Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Ladder Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar

Ladder Discussion Everything related to altitudeladder.com and the ladder servers goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 12:51 AM

Default Counter claim: Request to ban Elixir

This is a counter claim to elixir's poor and ridiculous attempt to get me banned http://altitudegame.com/forums/showt...t=3294&page=39

Elixir the "long standing pillar of the community" has a long standing history of using ridiculous perks and obviously throwing games. The fact that he does preemptive strikes on other players is a poor attempt to create a situation that he is somehow great no matter what plane he plays and that other people who try different planes are throwing games.

The fact that I played dumb bombs in a game that he did too is by no means any proof that I threw the game. I scored the single goal of the match after I went dumb bombs. While that doesn't mean I'm not throwing neither does me going dumb bombs does.

I claim elixir stuck with dumb bombs in the following games just so he can make the argument that "i'm playing dumb bombs in the following games too, therefore i'm not throwing". A game where he went 9-20 on grotto, ZZ+ can attest to him throwing the game.

I request a ban on Elixir. This is the game:
http://www.altitudeladder.com/match....&mode=ball_6v6

Last edited by Tekn0; 03-07-2012 at 08:59 AM.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:58 AM

I mean

Is it so hard to understand that playing bad planes and getting bad ratios isn't a bannable offense

I guess it is
Old 03-07-2012, 01:02 AM

It could be under rule 12.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:05 AM

If you look at Lix's stats (found here)

You can see that he's played dumbbombs a fair few games, and with around 30mins of play. He obviously isn't throwing games because he's making kills; indeed more kills than with any other plane, he's also got a decent scoring record. 6 games isn't a great sample, but I think it shows enough of a trend.

Neither of these things can be said for you and whilst I didn't really support lix's ban on you before, this reaction makes me think that you did switch just to 'troll'. You obviously aren't great at dombs and you are one of the people in ladder who expects people to have a decent level of skill before they play a plane. Similarly you understand the ladder algorithm well enough that you know a high rated player switching to dombs when he cannot play them is much worse than a bad player revving into a wall all match.

For shame.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:06 AM

Meh, if rule 12 applied that widely, then all the noobs would be banned from ladder
Old 03-07-2012, 01:06 AM

Location: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l76jo1xRKb1qbe82eo1_500.jpg

I smell a good thread coming.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:08 AM

It's still not bannable, but tek, can you justify why you switched to bombs? What informed your decision. I'm curious as you have no experience with that plane and your team already had a dumb bomber. It's also a plane you've described as terrible in the past.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribilla View Post
It's still not bannable, but tek, can you justify why you switched to bombs? What informed your decision. I'm curious as you have no experience with that plane and your team already had a dumb bomber. It's also a plane you've described as terrible in the past.
rib sometimes i just love u man <3
Old 03-07-2012, 01:20 AM

What's amusing is that he calls dumb bombs a ridiculous perk, tries to get elixir banned for playing it, and then rationalizes his usage of said perk by saying he scored a goal.

what were you doing playing dumb bombs in the first place ಠ_ಠ
Old 03-07-2012, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Y] View Post
What's amusing is that he calls dumb bombs a ridiculous perk, tries to get elixir banned for playing it, and then rationalizes his usage of said perk by saying he scored a goal.

what were you doing playing dumb bombs in the first place ಠ_ಠ
I was thinking of his Rev. TA. ANd please don't try to justify that that is a good perk when he uses it, it's not.

Rib, whatever reason I give for switching to bomber would in your eyes not seem a good one because you've already pre-concluded that what I did was trolling but what elixir does is not.

Rib, You say he has 6 games as dumb bomber and therefore he is not as inexperienced as me. If you will choose to look properly, 4 of those games are from TODAY. What if I also continued playing dumb bombs just because I can later create a thread and claim I have more games as dumb bombs and it was not a one-off occurrence? I chose to play dumb bomber in a particular situation.

elixir played dumb bombs in the following games just so he can create a thread to somehow justify it. I'm not the only one complaining about elixir's choices and context of them. I'm sure none of you find his preemptive strike of reporting me instead of himself as highly trust worthy while I of course am trolling and he isn't. I cannot change preconceived perceptions of people

Last edited by Tekn0; 03-07-2012 at 01:33 AM.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:47 AM

Please don't avoid the question, whether you think you can change preconceived ideas or not, what was your rationale for switching?

I'm quite willing to be believe it wasn't trolling, if you present a logical reason. I'm a logical person, you're a logical person, let's see what happens here.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:46 AM

dombers best boat

evidence: see grotto game
Old 03-07-2012, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex~ View Post
dombers best boat

31st dombers never say die

Also, for the record...

Last edited by elxir; 03-07-2012 at 07:38 AM.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Y] View Post
What's amusing is that he calls dumb bombs a ridiculous perk, tries to get elixir banned for playing it, and then rationalizes his usage of said perk by saying he scored a goal. ]
Just to set the record straight, elixir "reported" that I'm throwing a game by switching to the same plane he was using and provide no evidence that I actually threw the game besides having fewer kills (because I started as randa). This already seems to show that elixir himself knows he's throwing a game using sub-optimal perks and then once he saw someone else on his team using the perk and it was someone he doesn't like in general, decided to make a ban request out of it.

My counter claim is that he deliberately switches to a plane that is not considered to be a sub-optimal perks and later continues to play it for 3 more games trying and then creates a thread to create a false claim that he is somehow pro at playing whatever plane setup he wants while others cannot do the same.

He then claims to say that he was leading in kills and therefore he was not throwing and I was throwing because I had the least kills. In the grotto game, he went 9-22 with least kills and no goals. A game which I also played but not as dumb bomber. What happens to his rationale about kills now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex~ View Post
dombers best boat

Yes, to those who don't know, that was the game I'm referring to as well with lix playing dumb bombs.

Rib, I will give my justification for playing dumb bombs to an admin if I have to in private. I don't want to give my justification here so that elixir can copy whatever I've said as my justification. I saw how he played and what he was trying to pull to create a ban request on me.

I never had the intention of "reporting" elixir but since elixir obviously has a grudge on me and is maliciously trying to get me banned by creating false stories prompted me to create a counter claim.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:17 AM

You making this post after lix made his has given more evidence to ban you than it has to ban lix...
Old 03-07-2012, 08:28 AM

I notice that tekno is trying awfully hard to somehow justify his game throwing by pointing to kill death ratios and other meaningless statistics, none of which I mentioned in any of my posts, despite his amusing claims to the contrary.

It's just embarrassing to try to justify what he did. he continually uses logical fallacies and shadow arguments, and he has not one single time been able to explain what legitimate purpose his plane switch had - despite being asked by multiple people in multiple threads. He simply continues to dodge the subject and throw more **** at the wall, hoping it will stick. Unfortunately for his arguments, the audience is not full of retards.

I say "legitimate purpose" for personal amusement and rhetoric, because we all know what his actual purpose was.

Game throwing.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:44 AM

I also notice that tekno continuously attempts to couch my argument in terms of "elixir played plane X, tekno also played plane X but did worse with it, therefore elixir wants tekno banned."

This is false. I do not appreciate tekno's attempts to subjugate my statements to his pedagogical fallacies.

My statement, in no uncertain terms, is as follows:

elixir plays plane X

tekno sees elixir playing plane X (bombs, turbocharger, flexible wings - the standard domber [see: domber guide #1; domber guide #2)

NOTE: guide #1 written by elixir, the person being accused of throwing games, despite having written a guide and constantly advocating (and occasionally receiving) buffs of the domber

tekno gets mad

tekno decides to throw game

tekno switches from legitimate plane Y (Miranda) to illogical plane X (bombs, reverse thrust, repair drone - decried by both guides as useless)

Kaizen calls out tekno

tekno responds by telling kaizen to yell at elixir instead

teknos argument is thus as follows:

1) elixir is playing a plane that he has spent a year developing and learning about

2) this is bull****, elixir is throwing the game

3) ???

4) switch to an even ****tier version of the plane elixir is playing

5) claim to not be throwing the game; accuse elixir of throwing game instead

Last edited by elxir; 03-07-2012 at 08:46 AM.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:50 AM

Clapon, please re-read what I posted, the fact that he decided to make a thread first doesn't mean anything. It is like taking anticipatory bail after commiting a crime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elxir View Post
elixir is playing a plane that he has spent a year developing and learning about
You had just 6 games when you reported the thread and 4 of which are after the game where I also played dumb bombs and you made this thread. You then went on to play more games with dumb bombs so you can try to make this ridiculous claim.

Quote:
I notice that tekno is trying awfully hard to somehow justify his game throwing by pointing to kill death ratios and other meaningless statistics, none of which I mentioned in any of my posts, despite his amusing claims to the contrary.
Game throwing.
More words, no meaning. Praising the audience as "not full of retards" is also a sly attempt to gain more ground.

What is really funny is a person such as you who has a history of abusing ladder experience with playing stupid setups decides to file a reportto ban someone else for playing dumb bombs.

I created a thread here long time ago: http://altitudegame.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7531 and of course it has YOU in it. Guess who first trolled that thread? Oh yeah it was you.

Of all people reporting game throwing you should be the very last one. You're the biggest game thrower of ladder who hasn't got banned.

Also by implying that I'm throwing a game when I played dumb bombs when you yourself are playing dumb bombs says a lot about what you yourself think of the perk. What is even more retarded is you trying to pull off some stupid logic by implying that you're a "regular and seasonsed dumb bombs" player when you had just 2 games before yesterday with dumb bombs.. which is like 1 game more than me and when you "reported" here you did so after 3 more games with dumb bomber in an attempt to say "i'm playing dumb bomb for more games/regularly/more than one game, therefore ban tekno who switched only on that game"

Last edited by Tekn0; 03-07-2012 at 12:13 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:27 AM

tl;dr bitches
Old 03-07-2012, 02:15 PM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

send me your justification
Old 03-07-2012, 02:59 PM

Sent you by PM... chars.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:58 PM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

your response was so oddly specific to that game that i hardly see a reason to think elixir would attempt to copy it. the only section of it that is even relevant to him is the part where you explain why you think dumb bombs is useful specifically on that map, and that's not even relevant to his own defense.

speaking of which, what rule exactly are you claiming he broke? are you suggesting that he threw the game on grotto (the one linked in the OP) and then subsequently threw every game in between then and the labyrinth game because he knew he was going to have you on your team and that you would then switch to dumb bombs mid-game so he could claim that you were throwing that game while still covering his backside? that's kind of a stretch.

anyway, i see no reason to not post the reasoning (at least the reasoning you sent me). if you're absolutely horrified at the fact that elixir might steal it, you can always just edit out the part where you explain your logic for that map and hope he somehow doesn't know it already.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekn0 View Post
This is a counter claim to elixir's poor and ridiculous attempt to get me banned http://altitudegame.com/forums/showt...t=3294&page=39

Elixir the "long standing pillar of the community" has a long standing history of using ridiculous perks and obviously throwing games. The fact that he does preemptive strikes on other players is a poor attempt to create a situation that he is somehow great no matter what plane he plays and that other people who try different planes are throwing games.

The fact that I played dumb bombs in a game that he did too is by no means any proof that I threw the game. I scored the single goal of the match after I went dumb bombs. While that doesn't mean I'm not throwing neither does me going dumb bombs does.

I claim elixir stuck with dumb bombs in the following games just so he can make the argument that "i'm playing dumb bombs in the following games too, therefore i'm not throwing". A game where he went 9-20 on grotto, ZZ+ can attest to him throwing the game.

I request a ban on Elixir. This is the game:
Thanks for the heads up. I'll tell drunkguava to ban him when I get home.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:43 PM

remember the key to winning an argument is to always use big words and latin whenever possible.

i.e ad hominem

Old 03-08-2012, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineduck View Post
your response was so oddly specific to that game that i hardly see a reason to think elixir would attempt to copy it. the only section of it that is even relevant to him is the part where you explain why you think dumb bombs is useful specifically on that map, and that's not even relevant to his own defense.

speaking of which, what rule exactly are you claiming he broke? are you suggesting that he threw the game on grotto (the one linked in the OP) and then subsequently threw every game in between then and the labyrinth game because he knew he was going to have you on your team and that you would then switch to dumb bombs mid-game so he could claim that you were throwing that game while still covering his backside? that's kind of a stretch.

anyway, i see no reason to not post the reasoning (at least the reasoning you sent me). if you're absolutely horrified at the fact that elixir might steal it, you can always just edit out the part where you explain your logic for that map and hope he somehow doesn't know it already.
I don't have that write up anymore, there is no "Sent Message" box that lets me see it. Too tired to type it all over again. Posting it here is of little value to me, I don't want to spend time arguing with elixir or any non-admin on my reasoning to play it.

AFAICS, he was throwing the labyrinth and grotto games, I did not spectate him in the following games but I am convinced he has tried hard to build up more games with dumb bombs so when he makes his report he can claim he has several games while I don't.

The larger picture is that his history of what may be considered even leniently as borderline game throwing has been reported by several people not just me. The whole stint with rev TA and then other setups comes off as an attempt to promote himself as a master of every perk combination and he is somehow exclusively entitled to play them. When others play it he deems it as throwing. If his claim that just because I had my rev. perk setup implies that I'm throwing the game, what about all the games he played reverse TA -and- utilizing rev? Basically, it amounts to this: he's claiming no matter what perks he plays it's pro, while if I play it, it amounts to game throwing.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:31 AM

*yawn*....out of curiousity, how many threads like this have succeeded in doing anything but making the poster seem whiny? Game is over man. Also, lix isn't really inexperienced with domber, he uses it in pubs all the time when he's bored.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekn0
The game in question is this: http://www.altitudeladder.com/match....&mode=ball_6v6

As you can see the entire game lasted a little over 3 minutes.

The map is labyrinth.

After playing Ultracap Randa and trying to score, I quickly realized that the team were all over the place and I could not get any offense going whatsoever. I made 2 passes in an area with 4 of them. 4 of them. And none of them took the ball. This lead to the opposition scoring goals.

The other team had already started scoring goals by now. I think they already scored 2/3 goals at this point.

1. Our whale Kirby did not touch the ball even ONCE in the entire course of the game.

2. Our Acid loopy hardly ever touch the ball. 8 seconds the entire game. Granted for about first minute I held the ball/moved/tried to pass but they never took it.

3. Our Dumb Bomber elixir was nowhere near the ball either. Touched the ball for 3 whole seconds entire game. I hardly saw him in the map.

4. Facebook, no idea what he was doing in the whale but at least he made a couple of clears.

Of course I did not know these stats while playing, but what I did notice was my team was completely absent for the game and was ignoring the ball. This made me to try and get some kills and see if I can hold the ball and move it longer at the same time.

I wanted to go biplane because it has a lot of armour and I can move the ball, but decided against it because the other team had like 4 or 5 lights and I use HC mostly against whales, I need a fat target usually.

Because the map is labyrinth and I can drop dumb bombs right from the spawn and has a lot of vertical room I thought I could used domber to counter quick offenses right below our spawn as well as the bottom route from above. My HC-ass cannon bomber is decent but I utilize this more for bomb kills than the flak/ass cannon kills. Labyrinth is one of the few maps which does not have narrow passages and lets me use dumb bombs in pretty much the entire map. I will not claim I'm a pro-domber, but I'm not a pro at killing in general, I just wanted to get some cheap kills because the enemy were rushing thru the middle in a cluster, dumb bombs there can be effective.

I did not utilize reverse thrust even though it was loaded in my setup and quite frankly in such a short game the time I spend changing the perk and re-entering the game would not have made ANY huge difference to the outcome because as stated I did not rev. at all. I played it like a regular domber.

I managed to hold the ball much longer than anyone else in my team ever did EVEN with dumb bomber.

I don't see how the hell this even qualifies as "throwing" the game. The objective of ball is to score goals and win.

Ignoring the ball 100% of the game and just dropping some balls to get kills does not IN my opinion of ball count as helping the team.
the fact that "several people" have reported him for exactly what you're reporting him for and he's never been banned for it didn't clue you off that maybe you were wrong? elixir has consistently played dumb setups in the past, but there is no evidence whatsoever that he is actually throwing games. while it certainly opens up the possibility that he can throw games just because of his past history of playing setups that are generally considered to be bad, until it actually happens there's no reason to ban him. from our perspective he does not specifically choose individual games in which he wishes to play dumb setups because of some grudge he holds, whereas you pretty clearly switched to your setup just to spite him. this is why his report can hold water, while yours is extremely flimsy.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:53 AM

Quote:
I do not appreciate tekno's attempts to subjugate my statements to his pedagogical fallacies.
my god, what an asshole

ban elixir; give tekno a medal
Old 03-08-2012, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threevenge View Post
*yawn*....out of curiousity, how many threads like this have succeeded in doing anything but making the poster seem whiny? Game is over man. Also, lix isn't really inexperienced with domber, he uses it in pubs all the time when he's bored.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smushface View Post
THUS:
There's already enough cries of admin abuse for us to start banning over issues like this that aren't already cut and dry.

And yes, Solqom, you are part of this problem.

Don't blame ladder. Blame people like yourself.
I know this thread isn't about Solqom, but this (as well as what Rib said in the admin thread).

People need to chill the **** out and remember its only a game. I rage and I get raged at, but grow a pair (cept fo u ladies) and quit complaining. You're embarrassing yourselves and putting a target on you for other people to pull **** purposefully on you and ruining everybody's ladder experience.

Disclaimer: Not directed at you lix. I was present during those shenanigans and entirely agree with what you were proposing that tek was pulling.

fast edit: sounds a bit more dickish than I had intended, so inb4 blablabla nou rojo
edit#2: BAN BALL_CROSS FOR FREQUENTLY RUINING MY LADDER EXPERIENCE

Last edited by rojo; 03-08-2012 at 02:08 AM.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:26 AM

Ball_cross is a great map

/thread
Old 03-08-2012, 03:56 AM

Hey, guys, elixir's name doesn't have the first i. Was it always like that?
Old 03-08-2012, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [hlx] FatTristan View Post
Hey, guys, elixir's name doesn't have the first i. Was it always like that?
elixir lost an eye as part of a daring rescue involving a shady mcdonald's, girl pants, and sunshineduck

the missing letter is symbolic of his missing eye
Old 03-08-2012, 04:25 AM

Default U can't win

Ur either in the group of them or ur not tekno just try defending urself, and ull still probably lose... and im really not trying to be mean.. but the fact is if ur a friend of ssd dragon elixer and those guys, and that "group" then u wont get banned easily or at all. ( i was banned for "throwing a game" once i was 2nd in ladder BUT apparently i just liked to throw games.. the fact is U CANT WIN . sorry tekno but btw i support U
Old 03-08-2012, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky View Post
Ur either in the group of them or ur not tekno just try defending urself, and ull still probably lose... and im really not trying to be mean.. but the fact is if ur a friend of ssd dragon elixer and those guys, and that "group" then u wont get banned easily or at all. ( i was banned for "throwing a game" once i was 2nd in ladder BUT apparently i just liked to throw games.. the fact is U CANT WIN . sorry tekno but btw i support U
i hate you.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:40 AM

Quote:
When did Altitude become Mean Girls?
Old 03-08-2012, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [hlx] FatTristan View Post
When did Altitude become Mean Girls?
no its the sequal mean boys
Old 03-08-2012, 05:31 AM

Quote:
3/8/2012 sky finally comes out
Old 03-08-2012, 08:17 AM

Can i be part of said unbanable group?
Old 03-08-2012, 08:44 AM

Quote:

No, it's definitely girls.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:26 AM

No lol, its just a case of sad nerds with too much time on their hands playing god on the interwebz - good luck to you saddos =)
Closed Thread