Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Ladder Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar

Ladder Discussion Everything related to altitudeladder.com and the ladder servers goes here.

Old 09-05-2015, 01:23 AM

Default IRC Ladder Channel.

Greetings, poor and underdeveloped Clam-tier animals.

I've set up an IRC channel surrounding mainly ladder if anyone wishes to join me in. My idea behind was to gather as many people as we could in the channel and hopefully get some ladder action going much faster than it does now. People usually idle for hours, days long on their clients, never leaving the channels they're in, occasionally checking them up to see what's new. I was thinking to apply exactly this on the channel that I've registered; for example someone in the channel says "yo imma get on alti, let's start ladder", people will eventually see it sooner or later but the message has been delivered and that's what I'm looking for.

Also, I thought it'd be actually nice to chat with some of you outside of the game itself and maintain some sort of communication in this ever dying game. A much brighter side would be that with the eventual launch of Van's new website for ladder and marketing plan involving Rocket League, a new wave of players would inject the game with life and I'm sure at least one of them would be a regular IRC user and will have a place to be in at the very least.

The plan for the long run would be to setup a bot or two to run announcements in the channel linked with Van's twitter account and perhaps Pushbullet notifications but I have yet to learn how to code one. Bots are available for purchase at around 5-15 $ a month but that's currently out of the question.

In regards to the already existing Altitude IRC channel on QuakeNet, it can't seriously be any more dead than it is already. Besides that, the few people that are still left there and that have been there for the longest time, make it feel like it's their own space and having people go in and out feels rather intruding and that's not the idea.

I realistically don't expect many or anyone to join the channel often at all, more so to be there almost all the time but please know that the channel is there and everyone is more than welcome. As for me, at times I'll be afk or probably sleeping but nonetheless, 24/7 there.

If you have an IRC client installed in your computer, just click the link below and it'll connect you automatically.

IRC Ladder Channel

For those using web clients, server is irc.rizon.net, channel #planeball.

Last edited by Slender; 09-06-2015 at 12:33 AM.
Old 09-06-2015, 12:32 AM

For ppl without irc go to www.rizon.net/chat, make a username, and join server Planeball
Old 09-23-2015, 08:36 PM

Guys i dont want to be mean, but an irc channel is not main stream.

In my opinion what alti needs it is an messenger app which has to have the following requirements:

1) easy to use
2) not social network, we want to respect everyone privacy
3) able to be installed in every smarthpone, at least android and iphones
4) cheap

I was thinking in whatsapp but it is not popular among the americans. Facebook messenger does not respect the privacy.
Snapchat is not easy to use.

So we have 2 options, telegram and Kik.
Kik is easy to use, it doesnt require anything to work, not even an email (you can use a false email)
Telegram needs phone number but it is better app. Both apps work in smartpones and tables. Telegram even works in pc and can be installed at the same time in any device.

I Will create an Alti group both in Kik and in telegram

Only if we work together we will be strong enough to save alti and have fun in ladder.

In KIK You can directly join the ladder group using the hashtag altitudeladder
IN TELEGRAM You have to add me and my number in your contacts in your smartphone. Install the telegram app. then say Hi to me in telegram letting me know you want to be added into the ladder group. I will let you know my phone number by PM in this forum.
Old 09-24-2015, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don quijote View Post
1) easy to use
2) not social network, we want to respect everyone privacy
3) able to be installed in every smarthpone, at least android and iphones
4) cheap
That's exactly what IRC is.
Old 09-24-2015, 05:29 PM

Yes and I also never expected many people to come. I only did it to serve as another alternative to the various ways we have right now of starting ladder. I'm always there and anyone is more than welcome if they wish to join.
Old 09-24-2015, 06:40 PM

this don kid probably never used a terminal in his lief ahaha