Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Map Making
FAQ Community Calendar

Map Making Discuss everything related to creating new levels here.

Old 10-04-2011, 03:11 PM

Default Duel: FFA vs. 1DM

Hey!

I'd like to discuss the format of duel maps and the community's opinion on each.
  • FFA style: This means there are multiple, neutral spawn points and if you kill the other person, you stay alive and keep your bars.
    Examples: duel_grotto, duel_heights

• 1DM style: This means when you kill the other person the game resets and spawns you again; it does this for a certain amount of rounds.
    Examples: obj_arena, obj_smallcave

So, I'd like to poll the community for your preference on duel maps. I personally tend to prefer the 1DM-style duel maps, although I'm open to all opinions and will most likely make duel maps accordingly.
Old 10-04-2011, 04:06 PM

I prefer 1dm-style maps. Reason? Mostly because I feel that having bars gives the surviving dueler an unfair advantage against the unlucky chap who happened to die. Bars really can make a huge difference when dueling, especially when combined with ace instincts.
Old 10-04-2011, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLight View Post
I prefer 1dm-style maps. Reason? Mostly because I feel that having bars gives the surviving dueler an unfair advantage against the unlucky chap who happened to die. Bars really can make a huge difference when dueling, especially when combined with ace instincts.
/agree

I would never use AI in a duel, but certain planes (notably trick/TA and HC) get a huge advantage from bars, because it can take a whole less shot to kill someone with bars.

i.e. shot warp is only an insta kill on a HA randa after (I think) two silvers, but after this point it's basically impossible to win a randa-randa battle.