Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Suggestions
FAQ Community Calendar

Suggestions Post ideas and suggestions here.

Old 07-21-2009, 04:49 AM

Default scrolling in free camera

scrolling in free camera mode needs to wrap around the sides of the map if the map happens to wrap. sometimes i'm following a guy on the map (and i don't necessarily want to use chase camera) and he warps to the other side and it takes forever to get back to him.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:40 AM
Super Moderator

I agree, this has been somewhat annoying when I'm doing VODs. However, at the same time, it needs to work similar to how it does while actually playing (IE: use collision detection). Otherwise, I think the accidental scrolling past the edge of the map would get really annoying.

Edit: And actually, while we're at it, I wish that the chase mode was more predictable when you switch between players. I'm not sure how it picks now, but its unpredictable enough that I can't use it very easily for VODs of matches. Perhaps a feature to swap between bombs/players carrying bombs could be added? That would for sure make the chase mode more useful.

Last edited by tec27; 07-21-2009 at 08:43 AM.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator

I think the best way to do this would be to just have a flag that can be set for maps. ObsWraparound can be set to true or false and controls how this works. If you use collision detection, you're going to run into annoying problems with maps that have narrow pacman tunnels.
Old 07-21-2009, 04:40 PM
Super Moderator

Well, right, but my issue is that I don't want to be accidentally wrapping around the map without intending to. Take Middleground for instance. If we have wraparound always be true, there are going to be lots of times where I'm following a bomb carrier as he goes to bomb a base and overshoot the edge of the map a bit, resulting in me looking at the wrong base when the bomb is dropped. Perhaps some sort of "resistance" would do the trick? IE: You must push against the edge of the map for a second before it wraps around. That would still be much faster than having to scroll all the way over to the other side and it would solve the issue of accidental wrapping.
Old 07-21-2009, 04:44 PM

Or the wraparound display could be continuous. I mean that as the observed plane crosses the edge of the map, both sides of the map are equally visible.