Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Suggestions
FAQ Community Calendar

Suggestions Post ideas and suggestions here.

Old 11-11-2011, 03:39 PM

Default Decrease Energy cost of Reverse Thrust

A couple of weeks ago I played reverse explodet in ladder for a lot of games. I didn't win many, despite not being too awful at crashing into things. The main problem I had was that there just wasn't enough energy available to fight off other planes or lay down mines. It wasn't that I was spinning around constantly reversing, it was just that the lack of an energy-increasing blue perk combined with a perk that takes away more energy really hurt.

This is only my experience with reverse thrust with explodet, so I can't comment on all planes, but I can't remember the last time I saw anyone in the top 200 of ladder use reverse thrust.
Old 11-11-2011, 04:27 PM

You still regain energy with reverse thrust (10%?), so you essentially have an afterburner which allows you to regain energy instead of using it.
Old 11-11-2011, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribilla View Post
You still regain energy with reverse thrust (10%?), so you essentially have an afterburner which allows you to regain energy instead of using it.
That's only with biplane.
Old 11-12-2011, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrathje View Post
That's only with biplane.
They all regenerate around 10% which is pretty much worthless anyhow. Just have to learn to pulse your reverse so you get some regen time. It would be nice to get some more energy regen though.
Old 11-12-2011, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribilla View Post
I think the main problem with reverse thrust is the lack of energy available. The energy currently regained by using reverse doesn't seem to make much of a difference Perhaps reverse thrust could buff its energy regeneration/maximum amount to make it more competitive.

Whatever it is, reverse doesn't seem competitive in its current state.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana View Post
Whatever it is, reverse doesn't seem competitive in its current state.
Tell that to the people who are good at playing rev. TA. Rev with whale is hard because of a few reasons. First, you're heavy, so it takes longer to get you to move anywhere. Second, your attacks take a lot of energy. Unlike TA where they can charge up an attack or pew pew.

In all honestly, I don't think rev. was made to be competitive. However, some people have gotten very good at it. I just don't think buffing rev. would be good for the other plane's balance. If you really want to play a rev. plane, choose a smaller one.