Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > The Water Cooler
FAQ Community Calendar

The Water Cooler Discuss unrelated topics. Keep it clean. Keep it nice.

Old 07-06-2016, 05:37 PM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.
Exclamation altitude fantasy football 2016!

yo

congrats to G00SE, our 2015 champion and FIRST EVER repeat champion!! it was a hard fought season and he made it happen against seemingly insurmountable odds.

i've renewed our league for the 2016 season, draft is tentatively set for saturday the 3rd of september at 10pm pacific (last weekend before the season starts) but is subject to change based on who can and can't make that time. just let me know your preferences!

this is probably the best time to discuss changes we want to make to the format, last season it was a 16-man auction and we had 2 inactive teams that i didn't invite back this year. did we like the auction format or do we want to go back to standard? how did we feel about the short benches (only 4 slots last season)? should we make the flex W/R spot a W/R/TE spot? do we want kickers back? do we want to try to get 2 more teams in or is 14 enough? hit me up with some feedback!

this year when i renewed it just automatically renewed everyone's team so i'm going to try to ask every person individually if they plan on playing again this season. everyone that confirms i'll put below:

CONFIRMED:
1. ssd
2. ex~
3. fh
4. rye
5. angryirishman
6. G00SE
7. JDR
8. ufo
9. Clapon
10. dozer
11. truepa!N
12. ball'n
13. DDP
14. Kafka

as always, good luck this season, i feel like it's gonna be truepa!N's year! if you're not in the league and would like to join feel free to leave a comment just letting me know you're interested so i can put you on a waitlist if we decide to expand the league or if people don't want to renew. thanks!

Last edited by sunshineduck; 08-29-2016 at 05:01 AM.
Old 07-07-2016, 12:14 AM

throw me on the waitlist if there's a spot...

i've always been active with fantasy sports and promise not to abandon ship
Old 07-07-2016, 07:15 AM

im in. will actually draft this time.
Old 07-11-2016, 02:12 PM

Auction was fun and I'd like to keep it going

Short benches were rough - 1 more spot would be better methinks. Many a team (mine included) really got dicked over when an injury went down. Of course we were all equally dicked, but i think adding a rooster spoot would only punish the highly inactive which is fine. I feel strongly about this one and will politik for it harder if we need to weed out some details, but I'm not checking forums very often so feel free to text me to discuss further or to nudge me to check forums if I'm not responding.

I'm also for W/R/TE spot. I don't really see the reason not to, but I don't much care either way. If we stick to 4 man bench and 16 team, I think adding the flexibility of a TE would mitigate the unforgiving nature of the state of the league.

**** kickers

16 team felt like too much. I know we are trying to be inclusive but 16 is a lot. If all 16 were active last year, it would've been even ruffer than it already was.
Old 07-11-2016, 10:21 PM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufo View Post
Auction was fun and I'd like to keep it going

Short benches were rough - 1 more spot would be better methinks. Many a team (mine included) really got dicked over when an injury went down. Of course we were all equally dicked, but i think adding a rooster spoot would only punish the highly inactive which is fine. I feel strongly about this one and will politik for it harder if we need to weed out some details, but I'm not checking forums very often so feel free to text me to discuss further or to nudge me to check forums if I'm not responding.

I'm also for W/R/TE spot. I don't really see the reason not to, but I don't much care either way. If we stick to 4 man bench and 16 team, I think adding the flexibility of a TE would mitigate the unforgiving nature of the state of the league.

**** kickers

16 team felt like too much. I know we are trying to be inclusive but 16 is a lot. If all 16 were active last year, it would've been even ruffer than it already was.
you think it was bad enough that if we end up sticking with 14 teams that we'll still need to add another bench spot? i feel u about the injury thing (spent like $160 on julio+bell) but also felt like bad planning was the reason i didn't handcuff bell and getting punished for that gamble was rewarding in its own way even though it cost me the season.

just cutting 2 teams will add a bunch of players that would be on a team to the pool that would go away if i added another bench spot. the idea is to have some sort of engine to create actual decisions on roster making - that's why i got dumpstered so hard, i got cute and tried to gamble on some garbage panthers wr instead of sitting on deangelo williams in case bell went down.

but ideas dont always = results so if you really think it isn't working i'm obv very open to change
Old 07-13-2016, 12:58 PM

14 teams would def make the whole bench cluster-f more okay. I would still prefer a 5th bench spot so that you wouldn't have to drop a solid bench player for a bye week filler, but all teams are on same footing so it's no big.
Old 07-13-2016, 08:07 PM

i think it might be ok with 14 teams and adding te to the flex, that way you don't feel dumb rostering 2 te's if you have gronk or whatever. i feel like the drawback of having to drop players you want to keep makes things more interesting more than it helps since you'll see more interesting names in FA. but like i said if the other owners think it would be better to go 5 bench i'm down fa sho
Old 07-18-2016, 03:05 AM

i am not strongly opposed, and always - will be a good year
Old 08-03-2016, 02:59 AM

i really liked the direction we went last year. the auction draft was great and something that will likely only be better this year with the experience we gained the first time around. while the bench was a little constricting (i added to this by carrying multiple injured player for half the season never to get any actual payoff) i rather enjoyed the little extra challenge and the kind of choices that had to be made. however, i think some tweaks could be welcomed. 14 teams and changing the flex seems like a step in the right direction and would likely fix or alleviate some of the problems people may have been having. while adding a bench slot is also a good option it might be a bit too big of a step in my opinion. especially with being able to drop to 14 teams. im still open minded but the season is coming up quick.

with that said i feel pretty strongly that picking a kicker is a skill and if you think its not youre just bad at it. i felt like a part of me was lost last season, one that i never knew was such an integral part of my being. bring kickers back. kickersarepeople
Old 08-03-2016, 03:01 AM

also a big congrats to g00se for the first repeat well played friend
Old 08-20-2016, 10:21 PM

hey guys just a quick update i can't get ahold of QUEEN ZOE or MJ so i'm gonna be pulling them from the league and adding kafka (assuming he still wants to play)

also looking for 1 more owner and then we're set! draft is currently set for saturday night sept. 3rd, 7:45 PM PST. lemme know if that time doesn't work for you and we'll see what we can wiggle around!
Old 08-20-2016, 11:13 PM

definitely still interested as long as you can find a 14th owner (don't want there to be an odd number of teams). if not, no big deal.

ssd, send me a pm if/when you find a 14th and i'll send you my email
Old 08-21-2016, 05:15 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Duck Duck Pwn

I could play
Old 09-03-2016, 12:46 AM

looks like we have a full league! DDP and kafka will be filling in for QUEEN ZOE and MJ this year

don't forget guys our draft is at 7:45PM [b]pacific[/i] tomorrow, i know it's super late for east coasters but it's hard to find a time slot for everyone that works.

also went ahead and re-added kickers, seems like nobody's really that opposed to it and clapon is convinced that it takes some measure of skill so i can deal with the minor annoyance every week. also gives weeaboo owners like ufo an extra slot during the week where he can drop a kicker and have a temporary extra bench spot, might help out with some concerns we had about there only being 4 spots
Old 09-03-2016, 01:54 AM

I am so super opposed to kickers. On another note,
can anyone text me like an hour or 2 prior to draft time? A lot going on for me irl and iwould prreciate the heads up
Old 09-03-2016, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufo View Post
I am so super opposed to kickers. On another note,
can anyone text me like an hour or 2 prior to draft time? A lot going on for me irl and iwould prreciate the heads up
just set a reminder on your phone
Old 09-03-2016, 05:54 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Duck Duck Pwn

can't make that time :/
Old 09-03-2016, 07:40 PM

Where did my team go!

I never check my emails

Last edited by mjolnir416; 09-03-2016 at 07:57 PM.
Old 09-04-2016, 06:45 AM

we had a fun draft but i messed up and i forgot to add te to the flex before the draft so i'll have to reset the draft and manually re-enter the results so you will probably have to set your lineups again from scratch sorry team
Old 09-04-2016, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineduck View Post
i'll have to reset the draft and manually re-enter the results
i imagine that was a pain in the ass, thanks ssd
Old 12-29-2016, 05:23 AM

fun season as always guys! i won't spoil who won but

oh wait

haha

it was me

suck it nerds SMELL YA NEXT YEAR
Old 12-29-2016, 11:50 PM

well done ssd, was a great season.

next year you're all toast