Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Dedicated Server
FAQ Community Calendar

Dedicated Server Discuss technical issues related to hosting your own servers.

Old 08-09-2009, 02:32 AM

Default Server dissappeared.

My community maps, and community favorites servers seem to have dissappeared. They seem to launch fine, but don't show up in my server lists (no, i don't have a filter on, i have asked others, they can't see it either).

launcher_config.xml:
http://pastebin.com/m6a096bbb

log/ServerLauncher.log:
http://pastebin.com/m7452e10e

earlier i was getting some kind of "server keep bind something, ip no longer valid" but it has gone away. I still can't get my servers to show up though.

Any ideas?

Edit: there have been lots of altitude updates lately, and my launcher xml is written by a script i made. Is it possible its not compatible with the new altitude version?
Old 08-09-2009, 03:39 AM

that could be your problem. if your ip is no longer valid i do believe that means that your servers dont work unless you install the updates. try reinstalling altitude and see if that works
Old 08-09-2009, 03:45 AM

you know i looked at the server log and saw you put my maps on your server.

thanks. theres not a lot of servers that my map is on. my distortion maps. i can tell you this though. my map is not your server problem becuase those maps work fine on my server.
Old 08-09-2009, 03:50 AM

another thing you can do to get you servers to work is on the server configurator copy your server and delete the previous ones.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:28 AM

if all else fails, i can host the server for you. I love that experimental maps website and I dont want it to go to waste because a server wont start. just tell me how to pair my server with your website and with your permission, i can start up a substitute server until the other ones come back online.
Old 08-09-2009, 07:32 AM
Administrator

If the servers start then your launch_config.xml is fine.

This is most like a firewall/router issue. The servers' UDP ports must not be blocked by any security software and routers must forward incoming traffic correctly.

Are you sure nothing has changed about the security software / firewall / router situation of that server?
Old 08-09-2009, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamster View Post
If the servers start then your launch_config.xml is fine.

This is most like a firewall/router issue. The servers' UDP ports must not be blocked by any security software and routers must forward incoming traffic correctly.

Are you sure nothing has changed about the security software / firewall / router situation of that server?
Not that I am aware of. I'll double check with my web host.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:34 AM

so whatd he say? the web host
Old 08-22-2009, 06:29 PM

Okay, so I finally had some time to work on the server some more, the web host recently changed the way the higher ports are used (security reasons) but i got it sorted out.

I now have a private ip address that points to the shared host server, so I can use the higher ports.

In the configurator there is an option for changing the ip address, but the wording makes it sound like its about the NIC interfaces, whereas I think this is the same network card, but I need to be able to specify a specific ip address to be used. Will this accomplish the same thing?
Old 08-22-2009, 09:23 PM
Administrator

Yeah that wording is a bit confusing. I think it will accomplish exactly what you need (specification of a full socket bind address IP+port). Hope to see the experimental server back online soon!
Old 08-23-2009, 06:23 AM

Hmmm.

Okay, I changed the ip address but it still doesn't seem to be working. I left a support ticket with my host asking if there is anything special I have to do to use the ports, but I thought i would post here too.

Two things I have noticed:

1- I am getting "valid server hello response" messages again, I think that those have been absent since the servers went dark.

2- Another thing i noticed is that before i did the most recent changes, there were 2 unresponsive servers (as in at the bottom of the list: "28 shown, 0 filtered, 2 unresponsive") and right after there were "4 unresponsive" and i have two servers in my config.

So, is there anyway to tell the client to list the unresponsive servers anyways? Just go I can see them, and if they are there, it means my server is communicating with your master server, but somehow the game client can't talk to the server... Or it could still be a problem from my hosts end. Any ideas?

(btw, the private ip i have bound it to is 75.125.121.89, if that helps in anyways)

Thanks again for a great game!
Old 08-23-2009, 07:25 AM
Administrator

There's no option to view the unresponsive servers, but it sounds like things are starting up correctly. The "valid server hello" indicates that your server is communicating with the master server over UDP; the question now is why your server can't communicate with anyone else (e.g. clients). This behavior usually indicates an asymmetric router/firewall issue: since the connection to the master server was initiated by your game server, your router knows the master server can respond via that UDP port, but clients who attempt to make first contact are rejected. You may need to set up port forwarding or open ports on the firewall. Hopefully your host can give you a better idea what exactly needs to be done with your particular network setup.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:38 PM

Yep, They "made an adjustment to our firewall config" and everything is happy now, the servers are back!

Because the server has been gone for a while, the last 20 maps to be uploaded to the website are on the experimental server, so they can all have a chance to be played.

Thanks again!

Last edited by michael; 08-23-2009 at 07:40 PM.