Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Suggestions
FAQ Community Calendar

Suggestions Post ideas and suggestions here.

Old 07-16-2009, 06:17 AM
Administrator

Default Facebook app (No longer functional)

2011 Nov 3: Facebook has made some major API changes and the library we use to access Facebook is no longer supported. Because of this all functionality of the Altitude Facebook app is now gone.

Altitude Facebook app is now live: http://apps.facebook.com/altitudegame

Bugs
Feature requests
  1. If you have an Altitude friend and they are on Facebook but they are not your Facebook friend give a link to invite them to become your Facebook friend.
  2. Compare stats to any Altitude player.
  3. Add new (more) statistics
  4. Re-format plane-specific statistics into a spreadsheet format, with planes in the columns [preferably with name + plane image] and statistics in rows. General stats can be listed underneath.
  5. leader board

Last edited by Karl; 06-07-2012 at 05:42 PM.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:22 AM

Link doesn't work for me.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:24 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smushface View Post
Link doesn't work for me.
oops wow im retarded... misspelled altitude o_O.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:24 AM
Super Moderator

Is there any way to set up the app so that I can see people who play altitude but aren't my friends? It's probably a violation of facebook policy, but I only have like 4 people as friends on facebook that play altitude so it would be nice to be able to say "oh, there is (insert player tag) and be able to friend him and/or compare stats."
Old 07-16-2009, 06:40 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesnl View Post
Is there any way to set up the app so that I can see people who play altitude but aren't my friends? It's probably a violation of facebook policy, but I only have like 4 people as friends on facebook that play altitude so it would be nice to be able to say "oh, there is (insert player tag) and be able to friend him and/or compare stats."
The way it works right now if their profile is private or for what ever reason you cant "see" that user their name will show up as Facebook user (see fbml docs)...

I could save Facebook usernames in the Altitude database but like you mentioned this might be against Facebook app policy...

What exactly do you want to accomplish here? You want to see every single Altitude player that linked their facebook account so you can add them as a friend in Altitude/Facebook?
Old 07-16-2009, 06:58 AM
Super Moderator

I just want to be able to compare stats with someone else without having to have them as a friend. As it stands right now I have 4 people that are my friends that play altitude. If that's all I can compare stats with then it is really limiting. However, if there was a list of everyone who used the application, even if it was in the anonymous sense of just showing their altitude user name, then it could be fun to compare their stats.

Without the ability to find other altitude players we will have to resort to starting some thread that says "here is my facebook account add me as a friend" just so we can compare stats. It would be nice to circumvent that.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:59 AM

Bugs:

- Hitting the 'Skip' button on the 'Invite your friends to play Altitude' section simply refreshes that section [instead of making the section disappear as most users would expect.]
- Accepting new 'Play Altitude' suggestions from friends with the application already installed leads to an indefinite period of 'loading...'

Suggestions:

- Add new statistics [many have been suggested in old brain-storming threads.]
- Re-format plane-specific statistics into a spreadsheet format, with planes in the columns [preferably with name + plane image] and statistics in rows. General stats can be listed underneath.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:00 AM
Super Moderator

Also, maybe include some type of all time list? Or maybe weekly leaders for people who use the app? (as in most kills, best ratio, xp, whatever)
Old 07-20-2009, 03:13 AM

Hey, I finally made 1.0 with a plane. Nice app.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:22 AM

I accidentally linked an old account to the Facebook app...is there anyway for me to link my main account?
Old 07-21-2009, 12:50 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbyy View Post
I accidentally linked an old account to the Facebook app...is there anyway for me to link my main account?
coming soon.
Old 08-08-2009, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Hey, I finally made 1.0 with a plane. Nice app.
Me too!!!
Old 08-12-2009, 11:46 PM

Tie in the facebook app with the game by unlocking something like a perk and a challenge in game if they invite some friends!(no reason to exclude demo users from this word of mouth goodness either)
Old 08-13-2009, 08:03 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by argonide View Post
Tie in the facebook app with the game by unlocking something like a perk and a challenge in game if they invite some friends!(no reason to exclude demo users from this word of mouth goodness either)
facebook privacy or some such prevents us from being notified if you invited friends, wrote on your wall etc.
Old 08-14-2009, 12:29 AM

Quote:
facebook privacy or some such prevents us from being notified if you invited friends, wrote on your wall etc.
That's too bad. There used to be apps that wouldn't let you use them if you didn't invite x friends or whatever. I guess the more abusive apps made them get rid of it.
Old 10-17-2009, 07:32 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Vi*

So I had a dream last night that there was a thing called "My Plane" where you choose a plane and nurture it, complete with cute pictures. And you had to take care of your plane or else it would rust or get infested by the Zerg.

Obviously if this were a real facebook app, our cute little pet bombers wouldn't get infested by Zerg, but you must admit it has awesome potential.
Old 10-18-2009, 03:15 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to DryBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vi* View Post
So I had a dream last night that there was a thing called "My Plane" where you choose a plane and nurture it, complete with cute pictures. And you had to take care of your plane or else it would rust or get infested by the Zerg.

Obviously if this were a real facebook app, our cute little pet bombers wouldn't get infested by Zerg, but you must admit it has awesome potential.
ROFL
Interesting
Old 10-29-2009, 07:07 AM

Default I Just Had A REALLY Creepy Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl View Post
i have an idea: Get rid of it!
Old 10-29-2009, 04:09 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoxyCrimefighter View Post
i have an idea: Get rid of it!
some explanation would be appreciated.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:47 PM

Location: a little bit about CCN: he is 22 yrs old, blonde hair blue eyes, athletic build, great smile/persona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
some explanation would be appreciated.
Allow me:
http://altitudegame.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1471

I'd love to hear your feedback on this Karl

By the way, thanks for doing the Facebook Stats thing. I find it really cool.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:45 PM

i've recently been on a posting rage today but i would like to say why isn't the app online
its not working at all its just this white screen in the area where the app should be
Old 11-25-2009, 12:40 AM
Administrator

We're having some DNS issues -- everything should working again within 24 hours.
Old 12-12-2009, 08:52 AM

I would like to see taunt ability whereby in the compare stats you click an area say k/d for a plane and it sends a taunt message in face book to the other player

Great app btw!
Old 01-04-2010, 03:13 AM

I've noticed the application has style display issues in certain browsers. In IE8, FF3 and Google Chrome 3 the table cells and divs containing the main content extend further than the app is allowed. Please refer to the pictures below for clarification.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ie8_main.jpg (16.1 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg ff3_compare.jpg (17.3 KB, 45 views)
Old 01-06-2010, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
oops wow im retarded... misspelled altitude o_O.
lol it happens to the best of us eventually, but that is a rather funny one to me =)
Old 01-16-2010, 02:38 PM
Banned

Default For Karl

Hey Karl,

thank you for making this thread. but i have one question. my friend on altitude (matrinswiner) can seem to get the CP from facebook. Its athurized and everything, but it just doesnt work. any ideas? O____O
Old 02-12-2010, 10:30 AM

Any ideas why the app is down in facebook?
Old 02-13-2010, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrent View Post
i've recently been on a posting rage today but i would like to say why isn't the app online
its not working at all its just this white screen in the area where the app should be
Quote:
Originally Posted by vortek View Post
Any ideas why the app is down in facebook?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamster View Post
We're having some DNS issues -- everything should working again within 24 hours.
it happens
Old 02-16-2010, 10:01 AM

Am I the only one who can't link altitude to facebook? After I enter my login info at facebook, "Internal error occured. Please try refreshing." error pops up. Maybe someone has a solution to that
Old 02-23-2010, 03:29 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by emaszs View Post
Am I the only one who can't link altitude to facebook? After I enter my login info at facebook, "Internal error occured. Please try refreshing." error pops up. Maybe someone has a solution to that
it seems like facebook has been experiencing some problems for the past week... not sure what's going on. I've looked into it to see if there's anything I can do to work around it put's it's happening when I query for a users friends...

refreshing should eventually work.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:54 PM
Administrator

ok there was a bug deep in the facebook api i was using (ugh)... at least it's open source right?... if you had any friends with weird characters in their names such as Téster it was breaking.

this should be working now so give it a whirl.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:56 AM

Works perfectly now, thank you
Old 03-05-2010, 06:11 AM

Send a message via AIM to Pestilence

Sorry for posting off topic, guys, however it's the closest thing I could find.

I introduced the alpha version of Altitude, a long time ago, to the SomethingAwful to the joy of everyone around (except the non-goon player base, I suspect). Since then, Lamster has done a good job promoting the game there and I was thinking that it might be worth showing off altitude at a few other of the more "adult" gaming websites.

I don't have enough "credibility" to come off as anything but a shill at any of these places, so I leave it in the hands of those more responsible than me.

http://www.quartertothree.com

http://www.gamerswithjobs.com/

In terms of proper reviewer websites, have you considered sending an account to the people at eurogamer or crispygamer ? Both websites have rather large PC reviewing sections and have been known to be quite fair in terms of coverage to independent developers such as yourself. I know, for a fact, that Vic Davis, got oodles of attention when they reviewed some of his indie titles.

Things for you to think about, gentlemen.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:11 AM

Karlam - I have noticed that on ones Facebook profile, the app doesn't actually pdate to my current stats - it still shows my "last updated" stats from October last year.
However, in-app shows my current stats.

This is just a perk for people, but is this a bug, or just a once-off event?
Old 03-08-2010, 07:06 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by -MH-CaptainVogez View Post
Karlam - I have noticed that on ones Facebook profile, the app doesn't actually pdate to my current stats - it still shows my "last updated" stats from October last year.
However, in-app shows my current stats.

This is just a perk for people, but is this a bug, or just a once-off event?
facebook deprecated the boxes on profile pages so it will never be updated again. just remove the box from your profile.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:43 PM

So far I've only gotten 10cp from a friend of mine playing Altitude from my Facebook profile -- I thought 100cp was given just for setting up the Facebook app. Am I wrong?
Old 03-11-2010, 05:03 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gren00b View Post
So far I've only gotten 10cp from a friend of mine playing Altitude from my Facebook profile -- I thought 100cp was given just for setting up the Facebook app. Am I wrong?
You need to give the facebook app offline and publish permissions. When you visit the app there should be a big red box with an Allow button in it. Click Allow.
Old 03-14-2010, 05:43 PM

Ok, perhaps I'm just a retard, but what do you mean by giving offline and publishing permissions? I went to http://apps.facebook.com/altitudegame/?_fb_q=1, but don't see the red button?

I apologize if my stupidity is getting annoying, I just really want my skins.
Old 03-15-2010, 03:15 AM
Administrator

what does the app page look like?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled-1.jpg (71.8 KB, 283 views)
Old 03-15-2010, 03:52 AM

When I go to the app page that button isn't there. Should I remove the app and re-add it?