Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Map Making
FAQ Community Calendar

Map Making Discuss everything related to creating new levels here.

Old 11-26-2015, 02:11 AM

Default tbd_coop_vortex and left/right side flipping

Sometimes when tbd_coop_vortex loads on Coop+, the Red team is left and Blue team is right. Other times, Blue is left and Red is right. I would have thought the left/right side determination would be deterministic.

It might have something to do with Blue's really odd base (it is scaled to 0):

<Base layer="1" x="3309" y="-49">
<team index="4" />
<transformation scale="0.0" rotate="0.0" flipX="false" flipY="false">
<translate x="0.0" y="0.0" />
</transformation>
</Base>

I was also thinking that it might have to do with the server's "testCameraViewScale" setting when the
map loads. Any ideas?
Old 11-26-2015, 06:30 AM

Is it easy to reproduce or does it only happen rarely? If it happens frequently why not try increasing the base scale to see if that resolves the problem.
Old 11-26-2015, 07:14 AM

I can't make it happen, that is why I was asking for suggestions from the group. When I originally set the map up, I set it to assign left (blue). Then, I was on one day and we all started as red, but the server was still configured to force left. So, I changed the configuration to force right, and everyone spawned right (now blue). The, the other day people were on and said they were spawning red again. So, I changed it to spawn left again. Now, it needs to be right again.

It is entirely possible that the server was restarted in between occurances. I have tried restarting servers, running the map in test mode from the editor, and I can't get it to flip.

I was hoping to figure it out, but for now I am updating my code to allow team assignment for coop maps to be by color, as well as left/right. I originally went with left/right only because that is how "assignTeam" works.