Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Suggestions
FAQ Community Calendar

Suggestions Post ideas and suggestions here.

Old 07-26-2009, 11:59 PM

Default Five Ideas

So I reached 60 about a week ago and I've been playing a few weeks, so I'm not an old timer, but I wanted to throw some ideas out in order of difficulty.

1. I love the 5v5 deathmatch servers. I'd suggest always evening out the teams with a bot if needed. Even though it's just a bullet shield it's annoying to be down a plane. Similiarly, even if it is only a 1v1 deathmatch, don't add bots if the teams are even. It just add randomness and I want to play against the human.

2. Rolling stats. I still want to see my lifetime stats, but I'd like to see how I've done in the last 200 lifetimes with any particular plane. While leveling I racked up a lot of deaths and I'd like to see if I'm improving.

3. Moveble obstacles in maps. Would be cool if small stalagmites would slowly grow and drop from the top of a cave or if in the asteroid map the asteroids would slowly bounce around. Later perhaps scripted events could be added ("If shot then drop")

4. I'd like to see how the game would feel if both HP and energy were doubled. (Maybe on an experimental server before changes are rolled out?) This way you could still have a decisive encounter (I'm assuming a full energy dump kills an opponent) but the encounter takes more than a moment which should require a bit more piloting, aim and longer chases. This probably starts a mountain of balance issues.
I am suggesting this because I find there are only a couple of planes and loadouts that have any survivability. Biplane/Heavy Cannon and Bomber/Flak Gun are mine.

5. Plane loadout. This is probably too big a change. I think the current "Pick one of each color" system is OK, but I'd trade my blue perk for another green perk. So what if each perk had an associated weight? The more you pick it makes you less maneuverable and lowers your climb rate. It would still have to be a fairly simple system to prevent this from being a min/max stats game.

Hope these spark some ideas,
Xycor

Last edited by jamesan; 07-27-2009 at 03:14 PM.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:53 PM

I'm all for doubling HP and damage.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesan View Post
1. I love the 5v5 deathmatch servers. I'd suggest always evening out the teams with a bot if needed. Even though it's just a bullet shield it's annoying to be down a plane. Similiarly, even if it is only a 1v1 deathmatch, don't add bots if the teams are even. It just add randomness and I want to play against the human.
Seconded.

And one of my own: It should be possible to specify 'number of players', and 'total connections' for servers. That way you could have designated observer slots and wouldn't have to kick someone in a full server for wanting to watch the game.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:30 PM

yea protest thats been brought up many times and its probably one of the things we really need asap for the league.

as far as i know its already in the works
Old 07-27-2009, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesan View Post
3. Moveble obstacles in maps. Would be cool if small stalagmites would slowly grow and drop from the top of a cave or if in the asteroid map the asteroids would slowly bounce around. Later perhaps scripted events could be added ("if shot then drop")
very good idea
Old 07-27-2009, 04:54 PM

One of my suggestions was to allow health to be configured at the server or map level. For example myself personally would like to see more health but damage unchanged so that games don't end in 30 seconds and there is less 1/2 shotting.

As for using bots to even out teams, to my knowledge there isn't an ideal way to do this unless I set the spectate point to 10, which means there will always be bots playing unless the arena is full.

I'd prefer to just have the bots not in at all, as some like the challenge of 2v3 etc.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phong View Post
For example myself personally would like to see more health but damage unchanged so that games don't end in 30 seconds and there is less 1/2 shotting.
I agree. Less players and longer dogfighting.
Good idea to make it server-side.. as i said in another topic, imho the more is customizable the better.