Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > League Organization
FAQ Community Calendar

League Organization Only pertinent league information in here.

Old 05-20-2013, 06:41 PM

Default SL 8: Rules discussion

'ey.

Rules should really be discussed before the season starts. Sooo....
Questions in bold, my suggestions and thoughts in the lists.

What is the policy with name changing and using clan tags?
  • If players change their names, someone from the team must post about it on the current weeks thread. Post includes "normal" names, new names and vapor ids. The vapors so that it'd be easy to identify the players.
    Note that with command /listplayers you get a list of every player and their vapor ID. Comparing the first set of numbers and letters would really speed things up.
    Same thing with clan tags, if a player isn't wearing them, that should be included in the post.
    In my opinion, names such as (clantag).????????? and = ***** = should be banned. (referring to a case where multiple players would have similar tag but with slightly different amount of the same character.) Imo player names must be easily distinguishable.

Can a player play with other teams tags?
  • No

What are the server rules this season? Do we still play with home and away rules (much like in SL7)
  • Imo the server picking rules were fair last time, keep it same.

What are the server swapping rules?
  • Currently in a bo3 game, you must win 2 games if you want to switch the server. Lag plays a big role in this game so I wouldn't mind swapping servers after the first game. iirc aki suggested this before, change the server swapping rules so that away team can ask for a server change after first game.

The veto rights and the server picking rights should be stated more clearly. There were a lot of confusion during SL7 playoffs.
  • People got confused over "higher seed has home advantage". Did the team, who had higher seed at the starts of playoffs, have home advantage, or the team which was in the upper box have home advantage.

I'd personally still push for 2 subs per game instead of just 1.
  • People get disconnected because of having bad connection AND because servers are acting up. Prime example in APL finals where mled got dropped by server and KLF were forced to use their sub. If there were 2 subs per game, the teams wouldn't have to decide between waiting for their key player and playing with one less player and subbing another player in.
    Subbing is pretty rarely used, tbh. Most of the subs I've seen are because a player looses connection, not because a team wants to alter their setup. Not saying that kind of subbing isn't happening but still, vast majority of subbings come from disconnects.

What happens if a team drops out in middle of regular season?
  • Imo if this happens, old results should be nullified and every team would get a 2-0 win from the dropped team.

What happens if 2 or more teams have the same amount of points at the end of regular season?
  • Case of t3c/BBQ at the end of SL7 regular season and KLF/FRO at the end of APL8 regular season. Their respective game should decide who gets the higher seed. In the KLF/FRO case, I would have given KLF higher seed 'cause they had more wins over FRO than visa versa.
    Dunno what to say about a 3 man tie.

Can players from a dropped team join another team?
  • No
What happens after the loosing team picks a map?
  • Imo loser pick map, winner picks their team, loser picks their team. This way loser gets the advantage by getting to pick a team to counter the winners team. This also so that we could speed up the picking process.

All I have for now.

-J

Last edited by JWhatever; 05-29-2013 at 05:56 PM.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWhatever View Post
What are the server swapping rules?
iirc I was talked out of that by other people in that thread. This cost a lot of time in swapping servers and can cause confusion on which server is being played on.

Quote:
I'd personally still push for 2 subs per game instead of just 1.
In TBD, there is a limit on the number of spawns because the game doesn't reconize that the player walking in doesn't get the leaving player's "will spawn in" timer. This isn't as dramatic in Ball, but still does exist. I would love for a server option to have new players have a spawn timer as if they just died. The closest thing to a kill command is assign team.

Perhaps that could work. A parser sees a new player joining, waits for them to spawn, sits them, then pushes them back on the team. I think at that point they would have a normal spawn timer.

If that same parser would also watch for x number of players on the team, it could auto sit the last joining player when a team has too many. This could allow Hockey style subs (ie as long as the previous player sitting first, any number of subs may happen).

Alas, requiring a parser running would greatly limit the number of server choices available.
Old 05-29-2013, 04:29 PM

2 subs per game would be good as long as it's optional.
Old 05-30-2013, 03:24 AM

Quote:

What is the policy with name changing and using clan tags?
  • If players change their names, someone from the team must post about it on the current weeks thread. Post includes "normal" names, new names and vapor ids. The vapors so that it'd be easy to identify the players.
    Note that with command /listplayers you get a list of every player and their vapor ID. Comparing the first set of numbers and letters would really speed things up.
    Same thing with clan tags, if a player isn't wearing them, that should be included in the post.
    In my opinion, names such as (clantag).????????? and = ***** = should be banned. (referring to a case where multiple players would have similar tag but with slightly different amount of the same character.) Imo player names must be easily distinguishable.
Aww... that would mean no more team switching to binary names for fun... Dang...

No point in doing it, if we have to post it first...
Old 05-30-2013, 04:42 AM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

i don't really get the point of posting vapor ids if we're already identifying the players in the thread
Old 05-30-2013, 03:08 PM

I will address these with regards that I need to address

1) Name changes: I honestly don't mind them, have already said my two cents about this. As long as names aren't confusing or hard to distinguish between and do not use another players name from another team, I see no problem with them. I do not think I will require teams to post unless they want to be nice. It really is not a big deal. It does not seem like a majority of the community thinks this is an issue.

2) Server Swapping Rules: I honestly don't mind swapping servers after game 1 which would mean swapping 2 times during a match. I however would encourage and enforce timing rules much more if this is the case. A team requesting a server would have 60 secs after a game to suggest and teams would have 5 mins to pick a map and team afterwards. The only way I would allow for 2 server swaps is timing rules to be enforced more strictly.

3)Subs- I am fine with 2 subs, but do you mean start with 8 players or start with 7 and just be able to sub back in a player that was subbed in the first place. I would be more comfortable with the latter since the more players who are in a start tourny the more chance that teams will start 7 v 6, 8 v 6, etc.

4) I will go ahead and say teams who get dq'ed from the tournament will have all results nulled.

5) I am not a fan of your suggestions about one team picking first and so on. I think it will slow down the time and teams should plan subbing appropriately to counter teams.
Old 05-30-2013, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darknietzsche View Post
I will address these with regards that I need to address

3)Subs- I am fine with 2 subs, but do you mean start with 8 players or start with 7 and just be able to sub back in a player that was subbed in the first place. I would be more comfortable with the latter since the more players who are in a start tourny the more chance that teams will start 7 v 6, 8 v 6, etc.
I mean the latter, start the game with 6+1 and let the teams have the option to sub twice.

Have you had any thought on the format? Are there enough teams for a regular round robin, double round robin like in apl or a totally new concept?

-J
Old 05-30-2013, 06:09 PM

Ah k then I would not mind making 2 subs fine then.

Right now assuming every team currently saying they want to register post their rosters there will be 9 teams. This may be enough for round robin, but I want to talk to Aki he has a lot of bracket theory behind him.
Old 05-30-2013, 06:46 PM
Super Moderator

So to clarify -- let's say a team starts with 7 people. One of their people disconnects - so the sub hops up. Then - the other player comes back and the sub swaps back out. That would use up all of your subs? If another player dc's - you can no longer have the sub rejoin, right?
Old 05-30-2013, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesol View Post
So to clarify -- let's say a team starts with 7 people. One of their people disconnects - so the sub hops up. Then - the other player comes back and the sub swaps back out. That would use up all of your subs? If another player dc's - you can no longer have the sub rejoin, right?
I would say yes to this. That would use up the two subs.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:09 AM

Default TaZe GoTZ a IDea

I think pplz shud b abloo 2 play 1 v 6.

For examploo: TaZe vs. BBQ, or TaZe vs. r87, and so on.

Last edited by _TAZE_u_W/_E.M.P._BRo_; 06-03-2013 at 07:10 AM. Reason: i done mispelt dat wortd
Old 06-03-2013, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _TAZE_u_W/_E.M.P._BRo_ View Post
I think pplz shud b abloo 2 play 1 v 6.

For examploo: TaZe vs. BBQ, or TaZe vs. r87, and so on.
I would say yes to this.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:39 PM

Default DaT HeaDLiNe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorPayne257 View Post
I would say yes to this.
extra extra, read all about it: TaZe enters SL solo