Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > General Altitude Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar

General Altitude Discussion Discuss anything Altitude related that doesn't belong in another forum.

Old 02-16-2011, 02:37 AM
Super Moderator

Default Wiki Completion Effort - CP Rewarded!

Wiki Completion Effort - General Information

After Flexio's fantastic idea of creating an Unofficial Guide to Altitude drew so much support, the wiki's finally nearing completion. I've been given the go-ahead from Karl and lamster to spearhead the project and to assign CP on a scaled basis proportional to each member's contributions. So let's get started!

What's in it for me?
  • It's a great way to contribute and show the developers of the game appreciation for the time and effort they put into building this community.
  • Community Points (CP) will be doled out at the end of the project or at logical intervals to maintain interest. Those who work harder and contribute more to the effort will receive significantly larger rewards. Wondering how you could go about getting those awesome skins you've always wanted? Here's a great way to do so and give back to the community at the same time!

I don't have a wiki account. How can I get one?
  • Post in this thread or shoot me a PM and I'll create you an account.
  • Anyone who currently has a wiki account can also create you one.

I'd like to help, but I've never edited a wiki before. Any pointers?
  • Getting used to wiki markup can seem like a daunting task at first but really isn't that bad. Check the quick-start guide here for more information.
  • Wikipedia also has an excellent tutorial on how stuff works here.
  • Before editing the wiki for the first time (or before making edits to existing pages), I'd recommend testing out your formatting in the Sandbox page. This lets you get a feel for how things will look without worrying about messing stuff up in the process. You can easily copy over your work when you're done.

There's so much to do. Where should I start?
  • That's the easy part! I've systematically gone through the wiki and compiled a TODO list that's posted below.
  • Items are organized by section; major revisions are starred. There are a lot of links so it shouldn't be hard to navigate to the page that needs editing.
  • If you see something else that needs doing, post here and I'll add it to the list.

I've done some work on the Wiki. How should I submit my contribution?
  • All you need to do is post in this thread! The first time you post, please include your in-game name and vapor ID as well as your contribution and I will add you to the list of contributors below.
  • For subsequent changes, just post your contribution and I'll add it to the list of things you've done.
  • If you create a new wiki page, please link to it so I can stay on top of where everything is!
  • As items are completed, I'll remove them from the TODO List so we can get a sense for what still needs to be done.
  • NOTE: You will only receive CP for stuff you post here. Don't expect me to read your mind and stay on top of what you've done unless you let me know.

The changes range from relatively minor to much larger suggested revisions. Don't be afraid to tackle the small stuff, or to break the bigger ones into chunks. Looking forward to seeing what we can accomplish!

Last edited by Pieface; 03-18-2011 at 06:09 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:39 AM
Super Moderator

Wiki TODO List
Server Manual
Official Maps
  • Upload and update page to reflect new official maps, especially the new players ones.

Map Editor General Information*
  • Rework “Other Functions” section to have subsections for each menu item, detailing the purpose and use of every one. Pay special attention to newer functions such as the “Mirror Map” and “Import Large PNG” ones.
  • Add information from Nikon’s Walkthrough – I’m going to create a new page for this as well but it couldn’t hurt to copy info over to the General Information section.
  • Discuss the ability to alter the properties of turrets; experiment in the editor to get a better idea for its possibilities/limitations
  • Try to work in most of the info included in the general category here – I’d prefer to have one general info page with this stuff than to put it on the category page for organization’s sake. Feel free to completely rewrite the page using assorted materials if you think it needs major adjustments. Maybe have one page for general information and another for “advanced” techniques such as textures, parallax, etc?
  • Link to the new map upload site

Loopy
  • Flesh out the General Overview section
  • Finish the Play Strategies section: preferably write a section about the loopy’s role in each main game mode (TBD, FFA, BALL, 1DM)

Bomber
  • Finish the Play Strategies section: preferably write a section about the bomber’s role in each main game mode (TBD, FFA, BALL, 1DM)

Explodet
Biplane
  • Finish the Play Strategies section: preferably write a section about the biplane’s role in each main game mode (TBD, FFA, BALL, 1DM)

Miranda
  • Finish the Play Strategies section: preferably write a section about the miranda’s role in each main game mode (TBD, FFA, BALL, 1DM)

Red Perks
  • Rewrite each plane's introduction since they've been copied for use on the respective general overview pages
* Larger-scale items that may require significantly more work

Last edited by Pieface; 08-23-2011 at 11:25 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:40 AM
Super Moderator

Wiki TODO List (Continued)
Game Modes*
  • The BALL section is a good model for how all of these should look. Try to keep them all in the same format, with Overview, Play Strategies, and Plane Roles sections. Specific considerations for each page are as follows:
    1. TBD – Shift the information in the Play Strategies section to a new Plane Roles section. Add specific information about offense and defense to the Play Strategies section.
    2. TDM – Add a section discussing Plane Roles
    3. FFA – Add a section outlining strategies for each plane (Plane Roles). Since it’s not a team game, these can be relatively short and simply mention which planes work best for FFA and why. Link back to the planes’ respective pages.
    4. 1DE – Add a section on Plane Roles. Since the game mode’s not played very often feel free to speculate or write about what you believe would be the best setup theoretically.
    5. 1DM – Shift the current Plane Variety sections to a new Plane Roles section. Add something about general 1DM Play Strategies (sticking with the team, powerup control, etc). Write about the Miranda’s role in 1DM (the rest are already basically done).
    6. 1BD – Add a section discussing Plane Roles.

Leagues*
  • The BALL Leagues category is pretty much empty right now. Create new pages for the following, using the most recent APL page for inspiration. Good sections to write about: a general overview, rules, map list, schedule for each week and results, playoffs. Obviously these will take more time, but even getting the pages started would be great. One’s already been started – someone with experience in ball needs to identify which league this is and move it to a page reflecting the appropriate season [For example, Sky League 2010 (Season 2)]. We need new pages for each of the following (and any more recent ones as well):
    1. Sky League Season 1
    2. Sky League Season 2
  • The APL5 page needs its Schedule tables to be filled in and needs a playoff bracket image as well.

Unofficial Guide to Altitude
  • Plane Selection – Upload a new file to replace the picture here that shows each plane slot with their default values
  • Maps – Insert information from the more advanced sections on mapmaking found here (parallax, textures, etc.), or at least link to them!
  • Forums – differentiate between the “Altitude Support” and “Altitude Discussion” sections. Categorize the subforums in terms of these and describe the main difference (looser moderation in lower sections, devs mainly read upper ones, etc.)
  • Ladder Perk Setups – Create new pictures or edit old ones so “Ultracapacitator” isn’t misspelled. You can even copy and paste the text from the first image to the others if you’d like, so long as it looks good and is spelled correctly.
  • Volunteers/Developers’ Helpers – Make sure everyone mentioned in the official credits is also mentioned here.
  • “Famous” Players – Flesh out this section – there are plenty of notable people around here! For example, tgleaf helped found the competitive ball scene.
  • Add section on server configuration + launching, maybe under/above the Maps section?

History/Progression
  • Dates for beginning of beta phase + launch of forums, website and wiki, launch date of actual game.
    1. nimblygames.com registered March 10, 2008
    2. Forum launched April 27, 2008
    3. First beta key distributed January 14, 2009
    4. altitudegame.com registered February 2, 2009
    5. Wiki launched March 14, 2009
    6. Full game launched May 1, 2009
    7. Apple launch July 2009
    8. Steam launch December 4, 2009
  • Discuss launch on the Apple Downloads site, emphasis on increasing player base
  • Discuss the launch of alti on Steam and major dates that reintroduced it to the steam community such as free weekends + sales, emphasis on increasing player base. You can find relevant steam dates here.

Reception/Impact
  • Here would be a great place to talk about the various recognition Nimbly’s gotten, including being nominated for the PAX10 (pictures here) and the 2010 IGC in which they won awards for technical excellence and most supportive fans. The official Wikipedia page has some more information on this.
  • Discuss the several TL Leagues they sponsored concisely.
* Larger-scale items that may require significantly more work

Last edited by Pieface; 07-26-2011 at 04:31 AM.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:15 PM
Super Moderator

Wiki TODO List (Continued)
Miscellaneous Edits
  • Write something up for the Community Portal page – no idea what this is supposed to be but maybe talk about how you can contribute to the community? Links to the forums, map-uploading site, etc. would be great.
  • Add content to the privacy policy page accessible from the bottom of the main site – something about the account information being safe in the hands of the Administrators and that any personal info posted on the wiki will be promptly deleted and the editor banned from further contributions. Here’s an example of a privacy policy page that would have way too much information.
  • Add content to the disclaimer page accessible from the bottom of the main site – something about Nimbly Games not being associated with the wiki editors and how any viewpoints expressed are not necessarily condoned by the developers. This and the Privacy Policy should be written in clear English that reflects their official nature. Here’s a good example – if you want you can basically copy and modify it to fit our purposes.
  • Add content to the About page accessible from the bottom of the main site – something about the purpose of the wiki and the steps one should take to obtain an account (PM me, tgleaf, mikesol, or anyone else with a wiki account on the forums).
  • Add a short description to the beginning of all category pages.
  • Suggest layouts for the navigation bar (left side) in this thread – once other edits are made it will be getting a makeover as well.

Smaller Edits (and nitpicks)
  • Looks over existing pages for typos
  • Remove first-person + passive voice from pages to maintain good writing style
  • Add links to sections of other pages to existing ones
  • Add links to related forum threads concerning each page
  • Redirect common search terms to their respective pages by creating new pages with the title of the term and the #REDIRECT function. For example, the “CP” page only consists of the text “#REDIRECT [[Community Points and Skins]]” – when someone searches for “CP” in the query bar they are automatically taken to the correct page.

Last edited by Pieface; 07-27-2011 at 07:55 AM.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:50 AM
Super Moderator

Contribution List

Forum Name: leggomyeggo
In-game Name: {ball}LeggoMyEggo
Vapor ID: c8aa9606-6849-4bde-8f0c-699bfb983be3
Contributions:
Forum Name: Wok3n^
In-game Name: [FRO]&Wok3N&
Vapor ID: c3c59e15-aeea-44c6-a9b2-f6131113ed55
Contributions:
Forum Name: Sean
In-game Name: o[_] Sean (Bad)
Vapor ID: dca109a0-1c71-4bb2-9b4f-8e2e7145ab16
Contributions:
  • Added content to the Help page

Forum name: vintage
In-game name: [g6] vintage
VaporID: abd33032-f948-481d-b907-f86a770cd1d9
Contributions:
  • Fixed the formatting of the Official Maps 1DE section
  • Added 1dm_asteroids2, 1dm_cave2, 1dm_mayhem2, and ffa_tutorial_cave to the Official Maps page
  • Added a picture for the already existing ball_hardcourt.altx
  • Added Community Maps: tdm_cube.altx, ffa_hex.altx, ffa_my_first_map_parallax.altx
  • Modified Plane Stats table, split it into linkable sections for each plane, and linked from each plane's wiki page. Later filled it in with more info + made it prettier

Forum name: [Y]
In-game name: IL|Syncope
VaporID: b95d5a5f-a8cc-43d7-82c5-98cce9767295
Contributions:
  • Edited overview, rewrote Rubber Hull and Heavy Armor sections of Green Perks page
  • Consolidated general info + play strategies into one main Loopy page, rewrote overview, TBD + FFA, added 1DM
  • Consolidated general info + play strategies into one main Bomber, Explodet, Biplane, and Miranda page
  • Created a page for Fan Art + filled it in with content
  • Did a large amount of work designing the new main page of the wiki.

Forum name: mled
In-game name: [PR]mled
VaporID: 9fe7301b-ef47-489e-b34a-32a64e1e641e
Contributions:
Forum name: ModernArcher
In-game name: TaG|ModernArcher
VaporID: 8f7eef5f-4126-4f4b-9558-29d8df084755
Contributions:
  • Created Forum Guides page with links to all official guides.

Forum Name: Blue
In-game Name: (BAD)Blue
Vapor ID: 66d1c18e-f580-48da-afb4-c271e8c44be1
Contributions:
  • Added a few sentences to the BALL page + clarified neutral bomb section of TBD page

Forum Name: blocknight
In-game Name: (BAD) Blocknight
Vapor ID: 9af4b14a-c2f8-4e9b-afcc-4edcd1eeae46
Contributions:
Forum Name: bitabur
In-game Name: (BAD)bitabur
Vapor ID: f02ccc04-982b-4d07-b683-cbbff0c91364
Contributions:
  • Created a description for the Ball section of the Powerups page.

Forum Name: Kennedy
In-game Name: [PR]BooksmartDevil
Vapor ID: f0815906-5a2b-4eba-bc6e-ea7092f37cfb
Contributions:
  • Compiled, formatted, translated, and posted information on Plane Statistics from notepad to excel to the wiki.

Forum Name: XX1
In-game Name: XX2
Vapor ID: d8330656-041c-4d94-821d-1b6a9332ef63
Contributions:
Forum Name: Greekjr14
In-game Name: Genesis
Vapor ID: a1f478fa-5a99-4fee-857e-9eb60cbd720e
Contributions:
Forum name: MajorPayne257
In-game name: AH| Payne
VaporID: 0f8fecd6-69fb-46ae-880d-dd89092ae29e
Contributions:
  • Completed Sky League 2011 (Season 3) page.
  • Edited grammar, added information, and created wikilinks to other pages on the Loopy site.

Forum name: Disilord
In-game name: Disilord
VaporID: f6ad6383-ed66-414e-808e-28682cc1c4ec
Contributions:
  • Wrote the 1DM miranda section.

Last edited by Pieface; 11-01-2011 at 06:46 AM.
Old 02-19-2011, 04:14 AM

Location: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l76jo1xRKb1qbe82eo1_500.jpg

Forum Name: leggomyeggo
In-game Name: {ball}LeggoMyEggo
Vapor ID: c8aa9606-6849-4bde-8f0c-699bfb983be3
Contributions: Compiled a complete list of updates and patches on the wiki (http://nimblygames.com/wiki/index.ph...es_and_patches)

So uhh, accidently emailed this to the nimbly games email.. Mbmb. Didn't realize we were posting instead of emailing this time.

Karlam: feel free to completely ignore my email
Old 02-19-2011, 04:35 PM

Can I do the bomber portion and could we also add a different section for each plane titled "plane movement"?

What I mean by plane movement is how a plane should flow and how to shoot and take corner, if that makes sense...
Old 02-19-2011, 06:56 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah, go ahead and do whatever sections of the TODO list you'd like! Also feel free to add any extra information you feel would be appropriate. As far as plane movement goes, maybe add it to the Bomber Play Strategies page? Seems like that would be a good place to add it.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:57 PM
Super Moderator

I just edited the Explodet play strategies section as requested. I also added the shield/missile/wall powerups.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:41 PM

When you try to download tdm_pyramid.altx from the community maps page it links to ball_laserquest.altx. This should be an easy fix for anyone with a wiki account.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:09 PM
Super Moderator

Updated TODO + Contributions lists, fixed broken download link for tdm_pyramid.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:24 PM

Location: longest spear =====================================================================================>

Just did the help page with everything Pieface suggested...How to get an account...how to edit...where to find the sandbox...Should I put my info up now...or wait a bit??? Anyway...I think that the help could be worked on a little more, but I can't think of anything more to put in it.

EDIT: I'll put my info up now, regardless.

Forum Name: Sean
In-game Name: o[_] Sean (Bad)
Vapor ID: dca109a0-1c71-4bb2-9b4f-8e2e7145ab16
Contributions:
  • Made 'Help' page

Last edited by Sean; 02-19-2011 at 10:28 PM.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:26 AM

Forum name: vintage
In-game name: [g6] vintage
VaporID: abd33032-f948-481d-b907-f86a770cd1d9
Contributions:
  • Fixed the formatting of Official Maps 1DE
  • Added to Official Maps: 1dm_asteroids2, 1dm_cave2, 1dm_mayhem2, ffa_tutorial_cave

Pieface:
  • Please check the formatting. I'm like 95% sure that's it is correct, but a double check would be nice.
  • In order to do this I uploaded 7 files. In the process, I added descriptions to these files. This doesn't seem to be the norm, so feel free to remove these if you want, but I couldn't find a way to edit them. Is there a way to edit them?
  • The three 1dm maps were uploaded despite being duplicates of files already uploaded by Nesnl. However, he named the files 1dm_xxx1.altx instead of 1dm_xxx2.altx. So, for clarity I continued with the upload despite the duplication. After a quick check there were no pages that linked to Nesnl's uploaded files. So, if you do delete files I suggest deleting his or else you'll need to change the links on the Official Map's page.
  • I tested out the links and they download/display just fine. Again, a double check would be prudent.
  • To make the .png files I used the map editor and then exported a collapsed screenshot. This seemed fine for 1dm_asteroids2 and 1dm_cave2 and 1dm_mayhem2, but ffa_tutorial_cave has some very fine lines that seem out of place.
  • I was going to add the .png file for Community Maps ball_hardcourt, but the exported .png file was really terrible. Perhaps I don't have the necessary resources for downloaded maps? Is there a more elegant way to create the .png files?

EDIT:
This part is entirely unrelated to my contributions, but I'm curious about the Community Maps. You want us to add maps that we may have that aren't currently on the page. Does this include files that have already been uploaded? For instance, in 2009 Karl uploaded Ffa_hex.altx by Eso which seems like a perfectly fine map after about 5 minutes of playing it against bots.

Last edited by vintage; 02-20-2011 at 12:30 AM.
Old 02-20-2011, 04:46 AM

Location: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l76jo1xRKb1qbe82eo1_500.jpg

Created the page Skins and added a screenshot of the available skins.

^I think it's enough information about them, but can someone check and see if I did enough? If not, let me know and I'll re-work some information into it.
Old 02-20-2011, 05:00 AM

Location: longest spear =====================================================================================>

I found something. In the fourth line from the bottom, there is a typo. Where the word should be 'lit', and instead, you wrote 'lighted'. Just saying. Don't have enough time to do it on my own.

Last edited by Sean; 02-20-2011 at 06:58 AM. Reason: typo
Old 02-20-2011, 05:01 AM
Super Moderator

Updated Contributions + TODO lists as of vintage's posts (I'll get to leggo's tomorrow).

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintage View Post
Please check the formatting.
Looks great!

Quote:
In the process, I added descriptions to these files ... Is there a way to edit them?
The comments only display on the file's page and serve as a general description. I think the only way to edit them is to upload a new version of the file, so don't worry about it.

Quote:
After a quick check there were no pages that linked to Nesnl's uploaded files. So, if you do delete files I suggest deleting his or else you'll need to change the links on the Official Map's page.
Duly noted, I'll look through abandoned uploaded files and delete the ones not in use tomorrow.

Quote:
To make the .png files I used the map editor and then exported a collapsed screenshot ... ffa_tutorial_cave has some very fine lines that seem out of place.
Strange. To be honest, I've had more success just turning on parallax layers in the map editor and switching off labels, then taking a normal screenshot of the program.

Quote:
I was going to add the .png file for Community Maps ball_hardcourt, but the exported .png file was really terrible ... Is there a more elegant way to create the .png files?
See above, that's the way I normally do it. The built-in export function still seems to be a bit buggy.

Quote:
Does this include files that have already been uploaded? For instance, in 2009 Karl uploaded Ffa_hex.altx by Eso which seems like a perfectly fine map after about 5 minutes of playing it against bots.
Ideally the Community Maps page would contain all maps ever created (and decent to play) that are not on the official list. Feel free to use previously uploaded files when formatting it.
Old 02-20-2011, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieface View Post
Strange. To be honest, I've had more success just turning on parallax layers in the map editor and switching off labels, then taking a normal screenshot of the program.
Thanks for the info. I'll give your method of creating the .png files a shot and see how it goes.

Quote:
Duly noted, I'll look through abandoned uploaded files and delete the ones not in use tomorrow.
Cool, but don't go crazy and delete everything that isn't currently linked to a page. Some of those files are probably worth keeping. For instance, I plan on using some of the old maps that aren't currently linked for the Community Maps page. Not to mentioned downloading and playing them.

EDIT:
So, your method for creating the .png files did work for ball_hardcourt.altx, but it just made the lines on ffa_tutorial_cave.altx more pronounced. If you have time, take a look and see if it does that for you as well. I'm done adding maps, but it would obviously be nice to make those images cleaner looking.

Also, contributions:
  • Added a picture for the already existing ball_hardcourt.altx
  • Added Community Maps: tdm_cube.altx, ffa_hex.altx, ffa_my_first_map_parallax.altx (lol)
  • Modified Plane Stats to use a pretty table, split the table into linkable sections for each plane, and linked from each plane's wiki page. Note: I threw the links in to each plane's wiki page in a standard way which was fairly visually appealing, but if you have a better format in mind then make changes as you see fit.

Yeah, I think that's all the contributions I'm gonna make. Nothing else jumps out as a fun coding exercise, just mostly writing words or linking to things. Certainly nothing else says "do at your own risk". Besides, I've already spent like 6 hours on this and I have finals next week. So, yeah, no more procrastinating. Well... no more procrastinating on the wiki at least.

Last edited by vintage; 02-20-2011 at 09:17 AM.
Old 02-20-2011, 06:22 PM

Imo im gona add a little section about BOMB and BALL icons offscreen?
Old 02-21-2011, 12:08 AM
Super Moderator

Updated the Contributions + TODO lists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mled View Post
Imo im gona add a little section about BOMB and BALL icons offscreen?
Good idea. I'd add that information to the Power Ups sections for the Ball, Bomb, and Demolition Charge. I'll also add it to the TODO list. I've noticed you've done a bunch of stuff on the wiki so far - make sure to post your contributions in this thread so I can keep track of them!

Quote:
Yeah, I think that's all the contributions I'm gonna make. Nothing else jumps out as a fun coding exercise, just mostly writing words or linking to things. Certainly nothing else says "do at your own risk". Besides, I've already spent like 6 hours on this and I have finals next week. So, yeah, no more procrastinating. Well... no more procrastinating on the wiki at least.
Thanks for your help so far - everything you've done looks polished and great. Good luck on finals! If you're interested in undertaking another coding project when you have time I'm planning to redesign the layout of the main page after the TODO list is completed. It should require a bunch of work with HTML (or wiki pipe-syntax markup) and I'd appreciate the guidance since I'm not an expert at this stuff.
Old 02-21-2011, 12:23 AM

IGN: IL|Syncope
Vapor: b95d5a5f-a8cc-43d7-82c5-98cce9767295

Rewrote the rubber hull section and edited the overview. Will post if I get around to doing the rest of the green perks.

edit: Rewrote heavy armor as well.

Can we consolidate pages so that each plane gets one page instead of 3?

Last edited by [Y]; 02-21-2011 at 12:44 AM.
Old 02-21-2011, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Updated the Contributions + TODO lists.

Good idea. I'd add that information to the Power Ups sections for the Ball, Bomb, and Demolition Charge. I'll also add it to the TODO list. I've noticed you've done a bunch of stuff on the wiki so far - make sure to post your contributions in this thread so I can keep track of them!

Ya i just find it pointless to flood the thread every-time i do something. After all i will be doing very much to the wiki.
Old 02-21-2011, 01:49 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mled View Post
Ya i just find it pointless to flood the thread every-time i do something. After all i will be doing very much to the wiki.
That's fine. But make sure to post whenever you complete an item on the TODO list so others know what still needs to be done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Y] View Post
Can we consolidate pages so that each plane gets one page instead of 3?
We could, but to be honest I'd rather not. The way the current category hierarchy in the wiki is organized would take a lot of work to change completely, and I don't think it's a big deal to have the pages split up as long as we have one overarching category for each plane and each page links to the others. If you really think it would make more sense to do it that way rather than have a couple different pages all under a broader "Loopy" category then we could try it.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:44 AM

Quote:
That's fine. But make sure to post whenever you complete an item on the TODO list so others know what still needs to be done!
Oh ok nvm..

IGN: [PR]mled
Vapor: 9fe7301b-ef47-489e-b34a-32a64e1e641e

Whats been done: (So far) Please Do Not Write things that i have begun and plan to finish soon. I.E loopy part on how to combat each plane.

Loopy Play Strategies ‎ (→TBD) (top)
Loopy Play Strategies ‎ (→TBD)
Biplane Play Strategies ‎ (→TBD) (top)
BALL ‎ (→Play Strategies) (top)
Bomber Play Strategies ‎ (→BALL) (top)
Bomber Game Play Modes ‎ (→Bombs) (top)
Bomber Game Play Modes ‎ (→Bombs)
Biplane Play Strategies ‎ (→TBD)
Loopy Play Strategies ‎ (→BALL)
Loopy Play Strategies ‎
Loopy General Overview ‎ (→Tips) (top)
Loopy General Overview ‎ (→Tips)
General Game Information ‎ (→Veteran Bars) (top)
Bomber Game Play Modes ‎ (→Suppressor)
Bomber Game Play Modes ‎ (→Suppressor)
Bomber General Overview ‎ (→Tips)
Bomber General Overview

Most of these are paragraph extensions, Section additions, and some just sentence add ons.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:55 AM

I just think it's a good idea to have plane info in one article rather than scattered around 3. On that note, I've finished consolidating the Loopy article, found here.

Brought the things over from the three loopy articles, cut/trimmed some stuff, rewrote the overview, tbd and ffa strategies, added the 1dm strategy section, and did some minor editing in the tips section.

I'll do the other planes if we're going ahead with the one-article-per-plane thing. Also proposing that red perks have their own article with separate sections for each plane's red perks. If no one objects I'll get to that tomorrow.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:11 AM

If you've got time, id love an account. i have some things id like to add
Old 02-21-2011, 03:25 AM
Super Moderator

Yeah, I think that looks good. Make sure you work with mled so that stuff added recently to the Play Strategies page isn't looked over in creating the all-in-one Loopy page. I'll try to update the TODO List to reflect where the new stuff should go sometime soon.

Also think it's a good idea to consolidate the red perks into one page and leave the plane-specific ones to talk about their roles in general.

Last edited by Pieface; 02-21-2011 at 03:54 AM.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:24 PM

Main bomber and explodet articles are up.

It is possible change article names, right?
Old 02-22-2011, 02:24 AM

...right?

guys?

Anyways, new article Fan Art is up. Lemme know if I missed any pics (preferably embeded in a PM).
Old 02-22-2011, 03:39 AM
Super Moderator

You can't change the names of pages, but you can move them to a page with a new name and delete/redirect the old page.

Updated contributions list.

Last edited by Pieface; 02-22-2011 at 03:51 AM.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:46 PM

i added a page called Community guides, but i don't really know what i did wrong. it wont show up under the community section even thought i did the [[category Community]] thing, so the only way to reach it is to actually click the word 'community' from main wiki page. if someone would kindly fix that, vie been searching and i cant figure out how thx
Old 02-23-2011, 10:29 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to Demuyt

Quote:
...right?

guys?

Anyways, new article Fan Art is up. Lemme know if I missed any pics (preferably embeded in a PM).
hahahaha that's awesome you put mine
Old 02-23-2011, 11:03 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernArcher View Post
i added a page called Community guides, but i don't really know what i did wrong. it wont show up under the community section even thought i did the [[category Community]] thing, so the only way to reach it is to actually click the word 'community' from main wiki page
The problem was that you edited the actual Community category instead of creating a new page and then placing it in that category. I moved the info over for you and edited the main page HTML so it displays in the correct place.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:25 AM

Ya il continue my work soon just hit some life problems.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:29 AM

Reporting changes:

rewrote biplane tips section

Miranda article is up, edited overview and tips, rewrote weapons overview
Old 02-24-2011, 03:46 AM

Quote:
The problem was that you edited the actual Community category instead of creating a new page and then placing it in that category. I moved the info over for you and edited the main page HTML so it displays in the correct place.
Thanks a million, Pie!
Old 02-24-2011, 04:56 AM

Send a message via AIM to Ajuk999

Quote:
...right?

guys?

Lol if your doing team images, you might as well do the 20 banners I made for AH over the past few months.

What about the banner I made for "Ready For Takeoff"?

Nice work btw, I forgot I made that one banner.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:02 PM

just taken from the loopy section:
Quote:
Always cover the base while spamming your EMP/Acid and loopy missiles the enemy bomb carrier.
Light planes should be the ones flanking while heavy planes should cover the base.

Ill finish the loopy perk section now that i have some time.
Old 02-26-2011, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
just taken from the loopy section:
Light planes should be the ones flanking while heavy planes should cover the base.

Ill finish the loopy perk section now that i have some time.
I thought i said when you ALONE.
If u flank while ur alone against a runner or ur alone against 2 people flanking will give them a certain base hit.

Come on Andy
Old 03-03-2011, 05:23 AM

I'm new to editing wiki pages. But I have some stuff I could write.

Is it possible to add "tips 'n tricks" sections to plane pages?
Old 03-03-2011, 08:49 AM
Administrator

About the main page... Feel free to convert it to Wiki formatting magic instead of the current HTML. I simply used HTML cause that's what I know and I thought I was going to be the primary editor of the site, which thank fully is no longer the case. You guys are doing an amazing job. Thanks for all the hard work.