Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > General Altitude Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar

General Altitude Discussion Discuss anything Altitude related that doesn't belong in another forum.

View Poll Results: which miranda do you prefer?
old(bounce shot+warp) 4 25.00%
new 7 43.75%
other(didn't play old beta/don't care/meh/post below) 5 31.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-06-2008, 11:09 PM

Default which miranda do you prefer?

game play wise, (obviously the new one has better graphics).
There's already a discussion thread about this, just wanted to see if the old Miranda supporters are the minority.
There was an old old Miranda, but I don't know anything about that other than it had a laser that went through stuff.

Last edited by King!; 07-07-2008 at 12:17 AM.
Old 07-07-2008, 12:59 AM
Super Moderator

I feel like the old miranda had more of a skill spread since there was a lot of room for creativity with warp and decent aim was required to do well, plus bounce shots could be planned somewhat. You can do fun stuff with reverse but its not the freedom warp was. As for which is more fun to play, I dunno. Going to avoid voting since I think both are enjoyable.
Old 07-07-2008, 02:36 AM

I kinda like the old one better. The current Miranda has crazy rapid fire, but it's still rather weak. Being able to have the bouncy shots brought a new level to gameplay since the Miranda could basically shoot around corners and go through ****.

I like the reverse that the new one has, and I think that being able to damage people while warping is cool, but it seems harder to master and not worth it for a somewhat weak ship. I haven't seen many people using Mirandas unless they set their plane selection to Random or something.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:38 AM
Super Moderator

I like the old Miranda better in theory, but in the real world the warp + lag could be kinda frustrating. Also, the warp did break maps sometimes. With that in mind, I barely prefer the current Miranda.

That said, I think it could still use some tweaking or maybe even a redesign. Here are my gripes (which I think I've mentioned in the other thread, actually):
  • I think it's quite a bit harder to use than the other planes, mostly because of the charge-up thing. I think the fun part (abusing the reverse button) would be closer to the surface with the charge-up removed.
  • It doesn't have a clear role in team games. Right now it feels like it's competing to do the same job as the Biplane, but the Biplane is a little bit better so the Mir doesn't have much use.

Just a caveat btw: for some reason, I'm pretty bad at using the Miranda AND fighting it, so I might be talking out my ass.
Old 07-07-2008, 01:36 PM

I hated old miranda because I thought teleport was gay. Don't really have a problem with current Miranda, other than I really *HATE* fast attack/low damage attacks (Miranda non-charge primary, bomber rear turret).
Old 07-07-2008, 03:13 PM

Send a message via AIM to skywalker Send a message via MSN to skywalker

new one is more fun with the beam
Old 07-07-2008, 04:10 PM
Super Moderator

To clarify, I recall at least 3 different mirandas, my details may be a bit inaccurate though:
Oldest Miranda:
Primary was a short solid laser beam, looked almost like a light saber, that extended maybe 2 plane lengths ahead of the miranda while the f button was pressed.
Secondary was invisibility although you could still be shot. While you were invisible your ammo was drained. You could shoot your laser and remain invisible, however your laser would be visible.

Old Miranda:
Primary was charge up bounce shot.
Secondary was invisibility + invulnerability + ability to move through walls + speed boost, if you fired your weapon however you became visible.

New Miranda:
the one in the current game
Old 07-13-2008, 12:23 AM

old Miranda all the way. it was my favorite plane by a long shot. Of all the planes, Miranda probably had the biggest range of skill levels as was said above which lead to whole people who fly and like Miranda vs those who don't and do not.

Last edited by leiter; 07-13-2008 at 12:27 AM.
Old 07-13-2008, 11:24 PM

old miranda with cutter beam and invisibility ftw.