Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Tech Support
FAQ Community Calendar

Tech Support Trouble running the game? Found a bug? Post here.

Old 04-12-2013, 11:28 PM

Default Looking for some help in modifying some files.

PROBABLY WRONG SECTION,
Sorry if this is nowhere near where it's supposed to go, but this seemed like the logical place.

Anyways,
Hi, i'm looking for some help in regards to changing some files. Specifically, the picture files for the planes. If it is possible, id love to make a new skin set. If anyone has any idea on how to access these files, please let me know. I've looked around a bit but i cant seem to find any. Then again, i'm not particularly skilled at putting a game together, so I am probably looking in all the wrong places. So, if i can get this up and working with your help ill post what I've been able to make. Also, if you have any requests, let me know! If this is possible, id love to do a bunch of different 'skins' for things.

Thanks in advance,
-T
Old 04-13-2013, 03:13 AM
Administrator

It's not possible.

Fine print: It could be done but would be incredibly difficult. Biplane images are located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Altitude\resources\dist\.image\render\planes \biplane if you look at image-lookup-map.txt you will notice that each color (for the teams) is 42 images (1 image for all the rotation states of the plane). In addition to that the p0 file is an LZMA compressed png with our own special sauce (I don't remember exact details but you can't decompress it w/ 7-zip) and the images are packed in as efficiently as possible so they only take up 1 OpenGL texture in the game.

Last edited by Karl; 04-13-2013 at 03:15 AM.