Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Ladder Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar

Ladder Discussion Everything related to altitudeladder.com and the ladder servers goes here.

Old 08-05-2014, 04:06 AM

Default Achievement List (TBD added)

Here is the initial list of Achievements. These were thrown together quickly. Some will probably be renamed and I expect to add more during the season.

edit: upping win streak of 10 to 125 points, not sure why I only had it at 40

The achievements surrounded by the blue box are repeatable. So for the consecutive games achievements you get the first achievement at 3 days, next at 7, then 14 and 21. After 21 you get the 21 day achievement again every 7 days beyond that... just adds to your point total. If you miss a day it resets the counter.

The Twitter achievement is the only one in the list not live yet. I need to make some code changes before I turn that on to prevent abuse. This achievement will include those who are already online at the time of the tweet, so like if you start ladder up you will get the points. Applies to both the automated tweet on starting up and the /voteTweet function.

edit: adding TBD

Last edited by VAN1SH1NG; 08-09-2014 at 07:13 PM.
Old 08-05-2014, 04:22 AM

Meta's achievement is slick.

On a side note, is this season still going to end whenever someone reaches level 20? Dyke is already level 13 the ****ing tryhard kappa
Old 08-05-2014, 04:28 AM

Yes it will end when someone hits 20. It is expected some players will move up or down fast at the beginning of a season. If for some reason things are still moving too quickly in a week or two, I will make adjustments to the rating system to slow it down.
Old 08-05-2014, 07:03 AM

Fun idea. Blue box ones especially are good ideas.

Just one question: Do you think that trying to get some of these will conflict with actually trying your hardest to win and therefore ruin some games? To be specific the only ones I'm concerned about are:

Dogfighter - Elite
Dogfighter - Legendary
Kill Streak - 10
Kill Streak - 20
Kill Streak - 30

Achievement hunters will essentially be doing what is usually called ratio whoring to get these (especially the Kill Streak 20 and 30) which can be very detrimental to the overall effort to win. I would definitely predict multiple cases of people who are coming close to 20 or 30 kills in a row purposefully neglecting defense or a push so as to stay alive, which could be perceived as game throwing and lead to some controversial and headache-worthy bans

Maybe just get rid of these 5 (or at least the Kill Streak 20 and 30)? There are all sorts of achievements we could add instead that won't mess up games. And please don't disagree just because it's me; if you really don't agree with my point please explain why...

Again overall great idea
Old 08-05-2014, 07:20 AM

Witnessed the Impossible - Witnessed a game with Mikesol playing.
Old 08-05-2014, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fartface View Post
Just one question: Do you think that trying to get some of these will conflict with actually trying your hardest to win and therefore ruin some games? To be specific the only ones I'm concerned about are:
I tried to eliminate anything I thought might have a significant negative impact on ladder. For example I put nothing related to ratios or minimizing deaths. I used 4 goal assists instead of 6 to prevent anyone from really going out of their way trying to get 6. Nothing for playing a long game.

I felt like we should have kill based achievements and that they would not cause major problems if deaths were not a factor. Personally I'd like to at least give them a chance, but I will definitely remove them quickly if they become a problem.
Old 08-05-2014, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aki1024 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Please note this Van.
Old 08-05-2014, 07:48 AM

Hahahaha is this for real. Kill clam, rly? Hahahaha
Old 08-05-2014, 07:52 AM

Yes you are all welcome to post ideas for achievements here or PM me. I'd like to have a much longer list at least for the start of next season.

I am also strongly considering releasing new achievements every week. Some of the achievements may only be active for that week. I'd definitely need help coming up with more though. Anything time limited generally will need to not be related to a specific player in case they aren't on during that week. They could be clan related or players grouped in other ways. I am also considering having some achievements that are hidden, maybe even only be awarded to the first person who discovers them.

I have not written up a list yet, but there are going to be a lot of season ending award achievements. Obviously top ranking players will receive some along with statistical leaders. There will be some added for last season, but not close to the number of awards available for this season.

Last edited by VAN1SH1NG; 08-05-2014 at 07:57 AM.
Old 08-05-2014, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN1SH1NG View Post
For example I put nothing related to ratios or minimizing deaths.
Fair enough and I think you did a great job with that overall, but getting 20 or 30 kills in a row without dying requires both a good ratio and minimizing deaths

I like your idea of group based achievements, maybe something for if you beat a team that has 3 or more people from the same clan? Like bbq eater etc (idk how hard that would be to implement given the possibility of fake tags, you'd probably need to cross check it with a running list of clan members' vapor ids)

Last edited by Fartface; 08-05-2014 at 08:16 AM.
Old 08-05-2014, 08:41 AM

Well true that kill streak of 30 at least may be too excessive and probably should be removed. I think 20 can occur fairly naturally for good killers.

Clan member lists will be stored in the database to support future features. I will try to get initial lists done and then turn them over to clan leaders to manage. Of course this won't work well if some clans end up not bothering to keep the lists updated. I think the upcoming features will make it worthwhile though.
Old 08-05-2014, 08:58 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Perfect idea to make sure nobody can ever get all the achievements!
Old 08-05-2014, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fartface View Post
Achievement hunters will essentially be doing what is usually called ratio whoring to get these (especially the Kill Streak 20 and 30) which can be very detrimental to the overall effort to win. I would definitely predict multiple cases of people who are coming close to 20 or 30 kills in a row purposefully neglecting defense or a push so as to stay alive, which could be perceived as game throwing and lead to some controversial and headache-worthy bans
I got the 10 streak yesterday, and was playing less aggressively at time...because I had gold bars. The incentive to stat whore has always been a thing, and in ladder, is balanced by players (usually loopies) willing to go out of their way to kill someone with golds.

I can't see how protecting a streak, with the rationale of protecting bars, can been considered game throwing. If it comes at the expense of a push, it's a bad tactic, which is punished by losses and rating.

(Totally unrelated, but I managed to drop two levels yesterday. Balancer must be broken.)
Old 08-05-2014, 03:59 PM

Quote:
I used 4 goal assists instead of 6 to prevent anyone from really going out of their way trying to get 6
How is this any different from getting a sixer?

-J
Old 08-05-2014, 04:55 PM

What the heck.. when did you guys start? I waited past midnight yday and it didn't start… FFS
Old 08-05-2014, 06:10 PM

"Epic Comeback" should be "Donified", "Donned", "Don'd", or maybe even "Epic Donback".

Personally, I would prefer if it read "Epic Brokeback", but that's not necessarily relevant to the actual achievement.
Old 08-05-2014, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadespam View Post
I can't see how protecting a streak, with the rationale of protecting bars, can been considered game throwing. If it comes at the expense of a push, it's a bad tactic, which is punished by losses and rating.
Playing a ladder game with any primary intention other than winning is throwing the game. Most of the achievements do not conflict with that but the kill streaks do. You're not the only one being "punished by losses and rating" by neglecting to push/defend; there are those 5 other guys too. If you are trying to get 20 kills in a row without dying in ball mode then you are not trying your hardest to win. Of course an actual ban would probably only occur if you intentionally neglect blocking your own goal, sacrificing a goal to stay alive. If someone has 15 kills in a row and is the last line of defense, they will probably opt to flee behind their goal rather than risk dying to save it.

Technically all the dogfighter and kill streak achievements mess with the primary goal of winning to some extent, but I think Kill Streak 20 and 30 are the ones that will present serious problems and lotsa rage.

Last edited by Fartface; 08-05-2014 at 06:31 PM.
Old 08-05-2014, 07:08 PM

Killstreak is non repeatable according to the first post btw, but still getting 30 seems somewhat high (if ppl trying over and over again to get that one).
Rather make it somewhat like 8 - 12 - 16, or lower the rewards esspecially the third one imo (its 10 - 100 - 300 now)

Would be nice to get an achievement for getting all achievements or for when u finished 50% / 75% (not necessarily points)

Last edited by StygMa; 08-05-2014 at 07:10 PM.
Old 08-05-2014, 08:16 PM

Eyes on the Prize pts 1, 2, 3: Kill the enemy ball carrier 5, 15, 25 times in a game
A Knack for Teamwork pts 1, 2, 3: Make 5, 15, 25 successful passes in a game
Immaculate Reception pts 1, 2, 3: Make 5, 15, 25 successful receptions of passes in a game
(amounts can be changed)

Barbecue Eater: Win against a team with three [BBQ] on it
Ball Dunker: Win against a team with three {ball} on it

Last edited by Fartface; 08-05-2014 at 08:21 PM.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:00 PM

Fart on Fart: Kill Fart using acid
Old 08-05-2014, 09:41 PM

Not sure if these are feasible:

Moby Dick: As whale, from the grave, kill the plane that just killed you. (e.g. a mine you left before you died ends up killing the plane that just killed you. have a 3 second time limit so it can only occur while you're waiting to respawn).

Alternatively, just a 'from the grave' achievement where any kills you get 3 seconds after you die will count.

Captain Ahab: 1st kill after respawning is the whale (or any plane I suppose) that last killed you.

Edit: Thought of 2 more

Too little too late: Get the last kill of the game on the losing team
All the difference: Get the last kill of the game on the winning team

Last edited by angryirishman0; 08-06-2014 at 12:35 AM. Reason: more ideas
Old 08-05-2014, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWhatever View Post
How is this any different from getting a sixer?

-J
You will purposefully not score yourself to try and get assists.
Old 08-05-2014, 10:28 PM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

and there will be people who purposely don't pass bc they don't want to lose their sixer
Old 08-05-2014, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineduck View Post
and there will be people who purposely don't pass bc they don't want to lose their sixer
What SSD said.

-J
Old 08-06-2014, 03:44 AM

To me it seems not nearly as bad. If you hog a bit and ignore an open teammate. At least you are still attacking the goal and trying to score. And lets be real, people are going to do this if they have 5 goals anyway to get a sixer even without an achievement.

If you get the ball right in front of the goal and turn around to try and find someone to pass to, that can be a huge problem.

In either case if you were to do something ridiculous to try and get the achievement it may result in a ban depending on how severe it is.

In other news I am dropping the 30 kill streak achievement, but there will still be an award given at end of season for highest kill streak.

Last edited by VAN1SH1NG; 08-06-2014 at 04:37 AM.
Old 08-06-2014, 04:02 AM

Quote:
In other news I am dropping the 30 multikill achievement, but there will still be an award given at end of season for highest multikill.
Holy ****. 30 multikill? I don't think I've seen more then an 8 multikill. I thought it was a kill streak achievement. Your opponents would have to be helping you get a that.
Old 08-06-2014, 10:44 AM

Found the first significant issue, sadly another that was carried over from last season that should have been caught long ago.

Anytime there was a secondary goal assister, the first goal assister was being credited with two assists while the secondary assister got nothing. When checking for the achievement the first goal assister would only get credit for one goal so this did not result in anyone getting the assists achievement that did not earn it. But it could have prevented you from getting the achievement if some of the assists were secondary.

I hope to write a script to fix the data eventually, but it will take a lot of work. I don't care much about getting people the achievement if they should have received it (probably will get it again if already got it by day 2). But would be nice to have the stats as correct as possible. It will be worthwhile to have something to reprocess logs to correct stats when needed anyway. But as this is beta some issues are still to be expected. The bug in the parser should be fixed.

I have adjusted point values on a few achievements no one earned yet and will update the list later today Probably will just get a page on the website using the database so it will always be up to date.

Last edited by VAN1SH1NG; 08-06-2014 at 10:56 AM.
Old 08-06-2014, 11:37 AM

Perhaps its answered already but i was wondering if you get a 300 points reward will u get all the points if your lvl is 10 -150.
Will the points only count within one lvl and then reset? So that would make you lvl 11 - 150. Or does it continu te count so your lvl will be 12 - 150?
Old 08-06-2014, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Holy ****. 30 multikill? I don't think I've seen more then an 8 multikill. I thought it was a kill streak achievement. Your opponents would have to be helping you get a that.
I don't think it's 30 multikills. It's 30 kills in a row (without dying) if i understood it right.
Old 08-06-2014, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StygMa View Post
Perhaps its answered already but i was wondering if you get a 300 points reward will u get all the points if your lvl is 10 -150.
Will the points only count within one lvl and then reset? So that would make you lvl 11 - 150. Or does it continu te count so your lvl will be 12 - 150?
Achievement point aren't ladder xp.

-J
Old 08-06-2014, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWhatever View Post
Achievement point aren't ladder xp.

-J
Ahh my bad, I thought that it was the same
Old 08-09-2014, 03:14 AM

Treasure Hunter - Take 3 Gold Bars from 10 players in a game

Medic I, II, III- Restore 2k, 5k, 10k health before dieing (doesn't include repair drone)

Survivalist I, II, III - Stay alive with < 5% health for 15 secs, 30,secs 60secs

Untouchable I, II, III - 100% health for 15s, 30s, 60s

i guess bottom 2 will probably ruin games
Old 08-09-2014, 05:18 AM

Sorry Apa but these suggestions aren't possible due to what info is available to ladder. I could somewhat guess based on experience gained from kills about how many bars they probably have but can't be fully accurate. Specifically experience from doing damage but not killing a plane or turret will not be known.

I also don't know how much health planes have, etc.
Old 08-09-2014, 05:25 AM

this is relevant
Old 08-09-2014, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slender View Post
I am not sure if you are linking that thread because you think I can use the formulas, but the problem is that the logs do not provide the data required to make any calculation.
Old 08-09-2014, 07:16 PM

Initial list of TBD achievements added to original post. The higher level Dogfighter achievements as well as the kill streak achievements have been renamed in ball to match these.
Old 08-09-2014, 07:42 PM
Super Moderator

lol - i like the list of tbd achievements but I just wanted to note that the maximum base damage is not 36. Not sure if you intentionally left it at 36 to make it so people don't have to play ace instincts or reflect + drop to get more.

With ace instincts you can hit for 40 with trip golds. You can also hit for theoretically 100 if you shield a bunch of bombs back or drop yours and reflect others. I recall someone hitting for 80 last season by doing something similar (but this could have been APL instead of ladder).

Edit: I also propose you rename the "Got Mat" achievement to "Mat's dead GO!!!!!"
Old 08-09-2014, 07:54 PM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

xx2 hit for 49 last apl
Old 08-09-2014, 07:58 PM

Added a few more related to base hits. It is a bit tough with TBD because of the base damage rounding issues. So mostly have to go by hits rather than damage done.

I thought 39 was the max for a single bomb? I don't think I have ever seen a 40. In the database from last season the highest hit was 38 (probably rounded up to 39 in game) and that only happened once. There were 15 37s and 45 36s. If there was interest I could make an additional achievement for a base hit that is logged as 38 dmg. My plan was just to have the 36 (or higher) achievement.

There were a couple hits that were 60+ (63 and 68) hitting multiple bombs at the same time last season. I decided to add a double hit achievement.

Last edited by VAN1SH1NG; 08-09-2014 at 08:13 PM.
Old 08-09-2014, 08:00 PM

it appears as 40 in game but that is probably due to rounding, it'll likely actually be 39 in the parser