Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > The Water Cooler
FAQ Community Calendar

The Water Cooler Discuss unrelated topics. Keep it clean. Keep it nice.

Old 12-04-2009, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Pilot View Post
Hello all,

I'm not the oldest, but I'm damn close. I too joined the altitude community after beta, when it was on Apple's download list. I had so much fun in the first 30 minutes, I bought the game that day.

Away from the game, I'm either being a school administrator, going to school to finish my masters, trying to turn my daughter into a geek, or playing guitar.

I also try to make maps. I'm not that good yet, but there's a definite "world History" theme to my maps (I taught History for 13 years). One day I will get it right!

I find I am a way better BALL player than TBD. I'm not sure why.

In game you will see me as 'Aces High.' UP THE IRONS!
Ok Iron Maiden is my favorite band ever, you just became very cool very quickly add me in game.
Old 12-04-2009, 04:16 AM

Hello, my actual name is Michael, but I chose Herodadotus as my name from an experience in my World History class. I'm a 17 year old student from New Mexico, and plan to go into a career in music.

I discovered Altitude when it showed up on the Apple download list, and nowadays, when I'm not practicing and writing music or doing homework, I'm usually getting owned in my demo loopy. I'm planning on getting the game very soon.

See you all in the future,

Herodadotus
Old 12-08-2009, 12:58 AM

Send a message via AIM to GMAC Send a message via MSN to GMAC Send a message via Skype™ to GMAC
Default Evenin'

So I've finally decided to register for the forums after a long time playing as a demo, then a paid user.

I usually hang around the NL servers flying a loopy or a whale. On rare occasions I take the bomber, while the miranda and bi I barely ever touch

Just thought I'd introduce myself properly, as ingame chat isn't exactly concise

Edit: thanks for the move, I can be blind, sometimes :/

Last edited by GMAC; 12-08-2009 at 01:01 AM.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:49 PM

Hi all,

My name's Justin, 37 originally from England, relocated to North Carolina US a few years back. Currently work as a Heavy Equipment Mechanic also do some web design on the side. In game name is bolderz.

Cheers
Old 12-10-2009, 02:57 AM

Hey guys. I'm Liquid, but you probably know me as LiquidRidicule, Liq Astley, or Liquid Refreshment if you've played with me before. I've been off and on since summer, and I'm trying to become as regular as I once was.

I started off playing demo for a quite a while, a period during which I developed my faggy nader skills. I then purchased the game, and I fell in love with the Biplane.

I quit for a while after that, and upon coming back, I've realized that I can play excellently in nearly any plane, though I'm not as specialized with anything as, say, Sinstar with his trickster 'Randa (He's a fag, but he's my bud ), Capn' Wolfe with his Loopy (Now HE kicks ass), or many other people I'm not mentioning. Though I'll say I kick ass with recoilless Biplane and Flak Bomber, that's pretty subjective. Ask the people I play with, they'll tell you their thoughts on me. But I'm actually able to use random to an extent because I'm comfortable with all of the planes.

I've considered joining a clan, though I'm fairly sure that my previous Altitude expeditions have been nearly forgotten by now. I'm going to have to rebuild my reputation if I'm going to get into a clan corroborative to my skill level, eh?

You'll currently see me in game as :moon: Liquid. Meet you fags ingame!
Old 12-14-2009, 04:38 PM

Post Me!

Hi all, I ... oh, um, theme music!

I'm James, and I go by zwanglos in the game. I just found out about Altitude a few days ago from the sale on Steam, and after playing it for a day I decided to buy the full game. I'm still working at unlocking the rest of the upgrades (only at level 43 at the moment), but my favorite plane at the moment is recoilless biplane. I'm trying to learn what I can about it from tyr's guide... not having the flexible wings is starting to annoy me, but that will come in time I guess.

Aside from Altitude, I've recently been playing various games at Kongregate; I think the puzzle games there are my favorite.

As for my gaming history, I started playing games when I was three (I'm 25 now, by the way), on our old Commodore 64... when we got our first PC, I got seriously hooked on Mechwarrior 2 and the whole mecha genre as a whole (the Mechwarrior 3, 4, Starsiege, Heavy Gear 2, etc), but that genre hasn't had any interesting releases in quite a while. I played various strategy games for awhile, such as Starcraft, and my most recent RTS obsession was the original Dawn of War (not the expansions, which were terrible) back in 2004. I have never figured out why people like(d) WoW. It is a mystery to me.

As for me, well, I'm a languages student (English is my native language). My username zwanglos is derived from German and can loosely be translated as 'casual', 'free and easy', 'unconstrained', etc. (which suits my personality, mostly). I graduated w/ an undergrad degree in German in 2007, then moved onto learning Chinese (Mandarin), and currently I'm in Taiwan furthering that goal. So, uh, most of the servers are kind of laggy for me, except the Asian servers (where nobody plays )

I generally have a relaxed attitude, but sometimes I bring out a sharp wit when I feel like it.

Hopping around from country to country necessitated having a laptop instead of a desktop PC, so I'm very happy to see a good quality game that even my shoddy laptop can handle. Thanks for making such a fun game!

Other quick info:
- My favorite living comedian is Brian Regan...
My favorite not-currently-living comedian is Victor Borge.
I'm kind of tall!
My taste in music is pretty weird!

Okay, that's it for me. Hope to see some people in the skies eventually!
Old 12-16-2009, 12:28 PM

Hi all

My first post i and just wanted to say, What a freaking awesome game !!!

I used to play a PD game on my Amiga called BIP with my friends (was 4 player and a static screen but similar to this game) Altitude was just what i have been waiting for

I am 30 and i live in the UK.

I come from the C&C series ( yes go on and grab the pitch forks and hunt me down) and got very good at KW 2v2 in which i am a top 50 player when i am active.

Currently i play this game and Demigod a lot, and im looking to get better at this. if you see me on the digital skys im allways up for advice. Im good at getting kills and not dieing but i need some advice on team tactics and roles in the group.

Again a big thanks to the Devs and all involved in this game, i wish all the sucess in the future =]
Old 12-16-2009, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLaNKMiND View Post
Hi all

My first post i and just wanted to say, What a freaking awesome game !!!

I used to play a PD game on my Amiga called BIP with my friends (was 4 player and a static screen but similar to this game) Altitude was just what i have been waiting for

I am 30 and i live in the UK.

I come from the C&C series ( yes go on and grab the pitch forks and hunt me down) and got very good at KW 2v2 in which i am a top 50 player when i am active.

Currently i play this game and Demigod a lot, and im looking to get better at this. if you see me on the digital skys im allways up for advice. Im good at getting kills and not dieing but i need some advice on team tactics and roles in the group.

Again a big thanks to the Devs and all involved in this game, i wish all the sucess in the future =]
This game was made based on a game called biplanes, not sure if it's the same one though
Old 12-16-2009, 12:39 PM

i remember playing a game like this on the old atari consoles, was amzing at the time but had nooooo physics at all !

BIP might that game. all i know was it was a public domain game, about 17 years ago, and i had many hours crying with laughter killing/being killed with my friends.

it was 4 player and had 2 players on the keyboard and 2 players on joysticks.

Stalling was on it. it had one map, which was just one screen size, no obejects in the sky, no power ups, just biplanes a gun and that was it.
Old 12-20-2009, 12:10 PM

zwanglos I love me some karsh kale, lets be friends <33
Old 12-27-2009, 04:35 AM

Hey guys. I wasn't going to drop in, but I happened to notice the name of the previous poster. I admin a couple other forums, same name keeps showing up. Yaaaay spam bots

Downloaded the demo 1 hour ago, just purchased the game. Looking forward to some more ball games.

TB
Old 12-30-2009, 04:58 AM

Default Self-intro

HI GUYS!
Just bought the game and its the best $10 i've ever spent!!
Nice to meet you all. looks like a lively community.
Old 01-07-2010, 01:17 AM

Location: The Great White North, home of igloos and maple syrup.
Default Corvus Crypt

Hello. I'm Corvus Crypt.

I got my name when I found I needed a name all my own, that nobody else would have. It is derived from Corvus Cryptoleucus, the chihuahua raven. A strange little crow-like bird, I figured it sounded cool, and just went with it.

I just joined, 4 days ago now? I think??
I'm already an Altitude addict!

I have played most as a recoilless biplane, but I think I prefer the miranda with bouncy shot (although I'm not that good).

Thanks for listening, this is my first post and I hope to meet you in the game!
Old 01-14-2010, 11:14 PM

Default Hi guys

i just joined the forms and i want to introduce myself.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:14 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Shogi

Hey, what's up?

The name is Fabio, nickname Shogi. I live in Brasil and am on my last year as a Science Computer graduate.

I first saw the game when Steam started offering it, but didn't bothered to try it, until the day the demo came out and I thought: "Oh, what the heck, why not?". After a few hours I was already addicted to the game and made my purchase.

My favorite planes are the Biplane (Dogfighter much, thank you) and Miranda (Confusing the heck out of other people and Crashing yourself endlessly), play Loopy if I feel lazy about aiming.

My favorite mode is TBD, can't get tired of bombing that hangar.

I'm highly interested in Competitive play in this game, but since I don't have much experience and my ping seems bad (150~200), I think I'll leave it for later.

Cheers.

Last edited by Shogi; 01-15-2010 at 07:16 PM.
Old 01-21-2010, 10:00 PM
Super Moderator

Location: being a video game clan CEO is not that prestigious
Default Hey hey

So... now that I've retired and come back from the dead, lol:

I am 35, live in northern California, and teach at a K-8 school, where I serve as the tech support person and teach computer classes and various electives. Altitude is my first online game (yep, we old folks gotta start somewhere), and I love it!

I started as an acid loopy and I haven't looked back. BALL is my heart and soul, but you may occasionally find me trying in vain to improve at TBD. I'm not too bad at 1DM, until the pros show up and I get pwned.

I am also the head and co-captain (w/drunkguava and wiseguy) of the {ball} clan, which takes a surprising amount of time to organize and maintain. We're looking for strong BALL players and for clans that want to challenge us in BALL (or sometimes other modes as well).

See you in-game!

Old 01-28-2010, 09:30 AM

Hi everyone! My name is Jeff, and I'm turning 20 in about 2 weeks. I go by bluepanda in game.

I've been playing altitude since December 4th when I bought it on Steam and I love it. As for my name, I was listening to a lot of Panda Bear (Noah Lennox) at the time, and my favorite color is blue, so I just went with it. I'm not crazy about pandas or anything. Maybe just different shades of blue. Pandas are okay.

If you've seen me in game its more than likely been in a Ball server, and I was probably playing a Bomber. I started out with the Loopy, but switched over to the Bomber soon after. Raining bombs on people just appeals to me for some reason. I've had some pretty great Ball moments so far.. and definitely some major fails ;D

I tend to play altitude quite a bit as I listen to a lot of music. It's one of the few games I have right now where I can play with the sound muted/low. Some music of choice as of the last few weeks: Yeasayer, Local Natives, Deadmau5, These New Puritans, Boys Noize. Sometimes I feel like I play better when I have some awesome music on, could be true I guess :P

Keep on ramblin' on.

Last edited by bluepanda; 01-28-2010 at 09:34 AM.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:14 AM

Send a message via AIM to Ajuk999
I have been a member of the Altitude Community, since May or June of 2009. I haven't gotten around to Introducing myself to everyone, so here it is.

My Altitude Name is currently "Andrew"

I reside in California.

In my spare time I: Code, Design, and Play Games.

I also lead the prestigious ball clan "ACES HIGH". We are determined to take down all of the opposing clans, one by one. Our official Scrimmage Record Can be seen here.

Last edited by Ajuk999; 12-08-2010 at 09:04 PM.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:45 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Greekjr14 Send a message via Skype™ to Greekjr14

Hey guys! My name is Stephen, or Stephenos in Greek. I am Greek and Mexican (i know what a combo!) and i live in Alexandria, Louisiana. Many people think that southerners are just a bunch of hillbillies. Well sorry to disappoint you but we are not. We are very smart and sophisticated lol. Anyways, my game name is Zeusjr14 and I am a leader of the clan DX or Demonic Xterminators. My name is made up of three different meanings. 1. Zeus (Greek God) 2. jr. (i am named after my dad) 3. 14 (i am 14 years old and will be 15 in April, although people tell me that I am more mature than my age. You will normally see me using the miranda for BALL and rarely loopy. I mainly use loopy for bomb running in TBD. I have become more interested BALL and strayed a bit form TBD. I must say that I have improved a lot in BALL. I always love to have a good time while playing. My motto has always been Spirit of the Game. It shouldn't matter whether you win or lose, just as long as you have fun. Although, winning doesn't hurt you know haha. Outside of Altitiude I love to play all kinds of sports such as basketball, golf, and ultimate frisbee (its one of the best sports you will ever play!). I do not necessarily ever want to be in charge, but I love to be part of the action and help out in any way that I can. I am a kind person, but with being Greek and Mexican I have a bad temper if you get me angry enough. Well I guess thats about it. See ya in the skies!

Last edited by Greekjr14; 02-19-2010 at 04:50 AM.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:04 PM
Banned

Hello my name is Blue, or Henry in real life. Im an 11 year old, and
i discovered altitude from my brothers friend. Im a 4-9 boy
Anyway i love making people laugh (not the bad way)
My favorite band is Iron Maiden, or The Beatles.
Altitude is Fun, Just like COD MW2. But theres one thing I
want you to hear, my favorite poem.

Woe to You Oh Earth and Sea
for the Devil sends the beast with wrath
because he knows the time is short
Let him who have understanding
reckon the number of the beast
for it is a human number
its number is six hundred and sixty six.

I lived alone
my mind was blank
I needed time to think to get the memories from my mind

What did I see?
Could I believe?
That what I saw that night was real and not just fantasy

Just what I saw
in my old dreams
were they
reflections of my warped mind staring back at me?

'Cause in my dreams
it's always there
the evil face that twists my mind and brings me to despair

Night was black
was no use holding back
'Cause I just had to see
was someone watching me
In the mist
dark figures move and twist
was all this for real
or just some kind of hell
6-6-6 the Number of the Beast
Hell and fire was spawned to be released

Torches blazed and
sacred chants were phrased
as they start to cry
hands held to the sky
In the night
the fires are burning bright
the ritual has begun
Satan's work is done
Sacrifice is going on tonight

This can't go on
I must inform the law
Can this still be real
or just some crazy dream?
but I feel drawn
towards the chanting hordes
seem to mesmerise...can't avoid their eyes
6-6-6 the one for you and me

I'm coming back
I will return
And I'll possess your body
and I'll make you burn
I'll have the fire
I'll have the force
I'll have the power
to make my evil take its course

And My Favorite song is Number of the Beast But Heres My Theme Song

So Anyway Enjoin Altitude newcomers!!!

Last edited by Blue; 02-19-2010 at 02:09 PM.
Old 02-27-2010, 08:28 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to Demuyt

Hey everyone! My name is Nicolas and I am 14 years old!

I live in Belgium, a tiny tiny country in Europe well known (of course) for its

waffles, chocolates and for being the most rainy country in the world. People

speak French there. My nickname is Demuyt, and it is my old math teacher's

last name(I know it's stupid). People spell it wrong all the time!!

I have seen them all: Demu, demyut, dymet, no guys it's D-E-M-U-Y-T. The

teacher would not have liked it =P

I discovered Altitude last year on Apple.com as a 'top download'. Since then,

I'm addicted to it. My best plane is the biplane. I have also been working on

the laser lately but I kinda suck !

My plans for the future are:

-Become more comprehensive to EMP users!

-Take part in the awesome Altitude community!

-Become an "ace-rank-10"

I guess that's it!

See you on Altitude,

-Dem

Last edited by Demuyt; 04-13-2010 at 12:52 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:57 PM

Location: longest spear =====================================================================================>
Default Ninja

Sup all.
I've been playing alty for about 7-8 months. I've been thinking about posting here for a while but have put it off until I got to 4k exp. Please don't make fun of me, I'm not the best getting exp. Anyway, I got to 4k and am now posting here. My name is Sean (hence my forum name). I play as (whatever clan I'm in right now)NINJA{T}*SIU*. I founded WISC, whi8ch merged with Km, to form BM, then merged with NA to form NM, then I quit because we had no strategy. I joined SWN but quit after a while. I then joined back into Nm, which ad merged into DM.
That was my alty life. Now for MY life.
I am a 7th grader in California. I have straight A's! w00t! all my altitude time comes on the weekends because of the homework load. I am friends with nicholasy11 and CarmelFoxyness, who go to my school.

Will Edit later, teacher coming.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:08 PM
Super Moderator

Location: being a video game clan CEO is not that prestigious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
Sup all.

I founded WISC, whi8ch merged with Km, to form BM, then merged with NA to form NM, then I quit because we had no strategy.
[Aside: can we just direct new clan leaders to this post as a cautionary tale?]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
Will Edit later, teacher coming.
How did you know? Yep, I'm a teacher. Anyway, welcome! I appreciate that you took suggestions on your map contest thread to heart and that you also came up with a unique idea ("create a map from my drawing").

Last edited by tgleaf; 03-03-2010 at 09:11 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:23 PM

Default {ball*} Nikon

Hey Dudes! My name is Thomas. I live in the great land of Chicago.

I started playing altitude about a year ago, It was kind of crazy at first I didn't really know what was going on. I had the demo for quite a while and was playing bomber all the time until, What!! No more demo play? RGGHHH! so I couldn't play altitude for a while but once I bought it I joined {ball} and it is a GREAT team! And now Altitude is my favorite game by FAR. That's pretty much all I have to say about me playing altitude. My real life hobbies are (besides altitude)

Percussionist
Photographer
And I do a lot of designing and art.

See you in game!
Old 03-10-2010, 08:41 PM

Hey folks. Guess I'll just post in here since starting an entirely new thread just to say hi might, I dunno, be unnecessary enough to start World War 3 or something... :P

I got told about Altitude way back many moons ago from someone I knew in another game called Subspace (now known as Continuum; I ran a squad there called British Squad, for British people, weirdly enough, but that's an entirely different story). After the Steam sale last week, I couldn't really avoid checking the game out. Being honest I didn't even recognise it as the same game, it looked so pretty and shiny, and so different from the retro alpha all those years ago. But it plays exactly the same! And it's bloody awesome!

Seeing all these pro players around makes me realise just how much of a newbie I am for not buying this thing sooner... but anyway, a cheery wave to y'all and hope to catch you around the servers if my Internet stays working for long enough.

And where the hell is Denirex?!...
Old 03-24-2010, 06:36 PM

Hi,

My name is Marco and I'm a 34 years old software developer, living in Portugal, and I found out about altitude in october 2009 from an indiegames post.
I've been playing it since, under the nick GUI.tar. I started playing a lot with the recoiless biplane after reading "Recoilless Biplane Guide" by tyr. I can play reasonably every plane (yes, I read all the guides in the Guide section, even mirandas) except miranda which I don't like playing with, or playing against.

Each day I'm more of a fan of Altitude. I usualy play on Linux during lunch time at work and on a Mac at noon at home (GMT) .
Old 03-25-2010, 12:51 AM

Hi I am YorK. I am actually Kenny though. I have been playing for quite some time know but I am just now finding this thread, where we introduce ourselves?! So thats what I will do. I found this game back in September because our school handed out Macs so I found it and got it. I go to WestHampton Beach High School. All my school friends began playing (about 30 of us) and I made the clan WHB. I now realize that I am a complete NOOB because I have only been playing for like 7 months or so. I am a NOOB but I don't I play like one. I founded WHB and $E and now I play for KLF. I am 16 years of age and I get grounded all of the time.

I GAIN 2,000 XP EVERY HOUR.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:52 PM

sup.

i'm bruce willis, i play loopy.
i got this game when it was 2 bux on steam; best 2 bucks i've ever spent.
i hope to get into the competitive scene of this game, as i hope to do with any game i play.

a little more about the real me i guess:
i'm 16 and live on the east coast
i live in canada, but i was born in poland
i think the shift key is stupid
i play a lot of games; i was bouncing from game to game but i think altitude has its hooks in me, atleast till starcraft 2
i listen to a lot of electronica
i hope to actually become an electonica producer when i age, my backup plan is to go into game journalism, as the two most important things to me are music and games.

i'll see you around the 4ums
Old 04-25-2010, 05:40 PM

Hi everyone! Thank God I'm not the only one who's old in here. Anyway, I'm Dem alias Wall-Street-Guru cause I'm into finance. I recently got hooked in this game Altitude. I thought it's embarrassing for a 33-year old man to play kids' games but now I don't have to.
Old 04-25-2010, 06:10 PM

Hey guys,

My name is Dan. I am 22 years old. I live in Boston, MA. I'm a junior (year 4/5) at Northeastern University, and I'm studying for a Mechanical Engineering degree.

My main hobby is photography. I'm somewhat accomplished at it, and I've had photos published in the Boston Globe and National Geographic.

Hope to see all of you out there.
Old 04-25-2010, 07:33 PM

Hello everybody.

I am known by many names in game: B4llrog, Dermin4tor, Dominator4, etc. But most of the time I'm just D4rt. You probably know the name if you play a lot of BALL in the public servers or got your TBD ladder rating destroyed by me. I live in Finland, the land of imaginary polar bears.

I am also the much feared co-captain of {arr} Sky Pirates, the most savage, dishonorable and smelliest clan in Altitude. We'll pillage your base, steal your balls, and after that swarm your mumble channel and laugh our asses of. We are the Sky Pirates, claiming what is rightfully ours.

Just kidding, we are actually very nice guys.

My passion in life at the moment is Altitude, especially the BALL game mode. But I also want to expand to TBD, and hopefully take my beloved Crew with me. Being part of the first successful TBD + BALL clan is my biggest dream. What comes to greatest concerns, those would be the next generations gaming habits. Instead of starting with games that require skill, patience and planning (Runescape <3) their gaming is limited to Facebook-applications and Google Earth flight simulator. This is a menace that must be dealt with.

My first online game involving PvP was Runescape. The nickname D4rt was inspired by the only true long range weapon combat in the game... darts.

My main plane is loopy and I'm pretty 4wesome with it, at least in BALL. I'm also a good bomber and a decent HC biplane. My loopy KDR is pretty horrid but I'm working on it. I think my KDR from last month is a lot better than what the stats show overall. I was also the 5th to get ACE 10 (got almost all levels in 7v7, later 6v6, hardwall BALL server) and was top 10 in BALL ladder ratings basically the whole season 1 (5th being my highest position).

I hope we can all enjoy some great moments in Altitude. Y4rr!!!!
Old 04-25-2010, 08:18 PM

D4rt, somehow i really enjoyed reading that.
Old 05-08-2010, 04:11 PM

Default Just Hi!

So, Iīve been playing for a while and maybe some of you already saw me in game, iīve been also reading the forums for a while though' not posting.

From that moment on, iīll try to do it also.

Thatīs all, just wanted to say Hi everyone from Spain

EDIT: Thx to the moderatos who moved my wrong post, sorry again.

Quickly, I'm a 21 years old guy from the north of Spain, and i discovered the game trough a friend who was playing the demo. I joined him for some minutes and the enxt day i bought the game. In game I really like to play ball, mostly in {arr} servers where I already knew really nice guys Iīm love my lil' miranda with its laser, but I also like to play loopy or bomber sometimes when the matche request it. I barely play TBD since itīs not that fun to my eyes, but still funny.

I don' t want to be boring so thatīs the end

See you in game!

Last edited by Mo1; 05-08-2010 at 05:15 PM.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:39 PM

Hi there,

I have been playing for a few months now and maybe some of you already recognize me by either my name or sucky play (probably the latter). Have lurked around here for a while and since I still enjoy Altitude after all these months, I decided to register now.

Random facts:
a) I am probably one of the older folks here.
b) I actually bought Altitude three times. I gave on key to a friend and one to my girlfriend. You might see them online too every once in a while (hint: our usernames follow a pattern )

adios
Old 05-20-2010, 07:43 PM

Send a message via AIM to Ajuk999

Welcome to the Altitude Community Tom!
Old 05-21-2010, 02:14 AM

Hi all. Brand new, fly under the nick Unknown Target. 21 year old college student in NY; certified private pilot. Love airplanes, actually doing an internship at an aircraft startup this summer. Got the game in the Steam sale, it's a lot of fun, definitely a new laptop game for me. Glad to be here, cheers
Old 05-22-2010, 02:53 AM

I am a college student in the southern United States. found this game during the free weekend and will certainly buy it. I play under the name DrJordo673, shouldn't be too hard to figure out what my real name is. I put the "Dr" on my screen name because Jordo is usually taken.
Old 05-23-2010, 03:40 AM

So uhhh hi, my name is daButtah1. (Or at least that is what I am calling myself.) I am a student in USA and I just got Altitude, along with Steam for my mac a few days ago. My biggest hobbies are essentially music, and video games. My favorite bands are RADIOHEAD!!! Modest Mouse, Spoon, Coldplay, The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Led Zepplin, Ok Go...the list goes on.

My favorite games are the Super Smash Bros. Series, Uncharted 2, the Ratchet and Clank Series, Battlefield...ect. (And of course Altitude!)
Old 05-23-2010, 10:27 AM

I already posted mine, so I'll just re-post here.......

I'm Scott, 20, Irish, newish player. AKA celticfang in game

I'm job hunting and mixing Altitude in with lacrosse and horse riding, sadly there's no horse planes in Altitude yet :P I have a snarky and easy going attitude, and a sense of humour, so if you see me flying, I usually have chat turned off to concentrate, but feel free to send me a PM on here or on MSN/YIM/etc.

Okay, now what did you guys do to make Altitude so fun and addicting?! I often sit back in 1 life modes and watch or laugh at stuff going on. I'm none too shabby considering I only have sight in one eye and slowish reflexes. But I hang in there, stick it out. It's a blast.

The whole game is a CMOA (And I doubt any of you here are tropers), i.e. a crowning moment of awesome, yes there may be small issues, but why patch them, it's more about skill then using majorly OP'd planes. This isn't MW2, no cheap exploits here thank ya, just honest flying and shooting

Last edited by celticfang; 05-23-2010 at 10:30 AM.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:13 PM

So I'm not sure how much people actually use this thread, but I figure I might as well. I'm turkey_doug, I'm in college (majoring in CS, planning on going to grad school) and am just starting to get into computer games again for the first time since like middle school. Altitude seems pretty cool (though I can't say I'm too good at it yet) and I like the whole online competitive thing going on. I'll probably lay low in game for a while and try to level up so I can use some of the better perks I've seen in the various strategy guides, but eventually I hope to get into more serious games.

And I guess that's a wrap. Good hunting.