Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Tech Support
FAQ Community Calendar

Tech Support Trouble running the game? Found a bug? Post here.

Old 01-15-2014, 05:30 PM

Default Altitude for Kindle fire?

Don't know if this is in the right place, but...
I am looking at ditching my personal laptop (work has just given me a fancy one), and getting a kindle fire for random things! the only thing that is holding me back is my ability to play altitude (as well as other games on steam)... so, my question is... can I play altitude on the kindle fire, or any other tablet?
Old 01-15-2014, 06:12 PM
Super Moderator

Altitude is not playable on almost every tablet. I believe that the windows "tablets" running Windows 8.1 could theoretically play it - but they are basically a touch screen computer.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:51 PM

I have wondered in Windows 8 tablets would be capable of running Altitude. Do not get a Windows RT tablet. The OS looks the same but you'll need the full Windows 8 to run regular Windows software. I suspect it would come down to the graphics card. I think Altitude won't run if it doesn't recognize the graphics card?

I read through a lot of reviews of the Dell Venue 8 Pro, which is one of the less expensive Windows 8 tablets. It seemed like a lot of the compatibility issues were due to lack of mouse. Probably this is when trying to play with the touch screen though I would think? I don't see why it would matter if a bluetooth mouse+kb were connected but idk.

If you were to take a chance on a Windows tablet, let us know if you get Altitude running on it.
Old 01-17-2014, 12:34 PM

Surface Pro 2 is more than capable of running altitude.

I'll be getting Surface Pro 2 in a month from now (mainly as a fantastic alternative to the ridiculously expensive Wacom Cintiq Companion) for my sketching and illustration needs.

Manga Studio + Surface Pro 2 FTW!!
Old 01-17-2014, 06:37 PM

I'm not exactly what you would call - computer friendly... so by capable, do you mean it is able to run it, but there isn't a version of altitude to go on that OS? or platform? or something?

hhmmm... do I really want to give up altitude to get a tablet? probably not! XD cheers for the advice guise!
Old 01-17-2014, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanky View Post
I'm not exactly what you would call - computer friendly... so by capable, do you mean it is able to run it, but there isn't a version of altitude to go on that OS? or platform? or something?

hhmmm... do I really want to give up altitude to get a tablet? probably not! XD cheers for the advice guise!
the surface pro 2 runs full fledged windows 8.1 and has an intel x86 cpu like a regular laptop. you can install altitude windows version
on it. no reason it should not run.
Old 01-18-2014, 04:25 PM

oooooh, that is interesting!! need to see how much one of those cos....JESUS FRICKING CHRIST!!!! OK, that isn't going to happen! I can survive with a laptop... :P
Old 01-19-2014, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanky View Post
oooooh, that is interesting!! need to see how much one of those cos....JESUS FRICKING CHRIST!!!! OK, that isn't going to happen! I can survive with a laptop... :P
hehe, for the given config. (4th gen haswell CPUs, RAM and SSDs) you're unlikely to find other similar Win8 tablets any cheaper.