Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Ladder Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar

Ladder Discussion Everything related to altitudeladder.com and the ladder servers goes here.

Old 06-14-2016, 08:24 PM

Default Season start postponed until tomorrow (Wednesday)

I am postponing the season start until tomorrow, Wednesday, because I have to leave in about 4 hours. I prefer not to start the season when I won't be around. I still have servers running for capts and we have almost enough to play right now.

Unless I change my mind, players will be grouped into three tiers based on ratings from last season. Basically I am dividing the skill levels into separate ladder groups like most games with more players.

Unfortunately we obviously don't have enough players right now to create games matching up players in the same tier. However, I want to make ladder rewards achievable by more players to encourage newer or lower rated players to play better.

Ideally the top 3 in each tier will earn CP and move up to a tier if not in tier 1. I am going to message lamster now to ask for approval to increase CP rewards and hopefully will get an answer today. Even if no CP, perhaps playing to rank high in your tier will still be an improvement.

There may also be certain hours or events where only the top two tiers are able to play ladder.

If you have any suggestions for the tier system let me know. I have not finalized how each tier will be selected yet, but it will be based on a combination of games played, win%, and rating from last season. Like if a player played less than like 30 games last season they probably will start in the bottom tier (unless we determine that player is too skilled and needs to be manually put in higher tier). Since some players who played a little more than 30 games never got close to an accurate rating, I expect to take into account win % as well. So if your win % is less than like 40%, it is assumed you are very overrated and will be bumped down a tier.
Old 06-15-2016, 08:23 AM

I like the tier system. It makes sense for a lot of other games, so I'd imagine it will work for alti, too.

Also just wanted to leave you a note here saying I've made some changes to ball_altitude and ball_desert. Pretty much given up on ball_cityscape right now though I would like to maybe visit it again down the road.
Old 06-15-2016, 10:01 PM

Is new season starting tonight?
Old 06-15-2016, 11:19 PM

I'm leaning towards no because I am just wrapping up parser code now and I will have to leave soon. Most likely I will leave the server running in test mode for the rest of the evening to make sure everything is running smoothly. So you can play, but it will be wiped whenever the season officially starts.