Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Ladder Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar

Ladder Discussion Everything related to altitudeladder.com and the ladder servers goes here.

Old 03-18-2016, 01:24 AM

Powerup locations on cloud updated and starting ball spawn moved. See original post for screenshot.

Empire updated again. Objects in the center are about the same but I have adjusted the under spawn & goal areas to simplify the map and make it less cramped. The width was reduced 100 pixels (latest was 3200 and original was 3000), but it is now slightly taller. See original post for screenshot.

Warehouse updated to open up some space as shown below. Most likely this or very similar will be the version used for SL funday. Still slight chance I go back to original, but this should at least be somewhat of an improvement.

It does not seem that carpia will be ready by the time ladder starts today. Hopefully I will be able have it ready a few hours after ladder starts.

Ladder is now in full Funday mode as most funday maps have increased in probability and maps not being played in SL this week were decreased.

Last edited by VAN1SH1NG; 03-18-2016 at 07:10 PM.
Old 03-19-2016, 02:20 AM

It seemed like carpia was not going to be a great ball map using the original non-ball friendly object set. Here is the new redesigned version:

Old 03-19-2016, 08:31 AM

Carpia looked decent from watching in played from spec a few games. A couple changes were made to the bottom mid area to encourage more use of the mid-low route and less of the very bottom area. The background was also made darker to make powerups easier to see. Updated screenshot above.

The hp icons on gears were replaced with the repair symbol.

I am hoping no changes will need to be made tomorrow or at least they can be done early enough to have at least one game played on them. I really don't want to put a completely untested map on league servers even if the change is extremely small.

I still haven't had a chance to play the latest cloud but I suppose the current version will have to do for SL. empire remains the biggest question since the new layout did not get played today. I will probably have to increase the probability to make sure it is played at least a couple times.
Old 03-26-2016, 04:19 AM

#bringbackgreycomb
Old 04-05-2016, 10:58 PM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

i think eidum has that map editor bug from where you flipped the map bc i shot a miranda shot at the top middle and it bounced right back at me
Old 06-03-2016, 12:33 PM

I know you are about to end the season some time this month, but is there a chance that next season can include some of my newer maps? I wouldn't be too sad if Carpia or Edium had to be cut to make room. I feel like Geometry is solid, as is Cloud.

ball_altitude
I've tested the most recent version with other people now for about a week and so far I've only had good feedback. I have a feeling it could be an instant classic if you give it a chance.

ball_desert
It needs a little bit more testing before I'd be comfortable with it in ladder, but it's almost there. Fart helped design layout and I made it happen in editor.

ball_cityscape
I really like this one and feel sad it never got to see any ladder games. It may need some more testing as well with full teams of human players, but its very close to being ready.

I'll put all of them on Map QA server for now

Last edited by Oyster; 06-03-2016 at 01:03 PM.