Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Map Making
FAQ Community Calendar

Map Making Discuss everything related to creating new levels here.

Old 04-12-2015, 08:22 PM

Default Map editor q&a

This thread can be a general quick question/answer thread for the map editor.

Ask anything map editor related and I'll try my best to answer. Maybe other mappers could chime in as well.

I also have questions too, such as:

Does anyone know if there is a max size on maps? Like, how big can the map be before people's cpu's have trouble processing so many objects? I want to make a map 24,000/12,000 and would like to know if its feasable before I begin construction

Last edited by Oyster; 04-12-2015 at 11:46 PM.
Old 10-25-2015, 08:03 AM

How do you make something flash/blink reliably? I believe all you have to do is put two overlapping objects on the same layer, but when I tried doing it it didn't work... This happens by accident in coop maps but when I try to make things blink intentionally it doesn't work XD
Old 10-25-2015, 12:36 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Stam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyster View Post
This thread can be a general quick question/answer thread for the map editor.

Ask anything map editor related and I'll try my best to answer. Maybe other mappers could chime in as well.

I also have questions too, such as:

Does anyone know if there is a max size on maps? Like, how big can the map be before people's cpu's have trouble processing so many objects? I want to make a map 24,000/12,000 and would like to know if its feasable before I begin construction
I don't think there will be a problem with your map size, because most of the tbd coop maps actually have more than 24,000/12,000. But if you want to be so sure download a coop map (from tbd coop server), import it as an editable map and check how many pixels it is made of.
Hope that helped
Old 10-25-2015, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stam View Post
I don't think there will be a problem with your map size, because most of the tbd coop maps actually have more than 24,000/12,000. But if you want to be so sure download a coop map (from tbd coop server), import it as an editable map and check how many pixels it is made of.
Hope that helped
I think Oyster already made it...
Old 11-27-2015, 10:57 PM

map size was not a problem - however, i found there is a max number to how many turrets you can place, which severely limits creating ultra-huge maps
Old 11-27-2015, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyster View Post
map size was not a problem - however, i found there is a max number to how many turrets you can place, which severely limits creating ultra-huge maps
I found that there was a limit when I was trying to make explosives... I stacked a lot of turrets on top of each other, with low health, and when they were destroyed, the sheer amount of them meant that if you were beside them you also exploded... but when I tried placing more "bombs" I hit the limit. On the same topic, there also seems to be a limit to the amount of turret shells in a game at any time, so that makes making lots and lots of machinegun laser turrets not possible.