Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > The Water Cooler
FAQ Community Calendar

The Water Cooler Discuss unrelated topics. Keep it clean. Keep it nice.

Old 12-31-2012, 09:24 AM

Default Awesome Games Done Quick 2013 is Coming! January 6-12th!

Awesome Games Done Quick 2013

It's that time of year again. AGDQ 2013 starts next week. Time to get ready for 153 hours of speed running goodness.

What is AGDQ?

AGDQ is a charity marathon that Speed Demos Archive (SDA) puts on each year showcasing some of the most awesome (And awful) games around. SDA is raising money for the Prevent Cancer Foundation who do work in research, prevention and outreach.

What are some of the games that will be run?

AGDQ 2013 is going to have some really amazing games this year. I won't list all of them, because there are just too many to list them here. The runs that I'm really excited for are: Mischief Makers, Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, Banjo Kazooie, Donkey Kong 64, Super Mario RPG, Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts, Super Meat Boy, Left 4 Dead, MegaMari, Mega Man 4, Mega Man X, Goof Troop, Super Metroid, Metroid Prime, Goldeneye, Starcraft 2, Mass Effect, Darksiders, and Pokemon Gold. While this list may be a little long I actually trimmed it down a little. A lot of these games won't turn out as you expect them to.

If you want to see the full list of games so you can mark them down your calender then you can go here to find the full list.

Where can I watch it?

You can go to the SDA homepage once the marathon starts to watch the stream and indulge in the chat!

I want to donate! What will my donation go towards?

Prevent Cancer Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that saves lives through cancer research, education and community outreach. 100% of your donations go toward supporting Prevent Cancer Foundation in its mission. But that's not all. There are donation incentives. During some games you can donate to determine the category (i.e. donating to see the runner do 100% instead of any%), others you could win prizes like a plushie, cartridge, print, perler, etc. There's also a grand prize: a replica of Squall's gunblade.

I hope to see you there. <3
Old 12-31-2012, 10:02 AM

Duh. Starts the same week as my school.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:22 AM

Flicky and a few other have made a great thread on TL with a lot of details about this event, the games played, prizes and schedule.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/view...opic_id=391044
Old 01-02-2013, 10:53 PM

You had me at Mischief Makers. SHAKE SHAKE
Old 01-04-2013, 09:37 PM

AGDQ starts in two days. GET HYPE. There's going to be lots of SHAKESHAKE, 100 super jumps, out of bounds, and MOOOOOOOOOOOOON KICK.

FBI!

Get on it
Old 01-06-2013, 12:35 PM

Starting in a little over 5 hours.

I don't think I've ever been this hyped for something in my life, except maybe like Batoo OSL finals.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:59 PM

Looking forward to shadow complex though I'm disappointed trihex isnt running yoshi's island shirtless again.

Edit: Watching now and holy hell Flicky has lost a lot of weight since last time I saw him.

Last edited by Dark_Sage; 01-06-2013 at 06:38 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:43 PM

The players in the back are as dull as ever, I remember a guy in a long black raincoat last year, he was atleast cheering them up a bit.

Also, seems like the Ratched and Clank game just froze about 18 (?) minutes in. Sad day.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:32 PM

You can be sure there'll be some crazy moments with the crowd later on.
As a general rule, speedrunning is usually pretty hard so they're not just dicking around all the time to let the runner focus on what he's doing.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Sage View Post
Looking forward to shadow complex though I'm disappointed trihex isnt running yoshi's island shirtless again.
Sagan is better than Trihex tbh. Hopefully Sagan doesn't **** up too much; he's been so close to beating the WR a few times now. It'd be awesome to see him beat it on stream.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:31 PM

watched part of the Yoshi's Island run yesterday, awesome as ever with Trihex and Carl Sagan and his asian friend I don't know.

Do you know if they'll come back because I'll definitely have to watch again then.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:54 PM

So you're saying you missed PJ's run of Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts? Everyone should go back and watch it. (He just did it not that long ago.)

The Asian guy on the couch during Yoshi's Island was Lee. I don't know how much they'll be on stream again this stream but they should be back doing another Yoshi's Island run either next year or the year after that. Depending on how things go with scheduling.

Time for me to sleep. Hopefully I'll be up for Sonic CD but if not then I'll be up for Super Meat Boy.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:36 PM

I was able to watch half of the Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts run and was lucky to catch the explanation of him using the torch.

Sonic I'll have to see D: it means I must play altitude instead of other stuff though :x

j/k totally worth it.

just realised I'm going to miss f-zero :[

Stream just crashed. Seems like something's up.

Last edited by wolf'j'max; 01-07-2013 at 04:33 PM.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:57 PM

Yeah PJ's run was crazy lol

Also, stuff to MISS UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES today : Breakdown's 106% Super Meat Boy
It was one of the biggest highlights of last year and I've been watching him practice and damn he's good.

After that Amnesia is pretty broken with an awesome runner, and after that it's the L4D run with AWESOME runners. Flicky is like the Sean Connery of Speedrunning, anything he appears in is instantly better.

Sonic 3 & Knuckles should be pretty good as well.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:42 PM

http://www.twitch.tv/megamarathon posting this here for any speedrun lovers who haven't noticed it.