Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Suggestions
FAQ Community Calendar

Suggestions Post ideas and suggestions here.

Old 07-12-2009, 08:26 AM

Default 3-4 teams support in game and more..

I almost got bored of the game, but new game mode gave me some fun to play with a next mounth.
Next thing I dream of is the destructible objects in the game, more bots to set in skirmish, gif animation format support by game and editor, and of course, the multi-team support.
I think this would be a nice to-do for a next patch!

PS
If you read this thread and agree with me, make a comment, I wanna bring some attension to my words from admins and dev team.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:37 AM

I don't feel the need of a new game mode or more bot (never play skirmish).. but I agree with destructible object (and terrain) and animation support, that would be a great improvement and would open a lot of possibilities (both for players and map builders).
By the way.. I add my suggestion (i already wrote this in some older post): would be great to implement some sort of script to control object/planes/map properties (movable/timed "doors", areas with reversed gravity, etc etc). With that we could invent many game modes without changing anything else.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:53 AM

Areas with reversed gravity? I'm in!
If we could alter gravity strength and direction we could put 'wind tunnels' in maps. That would be pretty sweet.

If maps could set more parameters - individual plane strengths and attributes etc. - then that would be pretty cool too (within reason).
I'd like to see things like X Esplodet exclusive objective maps (such maps might let demo players try out other planes but only when everyone is forced into them). For big fun, these X Esplodets could have bigger missile explosions, but very bouncy hulls, making it like some crazy pinball game.
Then again, crazy maps would get stupid pretty quickly... hmm.
Old 07-12-2009, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rechtschaffen View Post
Then again, crazy maps would get stupid pretty quickly... hmm.
Even now, there are some serious map makers and others that just create crappy_map.altx.
My point is, if we can alter parameters, we can do everything. Then it's just a matter of keeping the good ideas and discard stupid ones. xD
Old 07-12-2009, 03:29 PM

A scriptable map editor would definitely be fun
Old 07-12-2009, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Even now, there are some serious map makers and others that just create crappy_map.altx.
My point is, if we can alter parameters, we can do everything. Then it's just a matter of keeping the good ideas and discard stupid ones. xD
My only concern, from playing entirely free online games, is that the stupid maps with only limited fun were to see the most players, making serious strategical/tactical players (i.e. nerds like me) forced to join in with the "LOL" and "PWNED" of your average moron with broadband.

As long as there are enough players to spread across the different types of map to make all happy, then I'm perfectly pleased. But if the 'core game' of altitude was diminished by more crazy map and server options, I would go back in time and shoot myself in the mouth for mooting such an idea.

And my gun fires bullets made of bee stings.