Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Tech Support
FAQ Community Calendar

Tech Support Trouble running the game? Found a bug? Post here.

Old 12-02-2013, 12:23 AM

Default Ping reported as IntegerMax(2147483647) or 0. Brokenly high ping on all servers

I've played a solid 650 hours of altitude at an old location, but just recently I've moved onto a college campus network.

Altitude launches fine, and on first glance, the server browser shows no sign of an issue. All servers show decent pings (30-130) as they should. However, as soon as I click on a server, that server's ping either goes to the maximum value of a 32 bit integer or to zero, probably from some overflow error.

Whats strange to me, is that I can join the server and it works for about 5 seconds, before everything lags out and I'm booted for high ping (999). So a connection is established, but traffic is hitting a snag somewhere,

To make it clear, this is not a clear-cut high ping issue (location, slow internet, etc), and this is not a clear-cut blocked port issue. Also note that other games also launched from steam work just fine. Its almost certainly an issue with the college network filtering traffic somehow, but I feel like there must be a workaround of some kind. At the very least, I'd like to identify the issue.

If anyone has any tips of ideas I would be hugely, hugely thankful. I love this game and miss it dearly.

TL;DR - On college network; pings on all servers broken high (over 2 billion) or zero. Kicked from servers for high pings. Help?

Last edited by canb; 12-02-2013 at 12:26 AM.