Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Ladder Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar

Ladder Discussion Everything related to altitudeladder.com and the ladder servers goes here.

Old 12-03-2011, 11:23 AM

Default The top 10 - One for the Road ™

A brief look at the top 10 players with my thoughts, comments, and reactions to their shenanigans...

Without further ado...

(1) t3c.{PM}shmo55 [USA]

What I wrote many months ago:
Quote:
Originally Posted by elixir
The Shmoseph Watch™ is officially on as we enter the high heat of summer. With sweltering temperatures barking at our doors, this summer could go down as one of the most influential in history as Shmo seeks to become the first member of the 4000 point club, evoking memories of that magical summer in 1998 that saved baseball.
As winter barks at our doors, summer fun is but a fond memory. While summer may fade away, glory lasts forever, and Shmo has delivered in extraordinary fashion. Dominating ladder like few (read: Brillo) have before him, Shmo ends Season 3 with an absolutely remarkable 4188 points, joining an elite club whose last member was admitted more than seventy years ago.

With Shmo only now entering the prime of his career, all eyes are focused on what he can accomplish in the coming seasons. It's going to be a great ride.

(2) Pata {arr} [FRANCE]

France has been defeated. Everyone is relieved. If Shmo weren't so dedicated to beating a 2d plane shooter, he would probably usurp Christopher Evans' role as Captain America in the most eagerly anticipated film, The Avengers. Nonetheless, Pata had another fine showing this season, and his versatility makes him truly great-ish.

(3) Blind [USA]

In third place comes Blind. Mounting a remarkable last stand to unseat Shmo, he fell just short and slipped behind Pata. [Apparently] confusing people all season with his smurfing shenanigans, Blind commanded a fascinating array of planes, from time anchor to explodet, with deft familiarity. Expect to see him challenging for first place once again next season. Or perhaps he will go the way of Synnik...

(4) [BBQ]zz [USA]

What's to write about zz? He's a frighteningly good loopy who occasionally forgets that fact and plays trickster. Certainly not out of place in the top five. It awaits to be seen if he can regain his consistent killing ability that made him well-known in earlier seasons.

(5) {arr}Dim [FRANCE]

I have no idea who let this many French players into the top 10 but frankly there will need to be some quality control adjustments for season 4.

I haven't had great opportunity to observe the anti-EST players, but in my few encounters I have found Dim to be a talented, painfully stoic explodet. I think most would agree that telling a funny joke would increase his ranking by a solid hundred points.

(6) DJ* Toast<) [DENMARK]

Coming out of nowhere as far as I'm concerned, Toast has been a pretty solid miranda. I like his name. Not as cool as m00nlights, but still nifty.

(7) voi[|) [BBQ] [SWEDEN]

I don't think there is much to say about Void - he's staggeringly consistent, a gentleman, and a scholar.

I'll let a picture sum up my thoughts:

(8) {arr}G00SE [FRANCE]

In a controversial move, Goose has given up his US citizenship to become a Frenchmen. Early rumors link this change to a botched marriage proposal to Princess Squirtle.

Fortunately for Goose, some vestige of his noble American blood remains, and he has clung onto a spot in the top 10 despite his new handicap. A top 10 veteran, Goose enjoys pancakes, lobster a la carte, and small children.

(9) AH| DN [USA]

The first of two representatives of {ball}'s farm team, DN has shown remarkable progress over the course of the last few seasons. It all paid off as he is now being noticed by top big-league club officials, and it's expected that he will be called up for winter ball and perhaps even spring training. Good luck DN!

(10) AH| Ivypaw [USA]

Rounding out the top 10 for season 3 is another AH player, the wonderful and charming Ivypaw! Showing great tenacity and a unique grasp of in-game smiley lingo, Ivypaw has soared to the top of the ladder. Can she carry this momentum into season 4? Nobody knows...

Notes and other hubbub from the final top 10 of season 3:

- RYEBONE STILL AIN'T IN IT
- nobo joins Top Three Control!
- If you score five goals, you will probably lose the game.
- elixir throws every game!
- Reverse thrust is the best perk.

God bless, and see you all on the ocean floor in season 4.

Last edited by elxir; 12-03-2011 at 08:00 PM.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:40 PM

Funny how AH has more people here than ball does.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:23 PM

LOL'd at this... Fantasy Altitude Ladder!
Old 12-03-2011, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MintzMachete View Post
Funny how AH has more people here than ball does.
SL is where it's at brah.
Old 12-03-2011, 10:01 PM

This is quite different than the Season 3 Spreadsheet shows.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:15 PM

These were the final ranking when nobo reset the server, three...
Old 12-04-2011, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elxir View Post
These were the final ranking when nobo reset the server, three...
Then Aki needs to fix his spreadsheet. He has the top 10 as follows:

shmo
Pata
Blind
zz
elmofreak
DimToast
Void
Goose

I'm guessing he did the list a bit early though his post was made today.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threevenge View Post
Then Aki needs to fix his spreadsheet. He has the top 10 as follows:

shmo
Pata
Blind
zz
elmofreak
DimToast
Void
Goose

I'm guessing he did the list a bit early though his post was made today.
Lix's list is quite accurate.

-Ivypaw