Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > General Altitude Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar

General Altitude Discussion Discuss anything Altitude related that doesn't belong in another forum.

Old 08-01-2009, 06:29 PM

Default Kuja's Predictions

Well prediction threads are all the rage lately so I thought Id make my own.

SUNDAY 8/2

Server - Summer League #1
********HOME***AWAY**********
2:00 PM [fLb] -vs.- ACE
-fLb has superior plane versatility and more top notch members to draw from. ACE has several members capable playing on fLbs level there is no denying that, however they simply dont have enough. With the lack of jeppew and a variety of planes unable to fully compliment each map I predict a convincing fLb victory. 2-0 fLb

3:00 PM ACE -vs.- [IT]
-I love IT, their name is based off my favorite band and subsequently the greatest band of all time Iron Maiden! However they have some demo users and just arent at the same level as ACE, even though they have been quite the dark horse and took several unexpected victories. 2-0 ACE

4:00 PM [IT] -vs.- PX|
-Here is a game IT can and will take. I played with PX so theyd have enough to scrim BM a few days ago and from what I saw this is IT's game. I observed PX in a 3v3 camp the bomb with 2 loopys on asteroids and make no effort whatsoever to obtain map control. With team play and decision making of that caliber it would take a fool not to bet on IT here. 2-0 IT

5:00 PM PX| -vs.- [ZS]
-ZS has the potential to be a serious threat this tourney if they can get their act together. Due to real life commitments/trips they have had trouble getting their top 5 to show and have had to use their bench warmers quite frequently. Even if only a 65% strong ZS shows Id still predict them to win, no offense to PX. 2-0 ZS

6:00 PM [ZS] -vs.- [J.C.]
-J.C. after putting up a surprising some may say fluke performance against ACE last week has dwindled. They have lost several key members over the course of the week. It has been rumored that some disagree with the teams management. With these internal strifes it is hard not to predict the seasoned ZS team to win. 2-0 ZS

7:00 PM [J.C.] -vs.- [$]
-Here is a game that is actually surprisingly difficult to call. $ has an ace in the hole in terms of TomBrowkah but pardon that ace they have a team filled with demo users. J.C as previously mentioned will not be the J.C. we saw last week which I would pick to win today. On the strength of Browkah however I predict a tough but well earned victory. 2-1 $

Server - Summer League #2
********HOME***AWAY**********
1:00 PM [$] -vs.- [fLbSS]
-The SS in previous weeks has had trouble getting all of their members to show. With a new ringer being brought in (wuwu) and careful micromanagement I am supremely confident 5 SS will show this sunday. However all of that is irrelevant because against a team of demo users against skilled explo users like Matattack and Texas (with the latter I use the term "skilled" loosely) it is hard to see SS floundering this victory. 2-0 fLbSS

2:00 PM [fLbSS] -vs.- [420]
-420 is another team suffering from internal strife. From speaking with their leader I gather he barely cares anymore. There just is no fighting spirit I would be surprised if they even show. The SS with their seasoned blood and fresh recruits should make short work of them, provided they show. 2-0 fLbSS

3:00 PM [420] -vs.- [L*]
L* is nothing like the juggernaut they were in their previous incarnation V. The playing field has leveled and while they took long breaks other teams have voraciously strengthened themselves. There is no denying that L* has some amazing individual talent, however their team play is surprisingly poor. They believe things like voice chat and pre set strategies are the answers to this problem and while they no doubt help they simply arent the sole solution. They are not at all used to playing as a team, watching their match you see 5 players not 1 team. This inability to naturally compliment each other without yelling into each others ear will hurt them down the road against more fierce teams. In this match however it is irrelevant as they are on a completely different plane (pun intended) than 420.
2-0 L*

4:00 PM [L*] -vs.- {bc09}
bc09 is the most tight nit team in the league. Their roster may be small but because their all real life acquantainces they can count on each other more so than almost any other team. This is a major strength however this is about all bc09 has going for them against the veterans of L*. 2-0 L*

5:00 PM {bc09} -vs.- [FN]
FN is a team that relies on 2 ace players MonxyFist and Ballin' Shades. While their supporting cast is not terrible without those two players they are a shell of what they potentially could be. This lack of versatility is a dangerous prospect further down the road. bc09 unfortuantely lacks an ace player and while they have a lot of potential for the future they simply arent ready to handle the more experienced FN. 2-0 FN

6:00 PM [FN] -vs.- [fLb]
With the excitement of the fLb v ACE match many are forgetting this potential gem. This may be the last game of the day but it will be one of the best. Provided the ace players of FN show I predict that fLb will have more trouble than they would against most other teams. However it is impossible to predict a FN victory here fLb just has to much team play experience and star power to draw from. 2-0 fLb

Last edited by Kuja900; 08-01-2009 at 07:09 PM.
Old 08-01-2009, 06:36 PM

Please post all disagreements or amendments you would make . Will do another prediction thread for next week after Sundays matches.
Old 08-01-2009, 07:02 PM

Are you kidding ?
flb has more star power than ACE ?
Maimer alone is more than you all together.
ACE will win this sunday, i'm pretty sure of it.
Old 08-01-2009, 07:04 PM

tyr r u still waiting for mario tunnel to dl? it seems like it will take an hour
Old 08-01-2009, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZidaneTribal View Post
tyr r u still waiting for mario tunnel to dl? it seems like it will take an hour
lol that map sucks btw. u should try jail break and win your prize at the end of the map

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyr View Post
Are you kidding ?
I have no doubt ACE will beat fLb in sunday match, they got maimer, hes the dude of altitude and he said kuja is a man not a girl. kuj ur a liar and stop ****** **** *****.. that poor guy...
All hail king Maimer!!

Last edited by bong; 08-01-2009 at 07:46 PM. Reason: kuja asked me to
Old 08-01-2009, 07:10 PM

did jeppew pull out? Loved watching that guy >>
Old 08-01-2009, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCN View Post
did jeppew pull out? Loved watching that guy >>
His comp is busted hes out of commission for the time being.
Old 08-01-2009, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuja900 View Post
His comp is busted hes out of commission for the time being.
also how do you counter explodadets?

thanks in advance

Your soon to be EX-demo user
CCN
Old 08-01-2009, 07:22 PM

Quote:

thanks in advance

CCN
You blow them up before they blow you up, uh dont really know any other way to put it lol.
Old 08-01-2009, 07:32 PM

Quote:

thanks in advance

CCN
Protip : When u get close to explo, press F button on your keyboard
Old 08-01-2009, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bong View Post
Protip : When u get close to explo, press F button on your keyboard
I know there is a place you can hide where their mines can't get you as they come out and spam FFFFF, im wondering if you have tips on how to estimate this spot with a bit of lag, srs advice appreciated >>
Old 08-01-2009, 09:04 PM
Super Moderator

well, basically it's all about positioning yourself so you're not vulnerable. against mines, you can fly by fairly close without getting hit, but you need to make sure you can outpace their tracking. and against the rockets, just remember that the damage is pretty low, so don't be TOO afraid of taking a hit in the open air, but don't get yourself in a place where they can slam you against a wall. and even in the open, if you get slowed/stalled, it's likely that the guy's teammates are going to cut you down a second later.

oh, and don't sniff explodet ass while chasing. and don't underestimate the eject distance of remote mine, it launches pretty far compared to the normal version. try to take note of which variant you're facing, because this can make a big difference.

so uh yeah, basically like vs most planes, try to flank. use superior mobility to pull this off, and don't get too bloodthirsty. don't be afraid to let him limp away and survive... it's always tempting to chase smoking guys down, but it can be a good way to get yourself killed a lot of the time vs these guys.
Old 08-01-2009, 10:20 PM

i wonder why ccn is wondering about beating explodets :/
Old 08-01-2009, 10:52 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to evilarsenal

kuja ur retarded
Old 08-02-2009, 12:07 AM

Ok kuj u made a big mistake predicting zs v jc
Jc will kick asses with me THE NEWB i think well win 2-1 for jc
Old 08-02-2009, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf'j'max View Post
I agree with him.
Old 08-02-2009, 01:24 AM

Quote:
HEEEEEEEELL no

this sunday will be the first time ZS will have any semblance of a team.

Devil's is getting back from cheer camp so we'll actually have a dedicated bomber. In case you don't know our team....If scheher stops fingering his butthole and decides to show we'll have four +700,000 xp players.

Old 08-02-2009, 01:30 AM

Lol while I am flattered by your $ prediction, don't forget that we also have the mysterious and very illustrious lorpus the porpus as well as other lesser known players of varying skill levels. However, if enough of our guys show up, I agree that we can take J.C. down 2-1. I'm going to be realistic and go for "hitting the base twice" vs. fLbSS. You can't win em all.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:58 AM

im famous >.<
Old 08-02-2009, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by as red as black View Post
Whahaha ok thats one thing

Oh and red i know all of devilsadvoct bombing tricks so prepare

You said there will show up only 4 pplz? That sucks for you

"Calling it a pro team while playing on college and eating snacks so there's no need to type in team chat"

Last edited by wolf'j'max; 08-02-2009 at 04:17 PM.
Old 08-02-2009, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [FN]MONXY FIST View Post
I agree with him.
Thank you XD
Old 08-02-2009, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyr View Post
Are you kidding ?
Ok i really agree with tyr (tear?) ere it won't be an easy match for ace but they will win 2-1
Old 08-02-2009, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Ok i really agree with tyr (tear?) ere it won't be an easy match for ace but they will win 2-1
I'm going to quote this again later
Old 08-02-2009, 04:06 PM

Quote:
I'm going to quote this again later
Try ur best no response from me -.-'
Old 08-02-2009, 04:09 PM

But i totally agree with the px-it prediction i mean we beaten px
9-4 to bomber men
Old 08-03-2009, 12:35 AM

Except ACE taking a game by luck Ive not missed a single prediction so far .
Old 08-03-2009, 12:37 AM

Luck ?
That was the most one-sided game of the whole league.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:42 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Except ACE taking a game by luck Ive not missed a single prediction so far .
Kuja, if I am not mistaken you played in that game. (along with game, evil, bg1, stack). So by telling me you put in your "B" team doesn't really reflect well on you as a team captain speaking for your team members (as well as yourself man).
Old 08-03-2009, 12:46 AM

fLb has no B team its just that we used an odd ball mix that had not previously played together before and it didnt work, they didnt have the chemistry with each other.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:49 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
fLb has no B team its just that we used an odd ball mixed that had not previously played together before and it didnt work, they didnt have the chemistry with each other.
Well you, game, and BG1 play together, no? So you are saying evil and stack don't fit in? You can't have it both ways. The majority of that team WAS your starting lineup. The fact that you can't admit you got spanked in a match will just make people think less of you.

I just wish I could have been there now. I honestly thought ACE would win without me. But it would have been oh so sweet to have been there for the edge to win in middleground and then for the rapage in cave to give you a 2-0 loss. I guess it will have to wait until we meet again.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:50 AM

WOW STFU STOP TALKING ****

you guys are ridiculous

WE ****ED UP

we lost, we deserved it, we just screwed up one round

IT WAS A GOOD MATCH, i hope we play you guys again

STFU
Old 08-03-2009, 12:52 AM

Why are you guys being such babies lol. You lost, ggs, come back stronger next time.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:52 AM

lol Maimer youre taking this pretty seriously eh :P
Old 08-03-2009, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomNom View Post
Why are you guys being such babies lol. You lost, ggs, come back stronger next time.
I like good competition, so if you could do that

I dont care who wins or loses, i play the game to have fun, and playing the best of the best is FUN

so ACE can i scrim you like all day?
Old 08-03-2009, 12:59 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by eth View Post
lol Maimer youre taking this pretty seriously eh :P
I am not the one walking around making excuses for losing a single match. I am sick of people like Kuja running around gloating about a win that, from the reaction of everyone else, sounded like some good well played games. I am not problem with the ACE loss, but I do have a problem when he feels the need to announce to everyone that the fLb loss was due to "luck" and because of a "B team." Just take the win and move on, but don't be a dick about it.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesnl View Post
I am not the one walking around making excuses for losing a single match. I am sick of people like Kuja running around gloating about a win that, from the reaction of everyone else, sounded like some good well played games. I am not problem with the ACE loss, but I do have a problem when he feels the need to announce to everyone that the fLb loss was due to "luck" and because of a "B team." Just take the win and move on, but don't be a dick about it.
Who's the one not moving on? Its tyr who wont shuttup about the caves game and I felt a need to provide an explanation.

Some cheese with that whine?

edit: and for the record noone is denying some ggs took place today
Old 08-03-2009, 01:03 AM

im gonna change my tag to sLb

straight little bear
Old 08-03-2009, 01:03 AM

Hey wtf.
I'm trashtalking for fun, i though everyone knew that.

We played 3 good games, we made some mistakes in game 1 and we lost, they played bad on game 2, they lost, we played bad on game 3, we lost.
We'll meet again in the finals and this time we'll win, there's np, and if we can't trashtalk til then, it just isnt fun.

Don't take everything so serious guys, this is a game, and I personally enjoyed the games and everything related to these games (yes, even Kuja's and Stack's attempts to destroy our moral with multiple threads and pictures !).
This is how a league should work, but in the end, we're all friends, or at least, I hope so.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:05 AM

Oh were all friends here and its the internet dont know why anyone take anything seriously but for the record fLb>>>>>>>>>>>ACE <333.

edit: and tyr for the record we work very hard on our image propaganda campaign!
Old 08-03-2009, 01:09 AM

I mean we all know that Kuja is the reason why FLB is the 2nd most annoying team in the league.

And these predictions mean nothing. Obvious choices are obvious choices.