Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > General Altitude Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar

General Altitude Discussion Discuss anything Altitude related that doesn't belong in another forum.

Old 01-22-2010, 08:26 PM
Super Moderator

Default Big Money! Big Prizes! I Love It!

Some of you may have seen the Altitude Ladder already and some you have may not. If you haven't had a chance to check out it out yet then make sure to check out www.altitudeladder.net and to also check out the Altitude Ladder Thread.

If you weren't aware we have 1000 Community Points to give away as prizes and a lot of you have been wondering how you can get your hands on those very Community Points Prizes. I can't blame you, with the world economy failing around us it is no wonder that Community Points became the new Gold Standard. Pretty soon you will start seeing websites like Cash4CommunityPoints replacing Cash4Gold. But I digress.

As for the Community Points, the categories and prize values have been determined. The first group of points are going to go to ladder participants. They will break down as follows:

1st Place: 150 Points
2nd Place: 100 Points
3rd Place: 50 Points

Most Games Played: 100 Points

The season will end March 15th at 8PM EST. All ranks and point determination will be made at that time and date.

So some of you might be saying that you don't think you can become ranked in the top three of the ladder and maybe you don't want to get involved in the madness of trying to get the most games played. Well don't worry, the majority of Community Points are going to be prizes for our other contest.

The contest is simple. We are looking for something Community related in order to get the word of Altitude and the Altitude Ladder out to the masses. In all likelihood this is going to be a video of some kind with intense action, fast cuts, and explosive text. However, if you think that there is something else you could do that would blow our minds then by all means feel free to submit something else. The rules are simple, if you submit a video it should be posted on Youtube with the name "Altitude Game: Competitive Ladder" Ideally the videos should be somewhere in the range of 1 minute long. If you make or do something else and want it to be considered for the contest then feel free to submit it. At the end of the contest we will have a vote for the best entries. Please email all entries with your in game name, VaporID and a link to your entry to altitudeladder@gmail.com. This contest will also end on March 15th and 8PM EST.

1st Prize: 300 Community Points
2nd Prize: 200 Community Points
3rd Prize: 100 Community Points

Good Luck!
Old 01-22-2010, 08:58 PM

Send a message via AIM to Ajuk999

I'm In. I think I can do this.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:38 PM

since i really have some good ideas for the video contest i need an especially without watermark at the background screenrecording program for mac :S.
i got IshowU HD but it is the demo so with a watermark at the background. can anyone help me?
Old 01-23-2010, 07:16 AM

iMovie is really Good. I don't think Camtasia For Mac is watermarked either. iMovie is default on most Mac Systems, especially if you have iLife.

If that doesn't work, PM me and we can talk more. Don't want this thread to become about finding software.

Old 01-23-2010, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator

Correction: iMovie is bad. Also, it doesn't do screencasts as far as I know (though I really am not the one to talk about it as I stopped using it altogether after Apple ruined the suite's effectiveness with the versions following iMovie HD '06).

I'd love to create an entry or two for this contest, as soon as I find a cheap screen recorder for Mac that suits my purposes. Then I'll fire up my makeshift editing studio and get to work!

Edit: Is there a preferred frame-size or aspect ratio for the entries? 720x480 or 1280x720 (HD) are both possibilities for the video I'm planning to make.

Last edited by Pieface; 01-23-2010 at 04:57 PM.
Old 01-23-2010, 03:59 PM

Attention Pie and any Mac user looking for screen recording software!

Appstorm

Please read that!
Old 01-23-2010, 04:13 PM
Banned

im in

10char
Old 01-23-2010, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by combat View Post
Attention Pie and any Mac user looking for screen recording software!

Appstorm

Please read that!
WOW combat ty lol.... il be sure to record some excellent games in the ladder servers and will post on youtube in the future.
Old 01-23-2010, 09:35 PM

Maimer, if i participate in this contest with in the video at some points a watermark in the background. Will i have a fewer chance of winning this or aren't you going to care about that?
Old 01-25-2010, 05:55 PM

OK i downloaded the old ishowU and i will start making and posting videos AFTER my exams so in about 4 days
Old 01-25-2010, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mled View Post
OK i downloaded the old ishowU and i will start making and posting videos AFTER my exams so in about 4 days
Wait wait wait. Mled. The ishowu capture demo is with a watermark in the back. If yours doesn't have one please send me the link O_o
Old 01-25-2010, 08:33 PM
Super Moderator

wolf'j'max, i would prefer your video doesn't have any watermarks, but I understand that good video recording software is hard to come by. I am trying to see if I can get a certain member of the community to put together a downloadable "video pack" of like 10 or so video clips that could be used by people. I will keep you updated if this will become available.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:13 PM

Ok thanks maimer. I will just go by the recordings i already made and making more (with the watermark :S) because i had alot of ideas and i don't want to waste them.

Cheers,
-wolf-
Old 03-07-2010, 01:49 AM
Super Moderator

Just an update to this thread. I don't know if anyone is working on any videos for the fabulous community points prizes, but we have chosen to extend the first ladder season. The final date is not set it stone, but I will announce it once we know and will most likely be sometime in the beginning to mid april. As a result, the final submission date for the video entries has been extended! Keep working hard and show us what ya got!
Old 03-07-2010, 02:49 AM
Super Moderator

Never fear, the unbeatable tyr and pie team is here!

Seriously though, thanks for extending the deadline. Now I won't have to work nonstop for the next week to produce something acceptable.

Last edited by Pieface; 03-07-2010 at 03:39 AM.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:07 PM
Super Moderator

I have created a video promoting the ladder and the game. I hope that it gives inspiration to everyone else out there who was thinking of creating entries to this contest! Let me know what you think. (I apologize about the poor quality, but youtube isn't very good)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAvKWY1rnb4

Last edited by nesnl; 03-08-2010 at 09:40 PM. Reason: updated video link
Old 03-08-2010, 09:26 PM

Really Nice video there Nesnl, Did you make that in iMovie?
Old 03-08-2010, 09:30 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajuk999 View Post
Really Nice video there Nesnl, Did you make that in iMovie?
Yah I used iMovie, it's all I have for video editing as I don't make videos. That was actually my first attempt at making a video. Maybe if I were more serious about making videos then I would get a better program that would allow me to do more things.
Old 03-14-2010, 06:44 AM

Suggestion: add best avg finish for ball/tbd. Community points for player who has the best avg ranking for both would be nice
Old 03-31-2010, 05:41 PM

Hmm it wont be easy winning any of those, but then again it probably shouldnt.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:49 PM
Super Moderator

when do people play ladder these days? I really enjoyed it when it was active, but I haven't seen a server populated in some time now
Old 03-31-2010, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiogenesDog View Post
when do people play ladder these days? I really enjoyed it when it was active, but I haven't seen a server populated in some time now
No one plays ladder anymore because they're all busy in the pubs xp whoring, trying to rank up and unlock their favorite perks. Now, if this system is implemented, then I'm sure people will go back to ladder since then they can play their favorite plane/perk set up and still rank up at the same time.

And yes, I have no problem in shamelessly promoting my idea =P
Old 03-31-2010, 09:44 PM

I stopped playing ladder whne the captains games stopped.

I still play every now and then, but it's not the same.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:13 PM
Super Moderator

Just a reminder that the contest ends on April 15th and 8PM EST. Get your entries ready!
Old 04-16-2010, 10:20 PM
Super Moderator

You can find the combined entry that tyr and I submitted here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZbn0eZggXM

This is the first real project I've edited in After Effects as part of a motion graphics course I'm taking, so I apologize for the rough edges. Don't know if anyone else submitted anything, but just because the contest is over doesn't mean it's too late to whip something up! The more videos and publicity we get out for this game and ladder, the better.

Anyway, we'd appreciate any feedback anyone would care to give. Special thanks go to Kevin MacLeod for providing the awesome royaltee-free music.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:13 PM

Nice Work Pieface. Makes me want to put something together.

Edit: the music is nice. I believe the title of the soundtrack is "Achilles" by Kevin MacLeod, confirm/deny?

Last edited by Ajuk999; 04-16-2010 at 11:59 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:27 PM
Super Moderator

Well even though there wasn't any competition in the end, Pieface and tyr were still able to put together a great promotional video. Make sure you check it out, I will also be linking it on the main page of the Altitude Ladder website.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZbn0eZggXM

So congratulations to Pieface and tyr as they take home the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes for a whopping total of 600 community points!
Old 04-16-2010, 11:59 PM

Pieface what font did you use?

Great work by the way, both you and tyr. If I known there was no contest I would've just thrown something together in 5 minutes to get a few points.
Old 04-17-2010, 12:03 AM
Super Moderator

The font was called "Cracked," and was one of the few that I thought looked good with the rest of the video. Not sure if it was installed as part of the Mac OS or came as part of the package on the After Effects disc, though.

@Ajuk: "Achilles" was indeed the music that we used for the project. Kudos to Kevin for some great work!
Old 04-17-2010, 01:47 AM
Super Moderator

Location: being a video game clan CEO is not that prestigious

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesnl View Post
So congratulations to Pieface and tyr as they take home the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes for a whopping total of 600 community points!
Nicely done, guys!