Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Map Making
FAQ Community Calendar

Map Making Discuss everything related to creating new levels here.

Old 09-17-2011, 01:43 AM
Banned

Default ball_text

BALL_TEXT

v.1.0

DOWNLOAD: Click me!

This map is very small, BE WARNED!

This map was made out of my head, took a few hours out of my day, and I hope you like it. I need some ideas for the background,
because I had no clue what to put, so I put a flat blue.

Please give lots of feedback, criticism, and suggestions. V2.0 will be much bigger, I will get to that.

I need suggestions for the background like I said, I have no clue what to put. Also, this is my first serious map, so I will change backgrounds, textures, and map shapes in the future.

SIZE: 2048 x 768

I played it, and it runs fine, no object errors, and no problems. I do want to make it bigger, but for right now it is small. PLEASE NO CRITICISM ON THE MAP SIZE,
I will change that, I swear. I'm thinking about adding a "crumple paper" texture to the solids, and you guys give me the rest.

Thanks for posting and viewing this thread
Old 09-18-2011, 11:49 AM

Well, I think your main priority is to enlarge the map a lot... :/ There is only ONE route to get to the enemy/other side of the map. As well as one main way to the goal....
Add more routes and power ups. The corner above the C where the ball can be placed, make sure the C is large enough so a ta can't just grab the ball, anchor back behind the letter and have an easy point...

Anything would work for the background I guess as long as it's easy for eyes to see. If you plan on using a crumble paper theme for the letters or whatever, please keep the letters perimeters straight how they are right now. It adds for smoother gameplay and better passing
Old 09-18-2011, 03:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX1 View Post
Well, I think your main priority is to enlarge the map a lot... :/ There is only ONE route to get to the enemy/other side of the map. As well as one main way to the goal....
Add more routes and power ups. The corner above the C where the ball can be placed, make sure the C is large enough so a ta can't just grab the ball, anchor back behind the letter and have an easy point...

Anything would work for the background I guess as long as it's easy for eyes to see. If you plan on using a crumble paper theme for the letters or whatever, please keep the letters perimeters straight how they are right now. It adds for smoother gameplay and better passing
Thanks for the advice. Obviously the map must be enlarged, which I'll be doing today. I'll place the ball where you said, maybe put more objects. I think If I en large the whole thing, add one or to more objects, she'll be good.