Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Clan Organization
FAQ Community Calendar

Clan Organization Clan recruiting and other things clans want publicized.

Old 08-03-2011, 09:24 PM
(5) THE MARVEL

Exclamation (5) clan organization-a must read for all (5) members

5 clan is for every player with a potential thats looking for a friendly team!
We will do some scrims in the near future and participle in proleague events,
Recruitment is currently Closed, but you can still contact bot1998 if you wish to join and fell free to post suggestions to this thread.
(5) Clan, Leading the way to innovation (© apple inc.)
(5) clan, We do what we must, because we can (© Valve)

Clan rules:

no swearing in the game
be friendly
respect the Executives
respect each other
add friend bot1998
No member can be in more then a clan besides (5)
For any name change, please notify bot1998

Clan Levels:
LEVEL A
LEVEL A+
Intermediate Member
LEVEL B
Advanced Member
LEVEL C
PRO Member, This is a Prestigious level, only given to the Best

Clan Teams:
Note: All member have to join at least one team, maximum team you can join is 3, to join any of those teams, please notify The Marvel.

(5) TBD Team:
(5)zack5171: A+
(5)HapkidoBB : B
(5) rto_c : A
(5) PortalFreak: A
(MAD)(5)HighJet: A+
(5) poptikel: A+
(5) Bot1998: A+
(5)GDestro{XxX}: B
[GER](5)Swords{BB}
[ORION] C4 Explo(5): B
(5)werty1553: A

(5) Ball Team:
(5) Destiny:A+
(MAD) Scyc (5): A+
(5).Infiltrator.rev:A+

(5) 1-Life Team
(5) Sprn [Orion].rev : A+, Team Captain
(5)HapkidoBB : B

(5) Co-Op team:
[GER](5)Swords{BB}: A+
(5) Reborn: A+

Clan Executives:

(5)Bot1998
Level C, CEO & leader
(5) Sprn
Co-leader
(5) G-Destro
Co-leader
(5) Nightfury [CT]
Level A+, chief trainer
-St-bobyjoe-(5)-
Level A+, captain, recruiting agent
BBHapkidoF117:
Level B, trainer
Henry Flower (5):
Level A+, server admin

Clan Members:

BBHapkidoF117: B
F-117CaptainJack(5): B
(5)Swords: B
(5) Sprn [Orion].rev : A+
(MAD)(5)HighJet: A+
(5) Destiny:A+
(5)Ki|ler.rev:A+
(5) Medo : A+
Bott (5): A+
(5) Hamper: A+
(5) Oyster: A+
(5) Reborn: A+
(5).Infiltrator.rev:A+
[TH]J-DOG jammer (5): A+
[PewPew]Exit(5): A+
(5) Sprently: A+
(5) MonkeyShuffle: A+
(5)mexicanPower :A+
///tVo$Bras$(5).cr: A+
(5)zack5171: A+
(5) firebird: A+
(MAD)steph>(5).rev: A+
(5) HOOG[/B]: A+
methodiusman(5) : A+
(5) Superspice11: A
(5) Bruce Wayne : A
(5) TheGear668
(5)Jetstream{XxX}: A
NOTE: For any Errors/oversights please notify bot1998

Inactive Members:
A player is classified Inactive after 20 days without connecting
[FONT="Times New Roman"][SIZE="3"][PewPew]Mattsu!i(5) A+
=AL=![ACE 1life (5) : A
(5) Turtles Forever : A
(5) THE ALTITUDE : A+
(5) rayzman18 : A

Training:
Training will be held every sunday from 4-7pm Est time
at our (5) public server, all members are invited to drop in.

News and Events:

-We now have a server: (5) Public
- We are now in friendship with the clan rev.
-We are now in Partnership with the clan =ASF=
-Welcome to our newest Member : werty1553

-How to join?
if your interested in joining, please contact (5) bot1998 .

-What is it about?
(5) clan is a clan for all the friendly, not swearing people in the game we recruit pros as well as rookie. We will soon have training hours, competitions, and clan wars!

-How do you Level up?
When you first Join (5), you are a Level A member. After a certain period of time you become a Level A+ member. For Level B and C, you will be tested when you and the Leaders feels you are ready for it

Level info (subject to change):
A+: you've got to be at least level 60 to become A+ and had 3 weeks experience in (5) clan.
B: level B is obtained after a 3 parts test and only level A+ members can test :
Part #1, kill the trainer 10 times Before he kills you 15 in your choice of plane to pass.
Part #2, kill the trainer 20 times in ? in 12 minutes to pass.
Part #3, kill the trainer once in 30 seconds in either miranda or loopy (this will test your pursuit abilities) to pass.
C: Level is is obtained after a 5 part test, and only level B members can test:
Part #1, this part will be held in a medium full ball server (football map with 5-10 players), goal 3 times with the help of the trainer to pass.
Part #2, this part will be held in a medium full tbd server (5-14 players), bomb base at least once to pass.
Part #3, this part will be held in a medium full 1-life server, survive while killing 2 players to pass.
Part #4, this part will be held in a Full ffa server (10-14 players), finish in the top 3 to pass.
Part #5, this part Co-op server, accomplish a map with the help of the trainer and other players to pass this test.[/LEFT]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ferrari_F430_front_20080605.jpg (76.6 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by (5) THE MARVEL; 10-11-2011 at 03:34 AM.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:27 PM

haha the number >>(?) should be same as how many members you have in ur clan imo.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:53 AM
(5) THE MARVEL

actually i have about 30 members, my dream number would be 55 555
Old 08-04-2011, 03:15 AM

do you count the word 'bugger' as swearing? cos i use that a lot
Old 08-04-2011, 04:55 AM

Default Glad we finally have our own forum:D

Title says it all
Old 08-04-2011, 11:26 PM

Yay, we have a thread! Im looking forward to many happy times!
Old 08-05-2011, 01:18 AM

Hope their will indeed be many happy times
Old 08-05-2011, 03:32 AM

Woops, looks like this didn't last nm
Old 08-08-2011, 08:41 PM
(5) THE MARVEL

disrespectful?
Old 08-12-2011, 11:53 PM

Why would someone want to impersonate us? Why not just join the group?
Old 08-13-2011, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribilla View Post
I think it had something to do with certain members/leaders being annoying to the rest of the altitude community.

Apparently they were "trollin' us for teh lolz". Disgusting.
this made me chuckle
Old 08-13-2011, 01:04 AM

hihi why did you pick the name 5
Old 08-13-2011, 04:40 AM

Fake (5) members:
-(5) fromo
-(5) DMCM
-(5) Premier

lold
Old 08-13-2011, 04:50 AM
(5) THE MARVEL

sorry toast for not putting you in the list but i was just delaying it after you passed the executive test, so you could be in the executive list
Old 08-13-2011, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leggomyeggo View Post
My one hope for this clan is to have the "Fake (5)" overtake the (5). Tag up, gentlemen.
I would hope that we would overtake them, seeing as many people put in a colossal amount of work for our clan, and the imitators simply put (5) in front of their name.
Old 08-13-2011, 05:43 PM
(5) THE MARVEL

Quote:
My one hope for this clan is to have the "Fake (5)" overtake the (5). Tag up, gentlemen.
What do you mean?
Old 08-13-2011, 05:53 PM
(5) THE MARVEL

Quote:
I think it had something to do with certain members/leaders being annoying to the rest of the altitude community.

Apparently they were "trollin' us for teh lolz". Disgusting.
At (5) one of our rules is to be nice and friendly with the other players, all members and leaders are carefully recruited to help the community by not swearing or insulting others
Old 08-13-2011, 05:56 PM
(5) THE MARVEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan20000 View Post
When I saw the fake 5, I smiled. Keep up the glorious work, comrads.
(5) took 3 months to build and organize itself. Fake 5's are a threat to the well-being of the clan and the work they do to destroy (5) should not be considered as "glorious"
Old 08-13-2011, 06:00 PM
(5) THE MARVEL

Quote:
When tagging the (5) without being a member, you bring confusion and disorder to the clan. (5) Is an easy to join clan, so why not just contact one of the executives on the list and tag up for real!
Old 08-14-2011, 12:14 AM
(5) THE MARVEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier Stalin View Post
Recruiting for the real (5) two more members needed.

lol Premier, your in the fake (5) list
Old 08-14-2011, 07:53 PM

you guys all realize caring so much about the fakes just feeds their want to troll
Old 08-14-2011, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by (5) THE MARVEL View Post
At (5) one of our rules is to be nice and friendly with the other players, all members and leaders are carefully recruited to help the community by not swearing or insulting others
I find this interesting, my contact with 'real' (5) members has been quite the opposite, for instance, both these things happened today.

One of your members (who is listed in the OP) was in a server, and every time he killed someone (most of them were brand new players) he would smacktalk about how good he was. The same player, came into an APL server, joined while we were in the lobby organsing the final of pwnd, and then refused to spec for ages. He then called use all 'arseholes'.

(5) members also make ladder a massive chore by partaking way before they have the basic skills needed. Also, you have a clan with the same organisational level as MAD, with a bunch of seemingly random low skill players who do not engage in scrims or leagues or anything relating to a proper clan. I have no problem with casual clans, but all you've done is cream off a particularly annoying subsection of alti (good enough to think they are pro in pubs, bad enough to ruin ladder) set up some servers, distribute some arbitary titles and then act as though this is some carefully constructed empire which may implode if, GOD FORBID, someone add the tag to their name. I fail to see what the "months" of work have created or why you act as though to are closely knit, organised group of people with clear objectives.

I love new clans, alti definitely needs them, but this is just the blind leading the blind.

You wonder why people want to troll you?
Old 08-15-2011, 03:44 AM
(5) THE MARVEL

Ribillia, first of all, i want to present my excuses for the member who insulted you and acted in such a way described at your second paragraph and i assure you that, if what you wrote was true, it will not happen again.

I also want to assure you that most members of (5) have a good basic skill, not to mention some "pros" who were recruited for the clan. The months of works i talked of above consisted mainly in recruiting and forming some player for the true spirit of (5):
politeness, sportmanship, and friendlyness.

To finish, i would have preferred you to first speak with me before sending your thread so i could have rectified some of your accusations.

Sincerely yours, The marvel
manager of (5)
Old 08-15-2011, 04:12 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Greekjr14 Send a message via Skype™ to Greekjr14

Quote:
I find this interesting, my contact with 'real' (5) members has been quite the opposite, for instance, both these things happened today.

One of your members (who is listed in the OP) was in a server, and every time he killed someone (most of them were brand new players) he would smacktalk about how good he was. The same player, came into an APL server, joined while we were in the lobby organsing the final of pwnd, and then refused to spec for ages. He then called use all 'arseholes'.

(5) members also make ladder a massive chore by partaking way before they have the basic skills needed. Also, you have a clan with the same organisational level as MAD, with a bunch of seemingly random low skill players who do not engage in scrims or leagues or anything relating to a proper clan. I have no problem with casual clans, but all you've done is cream off a particularly annoying subsection of alti (good enough to think they are pro in pubs, bad enough to ruin ladder) set up some servers, distribute some arbitary titles and then act as though this is some carefully constructed empire which may implode if, GOD FORBID, someone add the tag to their name. I fail to see what the "months" of work have created or why you act as though to are closely knit, organised group of people with clear objectives.

I love new clans, alti definitely needs them, but this is just the blind leading the blind.

You wonder why people want to troll you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by (5) bot1998 View Post
Then why would you fake being in our clan?
Answer in bold. Tbh a lot of Altitude veterans will just put on the tag of normally a new and unorganized clan who gets butthurt over "fake" members. I also agree with Rib. To me, a clan with tons of members and no organized scrims, participation in leagues, and then coming into ladder (where I have heard members of your team really ****ing it up) will make us rage because they lack the necessary skills to even play in ladder right now. Not trying to be a dick or anything, but this had to be said and I am glad Rib was the one to do it.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:44 PM

If you're asking why I and several others tagged up, it wasn't because we want to join. It was mainly to see how you reacted, it gets done to a lot of people and a lot of clans. The only ones it stays an issue with are you and pewpew, the ones who repeatedly cry about it.

The other reason is that I think clans like this have a negative effect on alti, they purport to be 'pro' and organised, but give an entirely wrong impression of the competitive scene (which I admit is full of trolls, after this I appear to be one of them). I remember when I first started playing and MAD was the main clan in the pubs. I almost quit, because a) they were bad and b) they would constantly brag if they killed you. If you do start doing regular scrims (I see the OP has been updated) and you keep your members away from ladder until they have a semblance of being ready, then good luck to you. Clans that act as a gateway to the more 'srs bsn' side of alti are brilliant, clans that give poor impression are not.

Last edited by Ribilla; 08-15-2011 at 05:57 PM.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toastmonster[RS] View Post
It's a game.
And Rib is saying that he wants people to have the right idea about the competitive side of this game, not just its casual. When people see rules like "Be pro" and things like that with a 50 size roster cap of people, they aren't seeing the real side of organized and serious teams who plan to compete in actual tournaments such as APL and SkyLeague. Ladder is also taken very seriously, especially with the 6 month resets now. When someone comes into ladder with no experience at all, has never read the rules and got in from a buddy giving him the pass and then leaves, it hurts peoples ratings just like any other game with a Ladder system and frankly its unfair to that team that they had an inexperienced person like this.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:03 PM

Quote:
The problem for altitude is not poorly skilled clans trying to have fun in competition, it's the arrogant children who think the whole purpose behind this game is to provide a platform for purely serious "pro" competition and anyone who isn't good enough shouldn't be playing it.

Everyone likes to complain about complainers. It's like the tolerant people who are intolerant of intolerance.
I am absolutely fine with people playing the game as a casual thing, football servers are great and if you've ever met me in-game I go out of my way to help new players feel welcome.

What I do have a problem with, and you seem to have a difficult time grasping this, is people putting others off joining the competitive scene, by acting as members before they are ready. That and them actively making ladder a difficult environment to play in. Ladder is designed to rank everyone well and this includes newer players, but there is a limit. I only ask people to learn the basic idea behind the push and defend mentality of TBD before they join.

If people want to play the game casually, once a month, then that's great, but equally, if people want to create leagues and a ladder with rankings, don't you think we ought to be able to do what we want too?
Old 08-15-2011, 06:05 PM

Quote:
that's true. i think people who want to have fun, should stay away from competitive play, as it usually ends up draining a lot of fun out of the game. just my experience from CAL and other types of competitive play. I've seen many clans implode because some members decided to play league stuff and others didn't care. it became such a miserable rift that members fought each other and ended up breaking apart.

Humility would be a great virtue to have in deciding whether or not you should play in competition
Competitive play is the most fun I have had in alti, period. 99% of the rage you see from 'pro' players is because someone new comes in and refuses to listen to advice from the entirety of the rest of the server.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:12 PM

Quote:
i understand that. but it's still the "pro" players choice to act so angry and hateful. Unless you create a situation in which you can keep out certain players, there will always be someone frustrating who tries to join and play. There's no reason to let stuff like that turn the game from enjoyment to no fun because we can't control our anger. I'd get angry too and probably rage, but I can't blame others for my reactions. That's all I'm trying to say.
No one is getting angry here, apart from marvel, someone tagged up and the reaction was so hilarious and immature that others decided to join in (however hypocritically immature that may seem), purely for funsies. Welcome to the internet.

Also, welcome to the forums, you've already engaged in a debate which you had no original part in, made a clan post and talked about symbolism with little to no explanation. You're going to fit in really well here.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:27 PM

Quote:
i understand that. but it's still the "pro" players choice to act so angry and hateful. Unless you create a situation in which you can keep out certain players, there will always be someone who is frustrating or actively disturbing who tries to join and play. There's no reason to let stuff like that turn the game from enjoyment to no fun because we can't control our anger. I'd get angry too and probably rage, but I can't blame others for my reactions. That's all I'm trying to say.
Well of course you will always have a "pro" player getting pissed. Its a competitive password protected server and that password is only to be used once you are able to at least grasp the basic understandings of things and also learn to take criticism. If I see a new player in ladder, I actually don't get pissed if they make a mistake the first time and try to let them know what they are doing wrong. But its hard to do that when you get people who don't want to listen, then end up leaving. Those are the immature ones. Many of us have put in at least 1k to way more hours playing altitude because its so fun to play competitively. Now competitive doesn't mean rage rage rage. We all still have tons of fun in our games even if we troll each other from here to there. Its all in friendly competition.

Quote:
The overlying problem is immaturity. It's evident in the forums and in games, in both pubs and ladder and what not.

That's why I created my own servers, to keep people out who seek to have fun by annoying others.

We ought to be able to control these types of infringements on the whole idea of it being a game, whether it be keeping people out of ladder/league or out of forums/threads and even pubs.

That's where creating your own servers and clan websites comes in handy, but I don't think it's very sane to react and act angrily when we can't control the other person or the environment.
Again, there will also be ragers (who you are apparently calling immature people) in any game you go into. Half the time they are not "elitist pricks" as I see most people call them, rather its the newer player that does not want to take advice from people who have had league experience and whatnot to improve their gameplay. We try to help out the newer players because they are the future of the competitive and even casual base of altitude. Also, clan websites tend to either get no people registered on them at all or they generally just die out within a month or two.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:25 PM
(5) THE MARVEL

To Ribillia and all

When i first created (5), a few months ago, i had (like most clans at their beginning) no real idea of what it would be for. Mainly at that period of time, (5) was for ppl who dint swear or insult others, who were showing some friendliness while playing, who did not spoil the game for others.

As (5) grew more and more, i wanted to bring so competitive playing to the clan, and without even going into any ladder clan or proleague, i started to look how good were all my members, i only got the answer recently. Having had a satisfactory result on the skills of the clan, i planned two upcoming clan wars with Orion and F-16, just to see if we were capable of actually winning. None of those clan wars will be held on Ladder server or Proleague.

As to the people who tagged up the (5) without being a member just to have fun, i was fully aware that they were not serious, but i also realized that, because they had the (5) tag, they could not respect the rules and therefore, create a bad reputation to (5), without even realizing it!

This is just the beginnings of (5) and i would appreciate people giving us time to organize ourselves. As to this storie of the (5) member interring a ladder server without the necessary skills, i was absolutely unaware of it, and i don't want the fact that he was a one of our members to make it so we are responsible for all of he's actions.

Again, sincerely yours, The marvel
Manager of (5)

Last edited by (5) THE MARVEL; 08-15-2011 at 07:35 PM.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:59 PM

So you are trolling our forum/clan and not caring when we complain so why should we care when you complain about our newer players playing ladder. You're just a hypocrite and listening to a hypocrites is just stupid.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit View Post
So you are trolling our forum/clan and not caring when we complain so why should we care when you complain about our newer players playing ladder. You're just a hypocrite and listening to a hypocrites is just stupid.
Do you even know the definition of trolling? Jeez we were having a discussion. Also, did you even read the ****ing posts? I'm guessing you either didn't or didn't even bother to see our point if you apparently think we were trolling your thread.

Last edited by Greekjr14; 08-15-2011 at 11:47 PM.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:59 PM

Props rib and greek for actually keeping on discussing on this I know what you must have felt.

@CEO Given this clan stands for what I think it stands for, as the CEO it would likely be best to keep your members from doing things that harm this image. Suggestions: perhaps remove those who don't understand this; perhaps don't maintain a corporation-like hierarchy if this doesn't reflect your image; perhaps remove one of the six rules from the rather neat and official clan page.

GL to (5) in the future!
Old 08-16-2011, 02:23 AM
(5) THE MARVEL

thank you knipchip for you encouragements, btw the "have fun" rule was a joke; it should not be taken seriously
Old 08-16-2011, 04:17 AM
(5) THE MARVEL

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!
Old 08-16-2011, 04:32 AM

Skimmed the thread and just wanted to point out the part about the forums being uptight and srs is entirely incorrect. Go read a few threads in the Water Cooler. This place is more relaxed than a bar after everyone's had 2 drinks.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan20000 View Post
Skimmed the thread and just wanted to point out the part about the forums being uptight and srs is entirely incorrect. Go read a few threads in the Water Cooler. This place is more relaxed than a bar after everyone's had 2 drinks.
Post reported.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:09 AM
(5) THE MARVEL

lol, thanks for the advice evan
Old 08-16-2011, 07:27 AM

Quote:
i agree. i always thought it was kinda pointless to have a rule that says you have to have fun.
You don't need to cast back a ball that isn't there Besides, I was pointing at 'one of the six rules', I did not provide any more clues
Quote:
shows a lack of wisdom.