Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Clan Organization
FAQ Community Calendar

Clan Organization Clan recruiting and other things clans want publicized.

Old 02-04-2010, 07:45 AM

thursday, as in tomorrow? I have class til 9:30pm PST...i'll hop on after, but have friday off so...later!
Old 02-04-2010, 07:46 AM

psh canadians ^^
Old 02-04-2010, 06:05 PM
Super Moderator

Location: being a video game clan CEO is not that prestigious

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkguava View Post
psh canadians ^^
Canadians get Fridays off? Man, I gotta get some o' that. We Canafrance folks only have Thursdays off.

In other news, I've added Nikon's graffiti logo to http://ballstrategy.wordpress.com. Go check it out.
Old 02-04-2010, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't Follow View Post
thursday, as in tomorrow? I have class til 9:30pm PST...i'll hop on after, but have friday off so...later!

Shhh don't tell everyone!!
Old 02-04-2010, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgleaf View Post
Canadians get Fridays off? Man, I gotta get some o' that. We Canafrance folks only have Thursdays off.

In other news, I've added Nikon's graffiti logo to http://ballstrategy.wordpress.com. Go check it out.
Thanks for doing that! It looks great I think.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:11 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicallad View Post

Shhh don't tell everyone!!
It's okay, you're not supposed to follow him. =P
Old 02-04-2010, 08:37 PM

I'll try to make it I can fill in for DF on the cool kids team until cooler people get there :P
Old 02-05-2010, 05:09 PM

Thanks for bringing me to ball*

New to forums, need to spammy 3 times for private messaging. Already have one, this is 2nd. Sorry for the eyesore.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:01 PM
Super Moderator

Default Mini Guide to Acid Loopy

This is not developed enough to be a full thread in the Guides forum, and actually I only wrote it because tmic said blin had some questions about acid. I'm not sure if these answer his questions, but what the heck:

Mini guide to Acid Loopy

1. In addition to damaging other planes, acid weakens their armor for a short time. This means that your shots and your teammates' shots become more effective. Hence the relatively high number of assists that acid loopies get. Acid is also helpful for killing planes that escape from you because of obstacles or maneuverability. If they are not at full strength when hit with acid, they may escape you and still die.

2. Use acid on clumps of planes, as it will affect each enemy plane equally.

3. Shoot acid into empty spaces before planes arrive there. This can be useful for controlling choke points, but also at ball spawn moments when enemy planes are heading for the ball. I also shoot acid into the goal or goal area when shooting from a distance in case an enemy plane catches my shot.

4. Use acid to defeat trailing planes. Shoot acid ahead of you while being followed. The trailing plane(s) will go through it and get damaged and weakened.

5. Use acid to defeat shields. Yep, this is possible. There are two ways to do it. You can get behind the shielded plane and shoot them with acid, of course. The second way is to shoot acid against a wall/obstacle right before the shielded plane goes past it. You can combine this with #4 above to damage and weaken a shielded plane that is trailing you.

6. Use acid as a death maneuver. If you are smoking and about to die, shoot acid at another plane or into an empty space where enemies are heading.

Versus specific planes: Against explodets, acid can weaken them enough for you to kill them with normal shots, or for nearby teammates to kill them when weakened. Be aware that repair explodets may recover before you can kill them. Against time-anchor mirandas, shoot acid into the space where they last were. When they try to anchor back, they will run into the acid and get damaged/weakened.

(This post can also be found at http://tinyurl.com/acidguide)

Last edited by tgleaf; 02-11-2010 at 07:06 PM.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:07 PM

Also a point you forgot. When someone is hit by acid. The next few seconds that the effect is still going. Any hit deals more damage. I tought it was between 1.3-1.6 times stronger than normal attack but i'm not sure.
So a good acid loopy can be a key defender. But watch out. When you shoot acid and it hits an enemy shield and hits your team it is very dangerous because some bomber spam can take any of you out.
Old 02-06-2010, 03:04 AM

don't teach people how to use acid. Lets just ignore it and hope it goes away.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:24 AM

Location: IM ON A BOAT MOTHER****ER TAKE A GOOD HARD LOOK AT THE MOTHER****ING BOAT

Quote:
6. Use acid as a death maneuver. If you are smoking and about to die, shoot acid at another plane or into an empty space where enemies are heading.
good guide, but normally if i see a loopy smoking who throws acid i will go right through it to kill them as long as i have ample health. same with most others.
Old 02-06-2010, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A doughnut View Post
good guide, but normally if i see a loopy smoking who throws acid i will go right through it to kill them as long as i have ample health. same with most others.
That's part of the plan--since acid is so heavily reliant on teammates (df loopies make a GREAT companion), they can come clean you up after you've been weakened, even though you got the mostly dead acid loopy.
Old 02-06-2010, 03:22 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguy View Post
That's part of the plan--since acid is so heavily reliant on teammates (df loopies make a GREAT companion), they can come clean you up after you've been weakened, even though you got the mostly dead acid loopy.
Yes, and I tailored my (mini) guide to ball, where most of the action is focused in one area. If you are about to die and there are enemy planes streaming in, it can benefit your team to throw an extra acid shot out in the open. But otherwise, doughtnut, you are correct.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:13 PM

Hey we just had a scrimmage against {ICE}. Playing for {ball}
Nikon
Harmonica
Gator
Cid
Snake
Andhell I think that is everyone, tell me if I missed someone. and sorry I didn't write down who was on ICE. WE played 5 games and we won all of them. Here are the scores:
Labyrinth 6-1
Cave 6-3
Darkwar 6-1
Maze 6-1
Core 6-2
Old 02-06-2010, 11:54 PM

I respect ball clan.

and IL sucks on ball.

Thx for the games.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:52 AM
Super Moderator

Default Skype

Well, it was certainly distracting to play while Skyping, but it's clear it's key after trying it out.

If you don't have a Skype account yet, please get one. Add Harmonica as a contact (for starters) -- ask him for his Skype nickname [or maybe he can post it on the ballstrategy site].

The quality was actually pretty good... and we don't have much time to practice it before the tourney.
Old 02-07-2010, 02:19 AM

Yeah the quality seemed fine, And it helped a lot. So what is the time of the tourny? 11:00 2:30 Pacific right?
Old 02-07-2010, 04:52 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikon View Post
Yeah the quality seemed fine, And it helped a lot. So what is the time of the tourny? 11:00 2:30 Pacific right?
Our first game will be at 19:20 GMT, which is 11:20am Pacific.

You can check match times here: http://altitudegame.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2148.

You can convert GMT here: http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/gmt-converter.htm.
Find your time zone by plugging in the GMT time at the top of that site and then selecting your time zone on the bottom.
Old 02-07-2010, 09:30 AM

Quote:
This is not developed enough to be a full thread in the Guides forum, and actually I only wrote it because tmic said blin had some questions about acid. I'm not sure if these answer his questions, but what the heck:

Mini guide to Acid Loopy

1. In addition to damaging other planes, acid weakens their armor for a short time. This means that your shots and your teammates' shots become more effective. Hence the relatively high number of assists that acid loopies get. Acid is also helpful for killing planes that escape from you because of obstacles or maneuverability. If they are not at full strength when hit with acid, they may escape you and still die.

2. Use acid on clumps of planes, as it will affect each enemy plane equally.

3. Shoot acid into empty spaces before planes arrive there. This can be useful for controlling choke points, but also at ball spawn moments when enemy planes are heading for the ball. I also shoot acid into the goal or goal area when shooting from a distance in case an enemy plane catches my shot.

4. Use acid to defeat trailing planes. Shoot acid ahead of you while being followed. The trailing plane(s) will go through it and get damaged and weakened.

5. Use acid to defeat shields. Yep, this is possible. There are two ways to do it. You can get behind the shielded plane and shoot them with acid, of course. The second way is to shoot acid against a wall/obstacle right before the shielded plane goes past it. You can combine this with #4 above to damage and weaken a shielded plane that is trailing you.

Versus specific planes: Against explodets, acid can weaken them enough for you to kill them with normal shots, or for nearby teammates to kill them when weakened. Be aware that repair explodets may recover before you can kill them. Against time-anchor mirandas, shoot acid into the space where they last were. When they try to anchor back, they will run into the acid and get damaged/weakened.
So basically..."shoot other planes with acid"

Any other tips?
Old 02-07-2010, 09:36 AM

King class gets his rattle out and sounds the ball horn.... *paaaaaarp*
Old 02-07-2010, 10:40 PM

Great games guys. That was definitely a lot of fun. It's too bad we didnt pull it out against L*, but I think they deserved the victory in the end. Anyways we'll probably have a lot to discuss to improve our game in the next week or two, so make sure you keep checking, and posting on, the ball strategy site (tinyurl.com/ballstrategy).

Thanks to everyone who played, and sorry to anyone who was there but didnt get a chance to get some game time. For the next ball tournament we will definitely have two teams, a {ball*} and a {ball} so we can get more people in on the action. It was great to hear all you guys on skype too, lol, even if it was a little dorky (and don't worry Nikon, you don't actually sound like a girl...) Stay tuned for CCN's videos from the semis and the finals because part of our convo was being broadcast and we ended up providing commentary for ACE v L* heheh. But if my comments from ACE v || are audible i'd like to apologize to tyr in advance...
later guys,
GEAUX SAINTS
Old 02-07-2010, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkguava View Post
Thanks to everyone who played, and sorry to anyone who was there but didnt get a chance to get some game time. For the next ball tournament we will definitely have two teams, a {ball*} and a {ball} so we can get more people in on the action.
I'll second this: there were far too many great ballers sitting on the sidelines this tournament. While there are many {ball} members who I'd love to have on my team, I'd rather have to play against you guys than to have people sit on the sidelines.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:03 AM
Super Moderator

Default 6v6 BALL Tournament Results

Playing for {ball} were:

Quarter-Final vs. |... results: {ball} wins two games to zero
Maps, in order:
core: 5-1 {ball} (MVP: Nikon
mayhem: 6-0 {ball} (MVP: tgleaf
Semi-Final vs. L* ... results: L* wins two games to one
Maps, in order:
darkwar: 6-3 {ball} (MVP: drunkguava)
cave: 5-1 L* (MVP: Nikon
maze: 6-4 L* (MVP: drunkguava)
Bronze Medal vs. || ... results
This match has not been played yet.

Match Awards:
Best Kill Streak: Harmonica (13 kills in a row, mayhem2)
Most Deadly: Don't Follow (60 kills, cave)
Most Goals: drunkguava (4 goals, darkwar; hat trick!)

Tournament MVPs:
Offensive: drunkguava (9 goals -- at least -- in 4 games)
Defensive: Harmonica (stellar defense, 88-44 ratio including 15-2 on mayhem2)

Last edited by tgleaf; 02-08-2010 at 04:32 PM.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:57 AM

Default Debriefing

I created a tourney debriefing post on the strategy site with my observations (and they are just observations--so I'd love to hear comments from folks who played).
Old 02-08-2010, 05:52 AM

Didn't record the semis, live stream only
Finals was recorded and is up!

Anyone have a good way to host multiple people on chat? If i put speakers too close to mike they hear their own voices again, if I don't then no one hears them :S

GG all, tough games.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCN View Post
If i put speakers too close to mic they hear their own voices again, if I don't then no one hears them :S
How about muting the the stream that's playing: you still get all the voices coming from chat, but they don't get re-recorded when the stream plays them out of the speakers 2-3 seconds later.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:37 AM

mhmm then youg uys will commentate without me :P
Old 02-08-2010, 07:23 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCN View Post
Anyone have a good way to host multiple people on chat? If i put speakers too close to mike they hear their own voices again, if I don't then no one hears them :S
Headphones.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:27 AM
Super Moderator

You need to adjust your input source so the program recognizes both your mic and the internal sound coming from whatever program you are using (I assume skype) at the same time. Having their voices come through speakers only to be recorded by a mic is a really bad solution.

Ideally you should set it up so that the program records everything that goes through skype (and have yourself on skype as well). Then wear headphones (like tgleaf said) so you won't get any feedback.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:07 PM

Ok you guys we need to setup a time for our bronze medal match vs. ||. These are the players i'd like to confirm: DF, tgleaf, nikon, anghell, CCN, harmonica, wiseguy/shaftoe. I was thinking this weekend, thoughts?

Also, I posted in the ball strategy site too, take a look.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:40 PM
Super Moderator

Saturday morning, Saturday night or Sunday morning work best for me (Pacific times).
Old 02-08-2010, 06:59 PM

Saturday night like 9:00 or 9:30 pacific works best for me. Or sunday morning like 11:00 am pacific.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikon View Post
Saturday night like 9:00 or 9:30 pacific works best for me. Or sunday morning like 11:00 am pacific.
sunday morning like 11:00 am pacific.

Will do.

Edit: i posted my setup in guaa's strats too.

Last edited by wolf'j'max; 02-08-2010 at 09:16 PM.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:44 PM
Super Moderator

Some scrim results from today:

{ball} decimated {ICE} on snow (6-0) and labyrinth (6-1, I think).

{ball} crushed | on darkwar (6-2, I think), snow (6-1) and cave (6-0).

We also played | in TBD... they shut us out on asteroids (not a single base hit for us), and we only did _slightly_ better on cave.

{ball} whooped {BL} on snow (6-0), planepark (6-1), and core (6-2). But {BL} beat us 7v6 on darkwar (6-5).

Last edited by tgleaf; 02-08-2010 at 11:18 PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:00 AM

hey guys i am free from fri morn through wed morn next week for any scheldued events. so let me know if and when i should be on.

a 5 day stretch of artwork and altitude.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:07 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by arty View Post
hey guys i am free from fri morn through wed morn next week for any scheldued events. so let me know if and when i should be on.

a 5 day stretch of artwork and altitude.
Let's see...
5 days = 120 hours:
15 hours for artwork
90 hours for altitude
2 hours for eating
13 hours for sleeping
Did I forget anything?
We're trying to schedule a bronze medal game against || for this weekend, so keep in touch! Also, there's a ton of new information on the ballstrategy site.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Some scrim results from today:

{ball} decimated {ICE} on snow (6-0) and labyrinth (6-1, I think).

{ball} crushed | on darkwar (6-2, I think), snow (6-1) and cave (6-0).

We also played | in TBD... they shut us out on asteroids (not a single base hit for us), and we only did _slightly_ better on cave.

{ball} whooped {BL} on snow (6-0), planepark (6-1), and core (6-2). But {BL} beat us 7v6 on darkwar (6-5).
Don't forget that we beat the on grotto, by all of us going acid loopy except anghell it was awesome.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:47 AM

full team acid loopy, i would love to see that one time.
also a team of hc biplanes.
Any other 1type team that would be fun to watch?

TG
i am pretty sure i will get 20 hrs of altitude
at least 50 hrs of art.
30 of sleep maybe

gives me some wiggle room for house work, volleyball, and anime.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:39 AM
Super Moderator

Look for the newest BALL clan in-game!

{arr}: http://altitudegame.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2631