Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Suggestions
FAQ Community Calendar

Suggestions Post ideas and suggestions here.

Old 07-20-2009, 06:05 AM

Default Combat Log improvements

First off, thanks for a great game!

Here are my suggestions:

* A "Player damaged Base for X" when you hit the base. It would be nice just to let everyone know when someone hits a base, and how much it hit for.

* A "Player changed teams" message. Currently, i just try to quickly memorize the teams, and call someone out if they switch (ferret is really good at spotting people). This is hard though on servers with more than 5-7 per team. It would be convenient to let everyone know when someone switches.

* A way to scroll the combat log. (This might already be in game...). This would be especially important if my other two suggestions are added, in case you missed who hit the base or who switched teams.

* A way to move the combat and chat areas. I find the placement of the chat box very odd. The combat log makes sense, but the chat box feels like it was randomly thrown on the screen. Others have mentioned it sometimes gets in the way of game play, more-so if you are the team on the left half of the map.

And because i was bored, i made a horrible GIMPed image to show the first two suggestions "Some_Noob changed teams" and "Blue Hawk damaged Base for 1500"

Also on a completely unrelated note: is it possible to change my forum handle? I have tried looking but i can't find a way to do it....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg suggestions.jpg (101.9 KB, 39 views)
Old 07-20-2009, 06:44 AM

Quote:
* A "Player damaged Base for X" when you hit the base. It would be nice just to let everyone know when someone hits a base, and how much it hit for.
It's been mentioned before and I agree; server obviously keeps track of bombing statistics (demo expert at the end), shouldn't be hard to implement.

Quote:
* A "Player changed teams" message. Currently, i just try to quickly memorize the teams, and call someone out if they switch (ferret is really good at spotting people). This is hard though on servers with more than 5-7 per team. It would be convenient to let everyone know when someone switches.
No need, just let ferret do it.

Quote:
* A way to scroll the combat log. (This might already be in game...). This would be especially important if my other two suggestions are added, in case you missed who hit the base or who switched teams.
Agree. Often something happens in the combat log that I want to comment on (most usually "lolz ____ is noob"), but can't because I'm in the middle of some dogfighting. A few seconds later I can't remember who died.

Quote:
* A way to move the combat and chat areas. I find the placement of the chat box very odd. The combat log makes sense, but the chat box feels like it was randomly thrown on the screen. Others have mentioned it sometimes gets in the way of game play, more-so if you are the team on the left half of the map.
I dunno... it does get annoying sometimes but honestly, where else would you possibly put it that would make it less odd?

Quote:
And because i was bored, i made a horrible GIMPed image to show the first two suggestions "Some_Noob changed teams" and "Blue Hawk damaged Base for 1500"
I love sonic.

Quote:
Also on a completely unrelated note: is it possible to change my forum handle? I have tried looking but i can't find a way to do it....
Don't know, sorry.

Last edited by ryebone; 07-20-2009 at 07:49 AM. Reason: lolz ryebone is noob
Old 07-20-2009, 08:18 AM

Agree with most of this. It would be nice if we had the option to make less chat appear on the screen like maybe only 2 lines instead of the 4 we have now and/or make the text size smaller.

Btw afaik you'll have to register a new account if you want to change your name. Maybe an admin can manually change it for you but I'm not even sure if they have that option.

Last edited by NomNom; 07-20-2009 at 08:21 AM.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:02 AM

On the changing team rule..
I have noticed that certain players won’t swap, from a winning side, when the “T to ballance teams” message appears.
Can we make this automatic, maybe the last pilot that joined is involuntarily moved?
Old 07-20-2009, 04:20 PM

I agree with letting people know who bombed the base.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryebone View Post
No need, just let ferret do it.
Haha.

Another thought Mac Bandit had, would be do not allow someone to switch teams, if doing so would make it unfair (you can't switch from a team with 4 people to a team with 6 people). Or to just flag it. "Some_noob changed teams unfairly" or something.

Quote:
Agree. Often something happens in the combat log that I want to comment on (most usually "lolz ____ is noob"), but can't because I'm in the middle of some dogfighting. A few seconds later I can't remember who died.
Exactly. Or those crazy moments when someone kills like 5 people at once or something.

Quote:
I dunno... it does get annoying sometimes but honestly, where else would you possibly put it that would make it less odd?
Bottom right for me, but the option to move it is mostly what I want. (Freedom to the people! lol)