about this.. he said that he and karl don't plan on adding an in-game clan system in the near future.
Ehm, I can't judge how honest this post is, but it would be weird if true.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:20 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Greekjr14 Send a message via Skype™ to Greekjr14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blashyrkh2124 View Post
Ehm, I can't judge how honest this post is, but it would be weird if true.
Why weird? So many people want more in game clan features to send offline messages and what not, but I don't see the point when we already have a forum. Use a PM, and make them check the forums more often. How hard is that?
Old 08-01-2011, 06:19 AM

Clan organization also, I believe, strengthens a clan's foundation.

Many groups of players can often just disband and reform pulling players from other clans with relative ease and.. there's really no morale or glue that holds these teams together other than their name looks similar. And what may or may not occur within mumble/their clan thread
Old 08-01-2011, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phong View Post
This is a very old request and to my knowledge there as never been any response about it from the devs.
There has been I've barked up this tree got the classic "more important stuff to do first".
Old 08-01-2011, 01:33 PM

I wholeheartedly agree that clan org tools would really benefit altitude in the long run, not just for the fancy tags but for organising scrims, matches etc.

However i think a more pressing matter would be the fact that the newer players are reaching level 60, making freinds along the way and not finding somewhere suitable to play after. I mean all the maps they will have played wont be on officials so its a bit of a jump up.

I played with some of the new guys earlier and the maps Karl modded are cool but very open, the switch from those maps to officials is staggering really.

Need more good maps, i dont personally have the time atm but im sure hoping someone does, or perhaps karlam could use some of the new steam revenue to pay someone like pig or maimer to make us a couple of crackers!
Old 08-01-2011, 01:35 PM

Send a message via MSN to VeRiTaS Send a message via Skype™ to VeRiTaS

Or implement a clan system with abit of that revenue
Old 08-01-2011, 05:06 PM

Yeah this problem has been mentioned like a year ago.

It would be handy fro a moderator to send invites for clan tags. Or other way around for users to request a clan tag so it can be approved by the clan leaders.

just like submitting the exact spelling would be handy. ofc there will be copycats that will spell things slightly different, but they'll just make fools out of themselves.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:58 PM

Wasn't it suggested that the tag added in color and "apart" from the player nickname. That way the could not add it just to the nicks.
Old 08-02-2011, 01:40 AM

Devs if you do this we wont ask for anything else ever promise.
Old 08-02-2011, 01:53 AM

Location: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l76jo1xRKb1qbe82eo1_500.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit View Post
Devs if you do this we wont ask for anything else ever promise.
This is not true
Old 08-02-2011, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leggomyeggo View Post
This is not true
shhhh dont tell them that
Old 08-02-2011, 11:02 PM

What's more important than this? This will make the player base so much more stable.
We're all kinda happy with the way alti feels and plays. It's just the organizing part is hard. And you can say we have a forum but lots of guys don't come here.

Furthermore, forums are just longs lists of text which makes it really hard to keep the focus. Whereas if you would do this in game, Karl and Lam would have full control over the way it looks. They could even make a calendar where we could put scrims and you would see a list of clan members that said they where going to be there etc. There is just so much more power to it if it is in game.

Ofcourse I wanna see new maps. New planes. Better graphics. Better resolution. Better UI because that still looks like ****. Better chat and what not.

But this is, IMO, the most important update. And I think >50% will agree with me.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blashyrkh2124 View Post
Ofcourse I wanna see new maps. New planes. Better graphics. Better resolution. Better UI because that still looks like ****. Better chat and what not.
Altitude 2. Altitude 1 if you can call it that will probably stay like this forever. If it ever had plans to go further you would of seen them a long time ago.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Altitude 2. Altitude 1 if you can call it that will probably stay like this forever. If it ever had plans to go further you would of seen them a long time ago.
I disagree for new Maps have come. The UI has changed. It's just not good enough yet.
I don't ask the radically change the gameplay or anything. Just, everything can look smoother, some features could be added, some changed.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:41 AM

This is just one of the things of which I don't understand the devs haven't realized yet. Others include: clan match system, in-game clan ranking, ladder system, in-game ladder ranking. After all, the more serious part of the game revolves around 'teams' matching each other. This may encourage people to start playing Altitude for real. Oh well, how many clans and players does Alti have anyway, but you have to start somewhere. I'm not surprised many people don't stick to Alti for long as they think Alti is the Alti played in pubs where people just roam around. Competitive Altitude can be interesting for a long time. So IMO, partly owing to shortcomings such as the lack of a clan organization tool, devs have failed to make this a serious game rather than a game people think is played to waste some time.

Forget about the context, back on topic.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:33 PM

This is actually a great idea, It would sort out confusion and also make starting a clan a little easier.
If for example the Clan Tag was seperate to the nickname it would make the tags uniform and if the clan admin set out "Clan requests" to people just like the "Friend request" system
Old 08-30-2011, 07:51 PM

Not that I'm in a clan or anything, but I think this is a great idea. But for now, clan leaders could keep public lists of the players in their clan. We could ask the mods to make copycatting a temporary bannable offense to deter people from doing it. We could make some way for searching through all of the players and the clan leaders could search for their clan name, and send warnings to people who aren't on their lists but have their clan's name.

Of course, it'd be easier (for the clan leaders) if they were the only ones allowed to assign clan tags.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:06 AM
Super Moderator

Location: being a video game clan CEO is not that prestigious

I'll link to this here, since it's relevant. And I support having a formal clan system... seems like a good idea.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:03 PM

Send a message via AIM to Cuda Crunchers

Greekjr14

"Why weird? So many people want more in game clan features to send offline messages and what not, but I don't see the point when we already have a forum. Use a PM, and make them check the forums more often. How hard is that?"

Use the forums, not to many members use it. Secondly , many members have been banned from even signing in. So your point is pretty much ludicrous at this moment. If the developers really wanted this game to succeed, they would listen to the community, not some ape like politician controlling everything. All I have to say is that certain members of Altitude are turning this game into a joke. I could never recommend this game to my friends, there are just to many negatives at this point. The devs have no one else to blame but themselves for choosing people who don't have the best intentions for the community.
Old 09-16-2011, 03:19 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuda Crunchers View Post
Greekjr14

"Why weird? So many people want more in game clan features to send offline messages and what not, but I don't see the point when we already have a forum. Use a PM, and make them check the forums more often. How hard is that?"

Use the forums, not to many members use it. Secondly , many members have been banned from even signing in. So your point is pretty much ludicrous at this moment. If the developers really wanted this game to succeed, they would listen to the community, not some ape like politician controlling everything. All I have to say is that certain members of Altitude are turning this game into a joke. I could never recommend this game to my friends, there are just to many negatives at this point. The devs have no one else to blame but themselves for choosing people who don't have the best intentions for the community.
It is quite difficult to get banned from these forums (you need five infractions in less than four weeks and even then you'd only stay banned for a week). If people have been banned longer it's because they are legitimately hurting the experience of others.

Also, who is this ape-like politician you are referring to? The devs have routinely listened to the community. Many of the planes, ball mode, etc have come from community suggestions. Would a clan system be cool? Sure! But there are a lot of things to consider and it would take a lot of time to program. The devs have said they aren't undertaking any big projects at this time in relation to altitude.

I'm sorry you find too many negatives to this game to recommend to anyone. I, personally, find it one of the best games of all time. If you have any suggestions aside from the clan system on what could make this game better for you please consider posting them.

Incidentally what do you mean by the devs are picking people without the best intentions for the community? I'm pretty sure all the mods and people with some position of power truly care about this community and game. They want this to succeed.

Ps: senior member just means they have a lot of posts - not that they have any special powers.
Old 09-17-2011, 10:09 PM

the ape like politician he is referring to is obviously damdirtyape.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:07 PM

this is something that would be amazing. pls implicate. =]
Old 09-23-2011, 07:03 AM

Location: a little bit about CCN: he is 22 yrs old, blonde hair blue eyes, athletic build, great smile/persona

Would be great, long requested, but ultimately will not sell more copies, hence it'll never be a priority. That's about as far as this thread can go.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr. carbon View Post
the ape like politician he is referring to is obviously damdirtyape.
False, damdirtyape is not ape-like, he is ape.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:19 PM
Banned

heres the thing about this: it will alter the game completely. I'm not saying I don't approve of this because I voted no, but this will change the game. I just think altitude is fine the way it is.
Old 09-24-2011, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
Would be great, long requested, but ultimately will not sell more copies, hence it'll never be a priority. That's about as far as this thread can go.
However, it may retain more active players and build a larger more active community. This in hand would build game reputation and sell more.
Old 09-24-2011, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue View Post
heres the thing about this: it will alter the game completely. I'm not saying I don't approve of this because I voted no, but this will change the game. I just think altitude is fine the way it is.
How would it change the game? If anything it would be a positive change.
Old 10-09-2011, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adjahe View Post
False, damdirtyape is not ape-like, he is ape.
Adjahe speaks the truth. Besides, the ape hates politics.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:14 AM
Banned

We should create some sort of pot of money where everyone can donate.

But Karlam could only get the money if they implemented these clan organisation tools.

That would be a good incentive, make it happen guize I'll donate 5 whole bucks.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:33 AM

What are you gonna do with the money if they don't take the bribe?
Old 10-13-2011, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Y] View Post
What are you gonna do with the money if they don't take the bribe?
Hire a stalker to kidnap queen zoe and hold her for ransom. We don't want money; just some clan organization. Sorry zoe.. its the only way.