Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Suggestions
FAQ Community Calendar

Suggestions Post ideas and suggestions here.

Old 01-29-2013, 12:48 PM

Default Make a button for kb players which reduces the turning rate

'ey.

Before I start, I'll be using the word "click" for the smallest amount turning.
Also, for the record, I'm a keyboard only player.

When I'm aiming at the goal, I'm usually just a click or two off the goal. To get my aim straight, I need to tap the turning keys. The problem is, it is pretty hard to correct my aim by just a click, especially when the whole enemy team is blasting my ass.

It's like artillery, first you overshoot, then you undershoot and the third shot will be on the target. Very time consuming.

What I'm requesting is a button that would make it easier to fine tune your aim.

a) Make a button that would limit your turning to one click only. When the button is pressed, your plane would only turn one click, regardless of how much you press the turning button. If you want to turn another click, you'd need to release and repress the fine tune + turning buttons.

or

b) Make a button that limits the turning rate while being pressed. When combined with the turning keys, your planes turning rate would be reduced to 1/2 , 1/3 or 1/4 of the normal. (whatever would work the best)

-J
Old 01-29-2013, 02:13 PM

Certainly a nice suggestion. Lets see what the rest of the community has to say.

Shouldn't be terribly difficult to implement speaking programmer-wise...
Old 01-29-2013, 08:53 PM

Location: Sunaku pulls away, hesitant and unsure of these feelings he's feeling...

Or just give KB a magical little line that tells you exactly where you are pointing at all times.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elixirwithani View Post
Or just give KB a magical little line that tells you exactly where you are pointing at all times.
Obviously that but if we don't get the line and/or cross hair, the button would be nice.

-J
Old 01-30-2013, 06:47 AM

If I understood this right, you're wanting an anti-thermo key of sorts (while making the shot)?

In any case, seems interesting but I'm a bit skeptical how effective this can be for both sides.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekn0 View Post
If I understood this right, you're wanting an anti-thermo key of sorts (while making the shot)?

In any case, seems interesting but I'm a bit skeptical how effective this can be for both sides.
No, just a fine-tuning button for turning. As far as I know, thermo effect isn't connected with the rate of turning, but with the speed of the plane. If a thermo hit makes you turn 50 clicks, it shouldn't matter if you're holding the "aim" button because it only affects what's coming from your keyboard.

Now, when I say "aim button" I don't mean "hurr hurr imma loopurrrr"-button or "OH NO VELOCIRAPTORS RUINED THERMO"-button. Just a fine-tuning button for turning.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzedariuSuiradezza View Post
No, just a fine-tuning button for turning. As far as I know, thermo effect isn't connected with the rate of turning, but with the speed of the plane. If a thermo hit makes you turn 50 clicks, it shouldn't matter if you're holding the "aim" button because it only affects what's coming from your keyboard.

Now, when I say "aim button" I don't mean "hurr hurr imma loopurrrr"-button or "OH NO VELOCIRAPTORS RUINED THERMO"-button. Just a fine-tuning button for turning.
Tekno will always oppose changes that might result in nerfs to the planes he plays (check every single post he's made in the 'state of the game' thread).

He now seems to be taking this to it's logical conclusion and interpreting every change as a nerf to either whale or randa.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWhatever View Post
b) Make a button that limits the turning rate while being pressed. When combined with the turning keys, your planes turning rate would be reduced to 1/2 , 1/3 or 1/4 of the normal. (whatever would work the best)
After putting some thought to it, the best option would be a user defined level of fine tuning.
Make a slider which you can adjust freely so the level of fine tuning would meet your personal preference.

Also bump.

-J
Old 02-04-2013, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribilla View Post
Tekno will always oppose changes that might result in nerfs to the planes he plays (check every single post he's made in the 'state of the game' thread).

He now seems to be taking this to it's logical conclusion and interpreting every change as a nerf to either whale or randa.
Says the insecure mouse user who thinks trickster needs a bigger nerf than lazer. I have no qualms with nerfs being made to whale or randa as long as its reasonable, I play enough planes to adjust to whatever changes. I was merely asking if this "aim" button can also be used to protect against thermo since it affects turning. I wasn't opposing the change, I don't even know how it will play out

Last edited by Tekn0; 02-04-2013 at 06:23 AM.