Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Ladder Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar

Ladder Discussion Everything related to altitudeladder.com and the ladder servers goes here.

Old 02-11-2017, 12:28 AM

Default #UNBAN DON - Admin Abuse by Slender

Hi guys!

As you all know, we love and hate the Donno, and he did nothing wrong. He said "Im going to throw all the games and play Randa". He actually did play Randa, but did NOT throw. Eventually everyone said ban him, and he got banned.

THIS IS NOT RIGHT. There are rules in bladder, which were thrown to the garbage and kicked with slender's feet.

It can't be bannable to play a certain plane and be bad at it.

We all have to stay united and strong here, because tonight great unfairness happened and we have to watch out for our rights, so this is not becoming a playing field for angry admins.

BR,
Plauze
Old 02-11-2017, 12:48 AM

Default #UNBAN PLAUZO (Admin Abuse)

So I got banned too for playing randa, although I tried very hard. This clearly is admin abuse and we cannot tolerate this.

One game I scored 3 times we won, alll good. The next game we lost 1-6 although I tried, and I got banned.

Last edited by Plauze; 02-11-2017 at 12:56 AM.
Old 02-11-2017, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plauze View Post

He said "Im going to throw all the games and play Randa". He actually did play Randa

Plauze
Can't blame slender for assuming that he was throwing after saying this though, can you?

I wasn't there though, so its hard for me to judge..

I think simply PMing an admin on discord, forums, telegram or in-game is a better option rather than posting this on the forums..

Last edited by BrandonL; 02-11-2017 at 08:09 AM.
Old 02-11-2017, 10:36 AM

but why ban plauzo? his randa is not as bad... so sad
Old 02-11-2017, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonL View Post
Can't blame slender for assuming that he was throwing after saying this though, can you?

I wasn't there though, so its hard for me to judge..

I think simply PMing an admin on discord, forums, telegram or in-game is a better option rather than posting this on the forums..
we told them that don tried play hes best with the plane for the rest of that evening

wish u all a nice weekend since im postin here anyway
Old 02-11-2017, 03:06 PM

Oh yes i do love altitude drama, mmmm tasty, lemme add to it

If your going to ban someone for essentially playing a plane badly, you might as well ban 100% of bronze players, at least 99% of silver tier players and 90% of gold tier players

Old 02-11-2017, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Can blame slender for not assuming that he wasn't throwing after saying this though.
^^Fixed it

We all know Don, and he would never play to lose a game even if he say so. Do we have to take seriously all the things people wrote? Never heard about Humor?
Why has Plauzo been banned?? Fluffy said enough about this. I can write a list of people who should be banned if being bad its a good reason.
Old 02-11-2017, 05:37 PM

Quote:
So I got banned too for playing randa, although I tried very hard. This clearly is admin abuse and we cannot tolerate this.

One game I scored 3 times we won, alll good. The next game we lost 1-6 although I tried, and I got banned.
Kind of like showboating, probably not going to be banned if you succeed. However, if you play Randa ONLY because don got banned and then lose 1-6, play terrible, screw up your team's comp by being a useless 2nd Randa, and then right after the game say "dat balance though" it is certainly ban worthy. I don't care if you "try" if all the above is true.

And a few games earlier there was one team playing with 4 randas, 2 or 3 of which really should have been banned after that game if it wouldn't have killed ladder.

The bottom line is we might tolerate some things a little more earlier in the season. But during the last few days of a season we are going to try to make sure players trying to improve their ranking have decent games.
Old 02-11-2017, 07:29 PM

If people would just play the planes that they are good at, there wouldn't be a problem. Also, rule #13 states: "Any activity not listed above that can cause a negative experience for others while playing ladder." If Slender, or any Admin makes a decision and bans, then respect it. There's a reason we have Admins in the first place.
Old 02-11-2017, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutal View Post
If people would just play the planes that they are good at, there wouldn't be a problem. Also, rule #13 states: "Any activity not listed above that can cause a negative experience for others while playing ladder." If Slender, or any Admin makes a decision and bans, then respect it. There's a reason we have Admins in the first place.
So if for example i would like to play a game biplane i shouldnt because i'm better in loopy? And what with people that are just bad with all planes?
People should be free to play what they want till they dont throw games, and we always left people free to do so, till today. I don't think you made a smart move making the bans, but probally you don't care about coherence. Creating a precident on people playing randa and getting banned can be a boomerang. Should we start asking bans to all the people that play a plane they are bad at?

And the #13 it's based on personal interpretation and it's not objective, its made to make unfair bans more fair, u can admit it. A negative experience doesn't mean anything, a lose can be a negative experience.

If you want i can tell you a couple of negative experience i had in ladder, with juin rev hc, oyster randa not answering to teamates etc etc but i don't think they got banned.
What i always asked it's just some coherence on the bans, i respect your opinions but you should respect more others too.
Old 02-11-2017, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomato man View Post
So if for example i would like to play a game biplane i shouldnt because i'm better in loopy? And what with people that are just bad with all planes?
People should be free to play what they want till they dont throw games, and we always left people free to do so, till today. I don't think you made a smart move making the bans, but probally you don't care about coherence. Creating a precident on people playing randa and getting banned can be a boomerang. Should we start asking bans to all the people that play a plane they are bad at?

And the #13 it's based on personal interpretation and it's not objective, its made to make unfair bans more fair, u can admit it. A negative experience doesn't mean anything, a lose can be a negative experience.

If you want i can tell you a couple of negative experience i had in ladder, with juin rev hc, oyster randa not answering to teamates etc etc but i don't think they got banned.
What i always asked it's just some coherence on the bans, i respect your opinions but you should respect more others too.
I get your point but players like Don that have played the game for a long time should know the rules. He also hates losing. So he plays his best plane. He plays the plane that benefits his team comp wise too. Please don't try to argue that. I never said people shouldn't be able to play planes.
Old 02-12-2017, 05:25 AM

Quote:
"Im going to throw all the games and play Randa"
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN1SH1NG View Post
Kind of like showboating, probably not going to be banned if you succeed. However, if you play Randa ONLY because don got banned and then lose 1-6, play terrible, screw up your team's comp by being a useless 2nd Randa, and then right after the game say "dat balance though" it is certainly ban worthy. I don't care if you "try" if all the above is true.
Oh, so this is exactly like all the times I brought to your attention, and the attention of other admins, Jaxx; fluffy; Raja; and para saying they're going to throw games when they're on my team and then them throwing games. Or like the times when I brought to your attention Squirtle, Caped, and others playing bip at the start of the season; asking them to switch to their main plane when we're down a couple goals to fix the comp, only to have them say, "I'm not switching," and losing the game because of it. Or the times that Jaxx, and others, have decided to spin around, land on the post of the goal, and die with the ball which ends up giving it to the other team. Or people switching to rev randa, grabbing the ball, and revving into the enemies giving the ball over to them. Or a randa grabbing the ball and tossing it backwards towards their own goal when no one is back only to die and have the enemy score. Do I need to go on about all the other things that I brought to your attention yet was ignored?

There's a reason I only come online on Sundays.
Old 02-12-2017, 07:36 AM

Certainly not ignored, but often difficult to ban for without an admin seeing it happen and it being obvious. Also as I said some things that might be tolerated earlier in the season won't be in the final days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winters Ark View Post
Jaxx; fluffy; Raja; and para saying they're going to throw games when they're on my team and then them throwing games.
Never could tell for sure there was throwing. Most likely some players were guilty of this, but unfortunately often difficult to ban without being certain throwing is occurring.

Quote:
Squirtle, Caped, and others playing bip at the start of the season; asking them to switch to their main plane when we're down a couple goals to fix the comp, only to have them say, "I'm not switching," and losing the game because of it.
Annoying and goes against what ladder is intended to be, but it is not really against the rules. It is too subjective to make rules against having a bad comp and I can't ban someone for wanting to learn a plane they aren't as good at. The discussion here is someone playing a specific plane they don't normally play after saying they are playing it to throw or playing it only because don got banned while using it.

Quote:
Jaxx, and others, have decided to spin around, land on the post of the goal, and die with the ball which ends up giving it to the other team.
Would certainly be banned if admins see it (at least the half of the admin list that really does anything) and it results in missing a very easy goal.

Quote:
Or people switching to rev randa, grabbing the ball, and revving into the enemies giving the ball over to them. Or a randa grabbing the ball and tossing it backwards towards their own goal when no one is back only to die and have the enemy score.
Same as above, ban if seen by admin. Perhaps there needs to be a rule specifically about rev added as I will ban anyone who revs with the ball (or randomly around the map) with no possible justification for using rev. Likely a warning at first if it isn't too excessive and doesn't directly result in giving up a goal, but definitely something we won't allow. Rev can only be used for changing direction quickly, not general flight. Most of us admins would prefer to not allow rev at all in ladder, but there are a few players who use it without it being too much of an issue.

Last edited by VAN1SH1NG; 02-12-2017 at 07:38 AM.
Old 02-12-2017, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Never could tell for sure there was throwing.
Quote:
Would certainly be banned if admins see it (at least the half of the admin list that really does anything) and it results in missing a very easy goal.
Quote:
Same as above, ban if seen by admin.
Except they have said repeatedly that they were going to throw. While in game and on my team. And have done all the aforementioned offenses. With you and/or other admins in the server. And multiple witnesses in ladder calling them out on it. But I guess that wasn't enough proof whereas Don saying he's going to throw one game by playing Randa is.

Quote:
Annoying and goes against what ladder is intended to be, but it is not really against the rules. ... The discussion here is someone playing a specific plane they don't normally play
You just said:

Quote:
How is that different from playing terribly, going less than 0.3 K/D, losing multiple games by 3-6 goals in a row, being asked to change multiple times by multiple members of your team over multiple games only to be met with, "i only bip now, you guys change"? Please explain to me how the former is throwing but the latter isn't throwing.
Old 02-12-2017, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Oh, so this is exactly like all the times I brought to your attention, and the attention of other admins, Jaxx; fluffy; Raja; and para saying they're going to throw games when they're on my team and then them throwing games.
Old 02-15-2017, 06:15 PM

Okay, this has become an interesting discussion with the main point being: "Which behavior is actually ban worthy?"

Even in the 2nd game that I was playing randa (and only randa, which we lost 1-6) I tried hard, and I wrote "dat balancer though" because teams were uneven. And in the last days of ladder many games ended up being so incredibly unbalanced and going 6-0 or 6-1 that it was pure frustration.

There are rules, and those rules can be interpretated differently. What actually does it mean, to have a player behaving in a way, that makes it a bad experience for others? Jaxx playing laser randa although everyone knows, laser sucks on ball? Having players that only know how to play one plane and therefore don't change although it would be necessary?

In my opinion we need better rules, and a discussion on how to formulate these rules. Maybe we even end up determining that no better rules can be written. But as it stands right now it is highly unpredictable which behvaior results in a ban, it depends on the admins. Junglist, to put up a last example, even played rev randa the same evening I got banned, and he was not banned.

I get the argumentation of the admins, and their arguments are valid. Mineare too. As a result, and as discussions in a forum are hard to make, I suggest that we put up a discussion on Discord.

What do you think?
Old 02-16-2017, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Hi guys!

As you all know, we love and hate the Donno, and he did nothing wrong. He said "Im going to throw all the games and play Randa". He actually did play Randa, but did NOT throw. Eventually everyone said ban him, and he got banned.

THIS IS NOT RIGHT. There are rules in bladder, which were thrown to the garbage and kicked with slender's feet.

It can't be bannable to play a certain plane and be bad at it.

We all have to stay united and strong here, because tonight great unfairness happened and we have to watch out for our rights, so this is not becoming a playing field for angry admins.

BR,
Plauze
Don't drag me into this