Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > The Water Cooler
FAQ Community Calendar

The Water Cooler Discuss unrelated topics. Keep it clean. Keep it nice.

Old 02-25-2012, 08:31 PM

Default Realm of the Mad God guild

There's been quite a few people in Mumble playing Realm of the Mad God with me lately and I'm curious if there's more out there. I'm about halfway towards the cost of forming a guild so we could get one formed just for Altitude members. Would like to hear a few ideas on a guild name though.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:31 PM

LOL inb4 Akkar akkarkaarkkkar gutt
Old 02-25-2012, 10:15 PM

Sadly enough I've played this a little bit.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threevenge View Post
There's been quite a few people in Mumble playing Realm of the Mad God with me lately and I'm curious if there's more out there. I'm about halfway towards the cost of forming a guild so we could get one formed just for Altitude members. Would like to hear a few ideas on a guild name though.
only for altitude members => for friends of altitude members => for friends of friends of altitude members = playing minecraft with 5 other people on "altitude" server, where noone know each other

I would try that game, if only ssd didnt trained me hard how to play dota
Old 02-26-2012, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekn0 View Post
LOL inb4 Akkar akkarkaarkkkar gutt
Damn troll!

But yeah, I've played it quite a bit. Not sure if I'll play it much more though =
Old 02-27-2012, 10:34 AM

looks pretty fun, i might try it out and get started.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:03 PM

i've played a bit now, and it's really fun. I've been playing with an IRL friend, the only thing i really can't seem to figure out is the class system. basically, when you die, your character gets deleted. But does that also mean that if i have a lvl 20 wizard and i die, and i want to make a new class, The requirements are not met? because i'm not spending $ on this game for another character slot. =/
Old 02-28-2012, 01:27 AM

No the requirements to unlock the classes are not based on money purchases. Here is a link that talks about the requirements:

http://blog.games.com/2010/10/27/rea...mad-god-guide/

I should point out that you are only allowed one character slot unless you pay for others. This means that if you want to play another class that you have unlocked and do not want to spend money you have to either die or delete your current character. But since it takes a relatively small amount of time to get to lvl 20 it is not too bad.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:24 AM

yeah i've read that guide >.>
Old 03-02-2012, 04:03 AM

Okay, I finally managed to get enough fame to form a guild, which I have appropriately named LOLBULLETZ. I'll try to arrange a time so those who want to join can be online when I am.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:53 AM

Good find, I've been playing a little bit
Old 03-06-2012, 03:47 AM

I am confused as to how to join, whenever when we're on mum again together I guess we can figure it out. Also, I'm pretty pissed cause I hadn't died then the game completely froze, crashed, and when i booted back up apparently my wizard died :/
Old 03-06-2012, 04:19 AM

sage three has to be there to invite you.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:38 PM

Sup Stack =o, how u doin'

@Sage when you are online together with threevenge, or me i think since i am apparently a 'leader' as well now, either of us have to send you an invite. If you accept it, then you are part of the guild. Easy as that, just needs some coördination.

-Wolf
Old 03-06-2012, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Sage View Post
I am confused as to how to join, whenever when we're on mum again together I guess we can figure it out. Also, I'm pretty pissed cause I hadn't died then the game completely froze, crashed, and when i booted back up apparently my wizard died :/
wizard..pffft.i committed suicide on my wizard, archer and rogue. Trickster OP imo. If i will be patient enough to level up and kill 7 more chars.

Three, is it possible to do guild-only journey? Like try to kill water god or crystal. I dont remember their actual name
Old 03-06-2012, 05:55 PM

if we can find a server which has a god which has basically no one there, it could be an easy task. There's almost never a lot of people at gods like the Sphinx god.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf'j'max View Post
if we can find a server which has a god which has basically no one there, it could be an easy task. There's almost never a lot of people at gods like the Sphinx god.
I mean, its possible to solo gods, at least as said in guides, but usually i take part in 15man parties and still 1 or 2 20lvls get roflstomped. Im not trying to count under20 hoard. We have like 5-10 players. This will require ****ing hard work from clerics i guess. If we ever have one.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:30 PM

Well, you can solo them, if you have already used a ton of stat potions.

Some gods give rare drops such as Percent based Fame bonus add-ons and status potions. The status potions can be kept in your vault to use on a different character, or you can just use them on the character you are using at the moment. If you have gotten a lot of those, and used them. You should have a ton of good stats, and should have no real problem taking bosses down on your own. ofcourse there are still certain bosses which are basically impossible to solo, such as the sphinx etc. but it is possible.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:34 PM

IGN Rib, I'm going on now for a bit, add me.

Last edited by Ribilla; 03-06-2012 at 07:45 PM.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:48 PM

there is no such thing as a friend system in realm of the mad god. If you can luckily enough read my message right now, and get in the same server as me, EUWest, and stay on the square, i might be able to.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:10 PM

Quote:
there is no such thing as a friend system in realm of the mad god. If you can luckily enough read my message right now, and get in the same server as me, EUWest, and stay on the square, i might be able to.
Tried to find you, to no avail.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trendy11one View Post
I mean, its possible to solo gods, at least as said in guides, but usually i take part in 15man parties and still 1 or 2 20lvls get roflstomped. Im not trying to count under20 hoard. We have like 5-10 players. This will require ****ing hard work from clerics i guess. If we ever have one.
It depends on what your definition of a god is. The Grand Sphinx is an event boss, not considered a god. Gods are the creatures found usually in mountaintops, considered Godland (Medusa, Beholder, Ghost God, for examples). If you head towards the center of the map, you'll run into it eventually.

I've done some god hunting on my own and it's quite feasible but difficult. You have to know when to quit and nexus because often you pull 3-4 gods at once. Then it becomes a true "bullet hell". It also depends what gods you run into in Godland: Medusas, Beholders and Ghost Gods are fairly simple to handle...Leviathans are a real pain in the ass. The rewards of stat potions and higher tier weapons are nice though. I still have 3 or so stockpiled in some chests, waiting to grab a few more before I commit them to a character. Already lost like 3 stat potions within 3 minutes of using them on an archer who got surrounded by gods before I could nexus

Quote:
Three, is it possible to do guild-only journey? Like try to kill water god or crystal. I dont remember their actual name
There's no way to make a quest private. RotMG encourages treating all players on the server as allies. We could however try to lead a raid on an event boss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf'j'max
Today 01:34 PM
There is a lock system which will keep a person in your list of nearby players, which is close enough. It appears to work even after you've left the server and rejoined if the locked player is around.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:26 PM

yes i know, but if we're not on the same server, not in the same world. It won't actually work as effective as other in-game friend systems.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:33 PM

Quote:
yes i know, but if we're not on the same server, not in the same world. It won't actually work as effective as other in-game friend systems.
True, it is an outdated system, but all we have to use. Could do a Steam group I suppose.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Sup Stack =o, how u doin'

@Sage when you are online together with threevenge, or me i think since i am apparently a 'leader' as well now, either of us have to send you an invite. If you accept it, then you are part of the guild. Easy as that, just needs some coördination.

-Wolf
Hay thar ^___^

I'm really liking this game even though it causes my computer to shut down randomly, sometimes quite often. Any ideas? It has something to do with it using a crap load of resources for no apparent reason but I have not found a way to fix it. Might try the steam client
Old 03-07-2012, 03:04 PM

In the options you can select to bind a key to activate the game to show you FPS etc. Don't know the exact name.

It tells you the amount of memory you're using etc. Maybe you can find something about by watching these numbers. And maybe turning the graphics down might help. I'm not really good at this sort of stuff so i'm just throwing some ideas out there.