Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Tech Support
FAQ Community Calendar

Tech Support Trouble running the game? Found a bug? Post here.

Old 04-12-2017, 07:38 PM

Default Altitude won't work with W10 Creators Update

Hello everyone.

I've updated Windows 10 to its latest Creators Update (version 1703). Big mistake: Altitude won't launch, even in compatibility mode (either W7, W8).

I don't know what's wrong as I haven't altered any parameter (from version 160 and afaic, I strongly recommend you don't install W10 Creators Update if you run Windows 10 and want to play Altitude.

Is it just my computer or is Alti really broken by W10CU? If you have a solution, I'm all figurative ears (please, no, "uninstall-reinstall Alti/Java", "rollback" or "Linux dual-boot"). BTW, all my other games work just fine, it's just specifically Altitude that's kaputt.

Happy gaming.
Old 04-13-2017, 06:37 PM

What exactly is happening? I just did the upgrade to see if Altitude still worked for me with creators update and it does. Did break my touchpad though lol and I had to uninstall/reinstall that to get it working again. Could be that some driver on your system is not working since the creators update that you just haven't noticed and for some reason that is causing issues for Altitude.

There are scaling issues with Win 10 / high DPI displays. Altitude won't display correctly for me unless I set the resolution to 1280x720 (native resolution of Altitude). Doubt that would cause it not to even launch but you could try setting that resolution in <Altitude directory>/config/options/xml (fullscreenResolution and/or windowedResoltion). Might also try changing fullscreen to false if you normally play fullscreen.

Since it won't start and assuming the above wouldn't fix it, probably should be some info in the logs. Check Altitude.log and Launch.log in <Altitude directory>/log/ with the default Altitude directory being at C:/Program Files (x86)/Altitude/ on 64 bit Windows or C:/Program Files/Altitude/ for 32bit Windows.
Old 04-14-2017, 11:01 AM

Hi,

Well reading Altitude logs wasn't really useful but Windows error logs were very interesting: crashes are caused by a GeForce dll, nvoglv32.DLL. GeForce drivers were up-to-date (381.65). I uninstalled them, rolling back to the previous version (378.92) and... Altitude has worked just fine!

I've sent a report to nVidia about this issue.

Oh, I should have posted my setup: i5 7600K, MSI GTX 1070 X (yay 1080p@60fps on Altitude), 8 GB RAM Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer. Maybe it is specifically related to my hardware, we may know later.