Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Ladder Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar

Ladder Discussion Everything related to altitudeladder.com and the ladder servers goes here.

Old 04-09-2012, 08:17 AM

Default Season 4 Awards

In Ladder, a top Ally is a player who gained the most rating (both gained and lost summed) with another person. This data during Season Three was summarized on each player's page as "Best Ally." During Season Four, a new player list option was added to the Best Ally line that shows each player with a positive score as an Ally.

The Ally Award is for the person who appears at the top of other player's ally list the most times. In TBD, this award goes to ingbo for being the best ally of 12 players, betting his competition by 3. In Ball, this award goes to {ballzZ} who was a favorable ally to 15 players.

The top Enemy is the opposite of the top Ally. This player gained the most points as an enemy of another player, using others as a stepping stone on their way to the top. This feature can be seen in the same place as the Ally listing.

Similar to the Ally Award, the Enemy Award is awarded to the player who appears at the top of other player's enemy list the most times. In TBD, the Enemy Award goes to the the same player who won TBD Ladder, Number 3. He crushed 12 players, 5 more then any other player. In Ball, this award goes to the same player who got the Ball Ally Award {ballzZ}, who had 21 rungs for his figurative ladder to the top. This number outmatch the silver place of this award by 8 players!

Those who get into the zone for an amazing number of game wins in a row are awarded the Lucky Bastard Award. For TBD, the Lucky Bastard Award goes to Dragon, for winning 13 games in a row, 2 more games then 5 other players who tied for second. In Ball, Trendy takes the cake with 18 game wins in a row.

The Pitfall Award is the counter part of Lucky Bastard. These players probably should have rage quit about 7 games earlier, but probably said "Not leaving until I get a win." In Ball, the unlucky solders who gain a Pitfall Award is a three way tie, going to Elixir, YKing, and Clam who all failed to win 14 times in a row. (See how I didn't say lose in all of that... wait I just did, blast it.) In TBD, Clam also gets another Award being the player most capable of increasing this stat of losership. Two other players came just short of tieing with Clam.

I've been asked to find out who had the most loses during a 6-0 / 6-1 game. I'm still trying to figure out a sql answer for this.

To see how you and your friends faired during Season 4, check out the spreadsheet. Also, take a trip down memory lane and see how the awards from Season 3 were.

Last edited by Aki1024; 04-09-2012 at 08:21 AM.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:45 AM
Super Moderator

did trendy actually win 18 in a row? I thought that was the euro ladder glitch :X
Old 04-09-2012, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesol View Post
did trendy actually win 18 in a row? I thought that was the euro ladder glitch :X
Blast it... that glitch is everywhere. I'm just going to pretend he actually did win that many games and the database is 100% truth. Knowing who actually won that award would be a nightmare to try and guess at, and even then it would be a guess.

This might also be a problem with the pitfall side too. No idea.

Last edited by Aki1024; 04-09-2012 at 09:04 AM.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:28 AM

One of the things I'd like to do for trends is compare the number of 6-0, 6-1, etc. games to each other or even by map. I think it be interesting to see what score occurs most and what map is the most evenly matched/most lop-sided. Any way you could do that Aki? Or any way you can send me the relevant data so I can pour through it? Thanks!
Old 04-09-2012, 10:58 AM

Well my 14 win streak was legit, although I'm not sure there is any way of confirming that now as I don't know what data was saved. Doesn't really matter anyway.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:49 PM

Thanks for the stat-gasm aki.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:21 PM

Quote:
i think the ladder glitch is only in the rankings not anything else
Old 04-09-2012, 03:42 PM

For ball I think best ally/worst enemy was kinda silly this year, clearly if you play 700 more games than everyone else you're more likely to help/hinder more people. Regardless, good job Aki as always.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingbo View Post
i think the ladder glitch is only in the rankings not anything else
Naw people would have games counted twice. Four wins in a row was really eight for some.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:45 PM

l LOVE YOU CLAM
Old 04-09-2012, 05:51 PM

Quote:
naw people would have games counted twice. Four wins in a row was really eight for some.
gimme gimme