Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Dedicated Server
FAQ Community Calendar

Dedicated Server Discuss technical issues related to hosting your own servers.

Old 03-05-2013, 05:03 AM

Default Configuring a VPS for Altitude?

I'm tired of lagging on European servers (NYC) and the US Soccer Server is rarely up. Dojo is great when you can get in.

ChicagoVPS is having a sale now, forty bucks for a year with servers in four locations, etc. I'd like to buy a VPS and set up a dedicated 24/7 Alti server on the East Coast.

I have no idea what I am doing. No idea at all. I got to the second page of checkout and it asks for my hostname and my preferred flavor of Linux.

The guides written here don't cover renting the original VPS. Is there an American player interested in walking me through this?

TIA / Kokopelli
Old 03-05-2013, 08:14 AM

I recently put up a server in Colorado. The Stadium. I don't know of the stability of the server as I haven't gotten to play a few games on it yet. That is still a bit far away from you.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJester View Post
I'm tired of lagging on European servers (NYC) and the US Soccer Server is rarely up.
I can't be of much help with Linux-based servers, as the majority of my experience is with Windows-based servers... But, there is a low-lag solution, until you can get yours up and running...

Quote:
Dojo is great when you can get in.
If you dig down on the Master server list, you can find my public server... Dojo II. It is a Chicago-based server, hosted on the same server farm that Dojo is, and should have excellent ping for NYC. It was created to help with the "I can't get into Dojo!" problem, and has been up and running since the end of SL6.

It is maintained in the same spirit as Ball Dojo... A non clan-affiliated, semi-competitive playground for Level 60+ players.

(In case anyone has the need, IP = 66.225.231.10:27276 & Dojo II admins are: Jazz, Mudokon, ElusiveOne, and myself.)

Last edited by CmdrNoval; 03-05-2013 at 12:56 PM. Reason: added IP
Old 03-05-2013, 12:52 PM

Colorado is far but sure beats London. Dojo II I think I've tried and liked. Thanks for the quick replies. It just seems now that there's either Dojo which is packed or Ledow's which is distant - and packed.

I bought the VPS last night, I'll see about configuring it over the next couple of weeks... We'll see how it goes. Thanks for the replies.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:57 PM

Quote:
I bought the VPS last night, I'll see about configuring it over the next couple of weeks... We'll see how it goes. Thanks for the replies.
Good luck.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:19 PM

http://altitudegame.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3549

This thread is short, but you might find it useful