Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Dedicated Server
FAQ Community Calendar

Dedicated Server Discuss technical issues related to hosting your own servers.

Old 09-11-2011, 03:52 AM

Default Server Config Won't Save Servers?

I have a slightly older mac running 10.4 and I want to run a server on it. I try to make a server in server_config, but every time I close, then save and close the program, when I come back in it's gone. Not there. Just the default "Altitude Server" is there.

What's up with that?
Old 09-11-2011, 08:51 AM

Ugh, I know double post.

Well, I thought it might be that alti doesn't like 10.4, so I upgraded (I had an upgrade disk) to 10.5.

Created a new account (non admin). Installed alti in my user folder.

Keep in mind, I've already had a server up and running on my main computer (running 10.6.whatever), so all of the ports are forwarded correctly etc. (Yes I switched the forwarding it to the other computer)

I still can't save a server config, I have to edit the server on this computer, the transfer the "servers" folder over to the other one. I still don't konw why I can't edit the server.

When I try to start my (working on other computer) server config it gives me this error...

(I'm typing it since I can't copy and paste)

It gives me the "ServerLauncher server initialization failed, exiting." Error, but in the background it says

Javo.io.FileNotFoundException: maps/cache/server-unpacked-maps.xml (Permission Denied)

Yes, I have tried to run it as an admin, it still doesn't work, what's going on?
Old 09-11-2011, 09:18 AM
Administrator

Certainly sounds like a permissions issue. Are you sure you're trying to run the server launcher from the same user account that installed Altitude? Maybe try manually opening up permissions from the command, e.g. something like:
Launch Terminal
cd /Applications
chmod -R ugo+rwx Altitude
Old 09-11-2011, 03:40 PM

Thanks lamster.

That didn't do anything though.

When I look at the folder's info (right click, get info), the user account I'm trying to run it from has read and write permission to the entire altitude folder. Admittedly I don't know much about permissions, it's always been my weak suit when it comes to the unix side of os X.

I dunno...

Whatever, I'll just do a DMG image of my newer computer and restore it onto the older one. That'll work.

Maybe I'll just try to reinstall the os first (it doesn't have anything on the computer since it was only used as a DVR and to watch internet TV before.)