Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Tech Support
FAQ Community Calendar

Tech Support Trouble running the game? Found a bug? Post here.

Old 07-08-2009, 07:10 PM

Default Issue with add friends

I'd just like to post a little problem I've had with my add friends.

In the past, every time I played a game, the people I played with would enter my recent plays list and I could add them. Lately though, the list hasn't been updating, and only people I've played with 48 days ago are addable. Is this something that is wrong game end or on my end, and if it's on my end, what can I do?

Also, I've never been able to make the manual add friends work correctly. If I try to enter in a player's tag, it always tells me that I need to input an email address or something to that effect. If that's the case, it seems like it'd be a much easier system if you could just add gamertags, since that's all you ever see and all the add friends list shows you anyway. Again, my add friends might just be botched, but I wanted to make sure you guys knew about it.

Thanks.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:31 PM
Administrator

The recently played with list is currently broken -- it should be fixed in the next patch.

Nicknames are not currently unique; if we do move to unique nicknames (this may never happen because it makes it a bit harder for new users to create accounts) then we will allow you to add by nickname instead of email.
Old 07-08-2009, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamster View Post
Nicknames are not currently unique; if we do move to unique nicknames (this may never happen because it makes it a bit harder for new users to create accounts) then we will allow you to add by nickname instead of email.
Good to hear about the add friends thing, glad it will be back.

On the topic of unique nicknames though, I think this should be implemented. As you said yourself, it is only a little harder for new players to create accounts, and even then the only difficulty comes in the form of new players trying to have the same tag as veteran players, which should be avoided anyway. While it isn't a big issue, I have seen impersonation before. Though slight and brief, it seems like the problem could be snipped in the bud right now by making tags unique. While I understand that this discourages tag changing lest people seize your old one from you and stuff like that, it seems like it'd be good to implement before the game catches fire.

The big point though is that it's nearly impossible to add someone who you haven't played with recently because no one knows the email addresses of other people. The feature is all but entirely useless as it stands. I feel like the slight trade-off of ease of tag creation for the ability to use the friend feature effectively would be worth it.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:03 PM

I don't get any friend requests; can you please patch this?

Old 07-08-2009, 09:56 PM

i think the most recently played people end up in the bottom of the list. The list is not in chronological order.
Old 07-09-2009, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamster View Post
The recently played with list is currently broken -- it should be fixed in the next patch.

What do you think about making nicknames unique but not registrable? Would be pretty easy to implement with simple db checks. IE nobody can use/choose the nickname you are currently using, but if you change it, it then becomes available for someone else to use.