Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Map Making
FAQ Community Calendar

Map Making Discuss everything related to creating new levels here.

Old 05-17-2012, 11:53 PM

Default Need help finding a website which helps make cartoon shapes for map making

So I'm thinking of making a ball map.... but the images i've used before for making maps weren't so good... i used microsoft publisher.. and cropped images before... but it didnt turn out so well.. So I was wondering if anyone knew any good websites which help you make cartoon images that easily work in the altitude map editor...
Hoping for your help....
-Shotz
Old 05-19-2012, 01:41 AM

Publisher doesn't seem like it'd be good for actually making images. If you don't want to fork over $4000 for a piece of software, there are some decent free-use, open-source image editors that are pretty good. I use Paint.net (not the same as MS Paint), and GIMP for macintosh is also pretty good.

I'm not aware of any image... generators, so to speak, though if you're willing to shell out a few bucks here and there you can try buying stock art from certain websites. It's hard to integrate a bunch of random images into a coherent theme for a map, though.
Old 05-21-2012, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent skies View Post
Publisher doesn't seem like it'd be good for actually making images. If you don't want to fork over $4000 for a piece of software, there are some decent free-use, open-source image editors that are pretty good. I use Paint.net (not the same as MS Paint), and GIMP for macintosh is also pretty good.

I'm not aware of any image... generators, so to speak, though if you're willing to shell out a few bucks here and there you can try buying stock art from certain websites. It's hard to integrate a bunch of random images into a coherent theme for a map, though.
Ohhk I'll check out that website, thanks for you're help.