Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Suggestions
FAQ Community Calendar

Suggestions Post ideas and suggestions here.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:40 PM

Default Power up suggestions

Power up suggestions:

Here are some ideas. When responding please reply with the letter of the suggestion and a description so I can properly respond. There is a lot of information here.

Power Ups

Some of these are kind of silly, but hopefully they can inspire other powerups.

A. Invulnerability
B. Unlimited energy at the cost of health per second
C. unlimited energy but if you use too much you get emp'd for like 5-10 seconds. So it would be a consequence.
D. Regeneration could be just like the repair but isn’t energy specific like it is now. It would just have a duration.
E. "push off" powerup. I've gotten stuck on the bottom of the map many times and a powerup that would shoot "wind" and push you off the bottom would be neat.
F. go through walls powerup.
G. invisibility
H. "hulk" powerup makes plane bigger with more life?
I. healing missile. Like a normal missile, but homes on your allies and heals them
J. triple power up. Give you a three pack of what ever the next powerup you get or the one you currently have. This would probably have to be rare and in a spot like the middle.
K. ball/bomb magnet. A deployable magnet that has a gravity effect to set them off course.
L. ball/bomb repeller. Repells balls and bombs that get near it.
M. flares - would shoot out a shot gun blast of "bullets" but would only damage bombs and missles.
N. decoy - spawns a bot that flies straight ahead
O. wing man - spawns a bot that only has one life. Ideally having it protect you....but could be a bit difficult to program
P. reincarnation powerup. Spawn at place of death after being killed. 1-2 sec invulnerability like normal when spawning
Old 08-15-2011, 10:34 PM

The couple that I like are just op and the others I would rather have one of the 3 we already have.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:48 PM

A) OP
B) Seems like a nerf if anything, unless you are randa, in which case, massive abuse
C) Kind of pointless to get it in the first place then
D) Kind of okay, but it makes repair a pointless perk to have
E) This is just a practise thing, you can always get off the bottom once you know how
F) Ridiculously OP
G) See above
H) Don't think it really fits in with the game, and you'd crash a lot.
I) nice idea, hard to use effectively
J) Very very over powered
K) Do you mean it drags them towards you, or where you deploy the PU? I like the idea of a magnet that pulls it slightly towards you
L) See above
M) You cannot damage bombs, for a good reason, games would go on too long. Having a PU that only counters another PU (missile) is pointless
N) Would instantly crash in most situations and easy to spot from the real one
O) wut u sed
P) I think this would often lead to you just dying again, straight away.

I don't mean to be rude, but are you a newer player? You have a lot of original ideas, which is great, but some of them are unbalanced and real game ruiners. If you have an idea, like invulnerability, think how it might be used, one person could clear the whole enemy team, or run past them all with the ball etc.

Keep the suggestions coming, but maybe get a little more experience first or think of all the situations they could be used in. PUs should also be of similar use to every plane.
Old 08-27-2011, 04:10 AM

When I first started, I thought it could use more powerups too.

Then I realized the ones they have are JUUUUUSSSSTTTT right.

And yes, invulnerability would be dumb, way overpowered.
Old 08-27-2011, 07:18 AM

A. Has gotten a lot of flack, but I see your point. However, why not have it for a lower duration? Even 1 second? Save a crash, protect from a missile etc. These power ups are designed in mho as another tool and skill.

B+C could have thier uses, but again, these are all rough ideas. I believe practically any power up can be used as long as it's tweaked.

D would stack with any perks you had. Including repair.

E I would love to know how you get off the ground with an exploadette that's stalled. It's very hard if not impossible. Especially without bouncy walls or armor perk.

H Very good point. This PU was kinda funny to start though.

I> I was thinking nearest allie in front.

K+L would be deployables. It would affect bombs only.

M I was thinking bombs too. Not just missiles.

I've played well over...200 hours? Been level 60 for about 3 months. So I'm no veteran, but I would consider myself well seasoned. And certainly enough so that I understand the impact of these powerups, but again, duration and affect are calibratable.