Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Ladder Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar

Ladder Discussion Everything related to altitudeladder.com and the ladder servers goes here.

Old 07-20-2015, 05:22 PM

Default New Website + Marketing Campaign

AltitudeRank.com is being phased out and will be replaced with a new website. I had always eventually wanted to use the site to help market the game to potential new players. With the newly released game Rocket League exploding in popularity and getting a lot of press, I'm wanting to see if I can capture some of that crowd. The game is quite similar to Altitude other obviously than the graphics.

I'm going to try to get this new site and marketing campaign live ASAP to take advantage. The new site will be located at PlaneBall.com so yes the focus of the marketing will be Ball, but there will be content for the other modes on the site. To get it up as quickly as possible I'll likely merge the ladder content into the new site a little bit later.

If you want to help...

The primary needs are writers and advertising money. Quite a lot of content (new player info, etc) is needed for the site so additional writers can help get this launched more quickly.

If you want to contribute any money towards advertising send me a PM here or talk to me in game. I will personally commit to at least $50 per month through the end of 2015 although probably significantly more during the first month to capitalize on Rocket League's success. Right now I'm simply assessing how much $ might be contributed if any to plan a campaign. Advertising will be done through Google AdWords and Facebook.

Follow the new twitter account which will be used for news & promotional tweets: https://twitter.com/PlaneBall
Like Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/AltitudePlaneBall

Additionally you can help bring players to Altitude by commenting on the various social media/reddit posts and articles/reviews for Rocket League suggesting players who like it try out Altitude.

Last edited by VAN1SH1NG; 07-20-2015 at 05:40 PM.
Old 07-27-2015, 02:53 AM

I'm a writer/editor/graphic designer by profession with a degree in professional writing and marketing. In fact, I've helped put out 12 newspapers just this week, so, just let me know if you'd like to utilize my unique skill set. :P

What kind of material were you looking to write about?

Last edited by Oyster; 07-27-2015 at 03:10 AM.
Old 07-27-2015, 04:07 AM

I haven't really planned anything out. But I'd expect to have the following content:

At launch:
  • Homepage - brief intro to plane ball
  • Plane Ball - extended info about plane ball
  • Other Modes - Single page with basic info on all other modes including TBD, TDM, 1DM, 1DE, FFA - probably exclude 1BD since no one plays it
  • Planes - info about the different planes
  • Perks - info about perks (probably same page as planes, not sure yet)
  • Competitive Plane Ball - Ladder and league info
  • Beginner guide - Guide for new players to start playing Altitude, with focus on Plane Ball
  • Download & Installation - Info on installing the game and advice on settings
  • Videos - Likely a 30s promo video and like a 3 minute intro to Plane Ball video.

Either at launch or soon after:
  • Running your own server
  • Maps - Map list including screenshots and download link. Probably available at launch but may be only the most ball popular maps at first and later expanded to more ball maps as well as other modes.
  • Map Making - Guide to making maps with the editor, preferably with video tutorial as well
  • Ladder rankings, stats, etc - Replaces AltitudeRank.com
Old 07-27-2015, 11:26 PM

You should see if Solikos can help with the promo video, he has some really great highlighs. Check out thread 9748 for an example.

http://altitudegame.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9748
Old 07-28-2015, 02:18 AM

I can write content. I'd imagine much in the way of guides and intros can be culled from the forum, though.

What about reviving the wiki? It already contains a lot of the info you're wanting to include.
Old 07-28-2015, 06:25 AM

Default reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/altitude

It was originally created with our game in mind, and I found it abandoned. I requested to be mod of the sub and now have control. Feel free to post any info there. Linking this post now.
Old 07-28-2015, 08:27 PM

I can also write content. Altitude can benefit from some really good publicity. I can already imagine Altitude's PR team assembling right now!

I think an Altitude directory of "all things Altitude" will be helpful. It can be a nice addition to Van's new site or to Altitude subreddit.

Perhaps we can start with organizing content that's already available, and see what needs to be fixed. I just finished watching a few videos about Altitude on Youtube. They are mostly good, although I found that some of them have outdated information since they were made years ago.

Last edited by abski170; 07-28-2015 at 08:31 PM.
Old 07-29-2015, 09:39 PM

Quick update..

I'm going to write content for Download & Install + Beginner Guide tomorrow.
It seems easier for me to get the core info in the beginner guide done so that writers of other pages know what has already been covered there. Then I'll pass off most other content aside from home page and the main plane ball page (probably will end up being a collaborative effort on these.. need to make them perfect).

I'm also hoping to know the general design and layout tomorrow as well. It is extremely unlikely that I'll be able to get this live by the end of this week, but I have a ton of time next week to work on this. Hopefully we can get a rough version up between Monday and Wednesday, polish it up, and then start running ads by the weekend.