Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Suggestions
FAQ Community Calendar

Suggestions Post ideas and suggestions here.

Old 02-16-2012, 03:09 AM

Default Trailer

Here in this thread are some suggestions I have for the current Altitude trailer. Developers, if you are reading this, please contemplate and consider these suggestions. This thread isn't fancy but I do believe these suggestions can really improve the Altitude trailer as we know it.

Text Sequences
This is the main one — I suggest you ditch the dark combat zone image and replace it with the new background image:

Like the current trailer, on each quote you can go to a different part of the image. Which brings me to the second point for the text sequences: font change. Obviously the distressed brown font will no longer go with the fresh new background image! I don't have the best taste in fonts, but I'd suggest something that would go with the logo, but is easily readable.

Gameplay
Within the time this trailer has been made, there have been many updates to Altitude. I think some fresh gameplay footage would improve the appeal. On a side note, the graphical improvements to maps like Asteroids, Cave, and Snow could be expressed in the trailer. I noticed one scene where the old Roids graphics were shown.

Opening - Ending
Opening: Currently the name of the game is at the beginning. I think that the developers (Nimbly Games) should be at the beginning. I've seen this done in many trailers and I think it is effective in building it up.

Ending: Currently the lonesome website title is at the end. I would suggest keeping the logo until now and displaying it in combination with the background art, as seen here:

...followed by the website address, in the improved font. Which closes out the video.

---

To paraphrase my ideas, I think that the Altitude trailer should take advantage of the new background art and the new logo — the style of these items in general — to improve the trailer. Also, graphical and other updates have notably changed Altitude. Expressing these in the trailer through new gameplay footage would be great.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:58 AM

yeah its time for a neww trailer big time! i dunno maybe in thier you could show a bit of a scrim? showing the two sides with the name tags when you press shift or summin? and ask dj toast,nikon (me ^^) to throw in some trick shots? anyway i like the font